ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Official *** I survived the end of the world *** thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267891)

CLX 12-21-2012 10:06 AM

If it were the end of the world would any of us know it happened? Is today the beginning of the end?

How about, has anyone done any research on the Mayan Calendar? I haven't but I heard a conversation last week regarding the last day of the year according to the Mayans. The conversation regarded our use of Feb. 29 every four years and that the timing was right for "Leap Millennium" a date that would reconcile the calendar and clocks to be exact once again. One of the guys commented that the Mayans only did the catchup based on a frequency that would match up with the movement of the earth. So, tonight at midnight around the world we will effectively have January 1, 2013 (M).

The discussion sounded plausible, but I've not done any research to try to determine why Dec. 21, 2012 was the last date recorded on their calendar. Could it be they just ran out of room on the big rock? Could it be their calculations were that that was the last day of the year 2012 for the catchup of time? Who knows, Tonight at midnight around the world we can either see the end of time or, and most likely we could celebrate the Mayan New Year.

ptlyon 12-21-2012 10:12 AM

The reason the mayan calendar ended on this day is cuz the dude responsible for writing calendars either died or just plain got bored of doing it, and he was too busy writing calendars to birth a son that would take it over.

I think.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9229500)
If it were the end of the world would any of us know it happened? Is today the beginning of the end?

How about, has anyone done any research on the Mayan Calendar? I haven't but I heard a conversation last week regarding the last day of the year according to the Mayans. The conversation regarded our use of Feb. 29 every four years and that the timing was right for "Leap Millennium" a date that would reconcile the calendar and clocks to be exact once again. One of the guys commented that the Mayans only did the catchup based on a frequency that would match up with the movement of the earth. So, tonight at midnight around the world we will effectively have January 1, 2013 (M).

The discussion sounded plausible, but I've not done any research to try to determine why Dec. 21, 2012 was the last date recorded on their calendar. Could it be they just ran out of room on the big rock? Could it be their calculations were that that was the last day of the year 2012 for the catchup of time? Who knows, Tonight at midnight around the world we can either see the end of time or, and most likely we could celebrate the Mayan New Year.

The Mayan calendar has days, months, years, and MILLENIA or "ages" (we have the same but don't necessarily recognize them as "events").

The Mayan calendar effectively ends THIS "age" because the calendar is finite.

Tomorrow is the first day of the NEXT "age". It would have required them to create a calendar for that age, if their civilization would have survived.

Buehler445 12-21-2012 10:55 AM

Yay!

Boobs for everyone!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pbCT_IV5Gt...371mo1_500.jpg

Buehler445 12-21-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9229564)
The Mayan calendar has days, months, years, and MILLENIA or "ages" (we have the same but don't necessarily recognize them as "events").

The Mayan calendar effectively ends THIS "age" because the calendar is finite.

Tomorrow is the first day of the NEXT "age". It would have required them to create a calendar for that age, if their civilization would have survived.

Are there boobs in the next age? If not, I'm going to be pissed.

bevischief 12-21-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 9229343)
Exactly. Who are those guys? They are starting to creep me out.

I know.

DaFace 12-21-2012 10:59 AM

Damn. I didn't make it.

KC_Lee 12-21-2012 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I listened to 2112 by Rush...still here...

Graystoke 12-21-2012 11:04 AM

Whats the History Channel going to have in its lineup now?

KC_Lee 12-21-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9229616)
Whats the History Channel going to have in its lineup now?

More American Swamp Ice Road Pawn Star Picker Ax People Truckers.

Fish 12-21-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

:facepalm:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/795...5506731711.jpg

bevischief 12-21-2012 11:13 AM

So when is the 3 days of darkness suppose to start?

listopencil 12-21-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9229187)
True. But for some reason it was exactly 5:11am CST. And also it's already the 22nd where I am. No fires, No zombies, No sky falling upon us.

Winter Solstice. We did this last year.

htismaqe 12-21-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9229627)

That is both informative and hilarious.

Awesome.

listopencil 12-21-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

The discussion sounded plausible, but I've not done any research to try to determine why Dec. 21, 2012 was the last date recorded on their calendar.

They made a 3,000 year calendar. Three thousand years. Compare that to the calendars we make that last one year. I'd say that their calendar was incredibly successful in comparison. Why did it stop? Because their civilization ended, they aren't around to make another one. Why did it stop today? Because it's the Winter Solstice. Pretty simple.