ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Depression... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267679)

Reerun_KC 12-14-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9209573)
Call me any time, bro. I'm not smart and I won't be able to fix any of your problems but at least you'll feel better about yourself after talking to my dumb ass.

this. My pm and cell phone is always open.

ChiTown 12-14-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9209320)
I'm talking suicide depression...I could give a shit about the Matt Casshole or the chiefs...

We are here for you, bro. Seriously, there's not a damn thing we won't do for you. First, call that number. Then, lets talk it out

In58men 12-14-2012 11:29 PM

Meth or heroine

KurtCobain 12-14-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9209640)
Meth or heroine

No joke that those will help indeed. then you got new problems

In58men 12-14-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9209645)
No joke that those will help indeed. then you got new problems

Like methadone refills?

Fat Elvis 12-14-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9209347)
This. Dont do whatever you are thinking

This is probably the one and only time that HCF and I will agree on anything.

Make it through tonight. Do what it takes to do that.

Get some help. Talk to a psychiatrist. Talk to your doctor. Talk to family members. Talk to a friend(s). Talk to people here.

Real depression is a chemical imbalance--think of it as diabetes of the brain. If you had diabetes, you' d get help for that wouldn't you? Get help for your depression.

Psyko Tek 12-14-2012 11:57 PM

drinking heavily and crying softly

bricks 12-15-2012 12:03 AM

Change the way you think.

FAX 12-15-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9209667)
This is probably the one and only time that HCF and I will agree on anything.

Make it through tonight. Do what it takes to do that.

Get some help. Talk to a psychiatrist. Talk to your doctor. Talk to family members. Talk to a friend(s). Talk to people here.

Real depression is a chemical imbalance--think of it as diabetes of the brain. If you had diabetes, you' d get help for that wouldn't you? Get help for your depression.

That's actually a dang accurate statement and a great way to look at it. The bonus is that it's completely true and frequently completely overlooked.

Because it surfaces as an emotional upheaval or trauma, people who are experience depression need to give themselves time when they feel like time's running out. They need to talk with people when they feel as though people don't care. They need to find some hope when they feel things are hopeless. It's a paradoxical dichotomy that can spin out of control simply because people don't realize that they may very well be suffering from a physical abnormality ... just like diabetes. People who deal with depression often discover they have thyroid problems ... or an endocrine imbalance of some sort ... or pancreatic issues. Hormones are tricky things and can get out of whack pretty easily.

And just as Mr. Fat Elvis said, you would seek out a doctor for any of those problems and it would be the right thing to do. Because the fact of the matter is that the depression is frequently the primary symptom ... but if that's all it is ... that's all it is ... a symptom.

Again, please PM me if you would like to chat. We can talk about anything that comes into your mind including Mr. Phobia's persistent ass-rash which I heard about from somebody who saw him naked.

FAX

Phobia 12-15-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9209682)
Change the way you think.

This post is probably a lot bigger than it first appears.

NJChiefsFan 12-15-2012 12:32 AM

Hope the guy is alright. Being hopeless is the worst feeling in the world. Hard to see your way around it, or worse, to even want to see your way around it. The good news is it doesn't always take a life-changing event to break through it. Sometimes it can be something small. You just can't give up on yourself. Some of the examples given don't seem big but they can be. Working out can really change your outlook mentally. For me, sports really did it. Always gave me something to look for in the future. Following more than one sport was key here, because the Chiefs sure as hell don't fill that often.

Cornstock 12-15-2012 01:52 AM

Working out and getting fresh air and sunshine works the best for me.

KurtCobain 12-15-2012 01:56 AM

Well yeah, ten times outta ten doing something beats sitting and dwelling.

Sorter 12-15-2012 04:01 AM

Exercising.

zigbazah 12-15-2012 04:24 AM

Exercising, playing some good music and/or calling a friend helps me.