ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs USA Today: A Season to Forget in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268041)

GoShox 12-26-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9241664)
Best thing that could happen to this franchise whats happening this year. Thank God that we didnt finish the season 9-7 or 10-6. Its a step back before a big leap forward possibly.

I shudder to think what would have happened if the Chiefs had beat the Raiders last year, made the playoffs, and then went on to beat the Steelers to get that elusive playoff win. How long would Pioli be here then?

whoman69 12-26-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

"What you have to do in the Chiefs' situation is you can't force what's not there," says former Redskins and Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly, a television analyst for CBS Sports. "If you have to come back and play with Brady Quinn next year — it appears he's ahead of Cassel right now — you build your team up around him. Maybe you get fortunate enough to draft a quarterback in the third round, fourth round, who's better than you think. And you just go on."
Totally idiotic. You can't go into a season telling your fanbase there is no future. We may not be in the position to get a high draft pick again to choose a QB. We'll probably win 5 games next year and not have a QB in range again. What do you do then?

When the need is that great, you have to force it. At least you're telling your fanbase you're trying. I don't care if the guy we bring in fails. We can do the same thing in three years if that's the case. You can't go into the year with a known fail at QB that only threw 2 touchdowns in 7 starts, 9 games overall. We average just over 10 ten points a game with Quinn under center. You would be lucky to win any games under those circumstances.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-26-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9242006)
Totally idiotic. You can't go into a season telling your fanbase there is no future. We may not be in the position to get a high draft pick again to choose a QB. We'll probably win 5 games next year and not have a QB in range again. What do you do then?

When the need is that great, you have to force it. At least you're telling your fanbase you're trying. I don't care if the guy we bring in fails. We can do the same thing in three years if that's the case. You can't go into the year with a known fail at QB that only threw 2 touchdowns in 7 starts, 9 games overall. We average just over 10 ten points a game with Quinn under center. You would be lucky to win any games under those circumstances.

You can tell a Chiefs fan it's raining as you piss down his leg.

Easy 6 12-26-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9242006)

Everything casserly said is just further evidence that he's a friggin idiot and thats why he's an analyst and no longer a GM.

I havent heard that much stupid from a "pro" in a long time.

The Bad Guy 12-26-2012 03:30 PM

I'll add another name to the "Do Not ****ing Hire for GM" list.

Casserly.

If he's hired, I'm also done with this team.

Holy **** what an awful quote.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9241836)
Casserly has no room to talk. He created a bad situation in Houston. It wasn't until he was gone that the team got better. ALL of his past "success" can be thrown out the window by what transpired under his watch in Houston. He was TOTAL FAIL in picking his HC, QB, and drafting mid round talent.

Yep. Casserly's stint in Houston is about as bad as it can get. He was horrible in just about every decision.

BigMeatballDave 12-26-2012 03:35 PM

JFC that quote makes me want to kick babies.

RealSNR 12-26-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9242078)

Casserly.

Is he even looking for another GM job?

If he is, he should kill himself. What a worthless human being

Coogs 12-26-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9241328)
"I don't know that there's a fundamental problem there," says Bill Polian, a former NFL team executive who is now an analyst for ESPN, "other than the quarterback position."

This is the kind of thinking I can agree with. I would like to know his plan to fix said QB problem.

BigRedChief 12-26-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9242078)

Casserly.

We have had 2 top 5 picks and what do we have to show for it?

I don't give a shit if the top QB should be taken at #3 or #5 to get max draft value. How much draft value have we blown?

I want the best available QB at #1, period, done deal, print em.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-26-2012 07:25 PM

Forget? If we get Chocolate Painii and cleanse the organization, this will be a very fondly remembered Chief season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-27-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9242485)
Forget? If we get Chocolate Painii and cleanse the organization, this will be a very fondly remembered Chief season.

The fact that Peeholi is dead man walking is already putting it in the top 10.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-27-2012 10:08 AM

Hey, I loved the SOC reference in the article.

ToxSocks 12-27-2012 10:35 AM

USA Today has it all wrong.

This is a season to remember. The Chiefs are on the verge of doing something i've never seen them do. Draft a franchise QB.

Dayze 12-27-2012 10:56 AM

wasn't it Casserly who was in charge (Washington?) who didn't do dick with all the picks they got from NO in the Ricky Williams trade?