ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We Finally Have A Head Coach!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268593)

FAX 01-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9293139)
Oh please. That's argument is silly. Vermeil was a great coach, it's a shame about the draft picks and defense. We could have missed with the picks given up for players, it wasn't like a few draft picks is the entire future and is the reason why we are still shitty? That's the reason? c'mon Mr. Fax.

Okay. That was probably a tad overstated, Mr. Bump. I grant you that. However, the grusty grust of my point remains intact and solid as the mighty oak whose roots are sunken deep in the soil of sincerity, whose boughs shoot forth the leaves of truth, and whose clunky bark is impervious to the vile winds of provocation. Vermeil built the All Aged Team and, not long after he retired, we had nothing with which to build on. It was as though dwarves had raided our player pantry.

A solid argument can be made that Vermeil and Carl were, at that point in time, very much in the win-now mode of things. I can understand that, too. Lamar was ill. Nevertheless, we had to basically start from scratch because our player pipeline was drier than Dallas Pioli's cooter.

However, the main point is that Vermeil was never going to be with us long. And since he wasn't particularly interested in building for the long term, he was a kind of "transient" head coach. Hired by Carl to win one for the Gipper, so to speak.

Anyhow, this isn't the time for regrets. It's time to Wally forth, forget, forgive, and show our giant Wallys to the world. My thread thing wasn't intended to bash up on our sad, pitiable, sickening, somewhat disgusting coaching lineage. No indeed. It was to celebrate the fact that we now have an actual true-life, real NFL head coach ... a rarity in my life, at least.

FAX

Dave Lane 01-07-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9292984)
Putting Marty above Andy Reid or Dick Vermeil is pure, 100% hindsight. Marty is SO overvalued.

Psssttt its chronological.

Oh Snap 01-07-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9292763)
I would say 4th.

Stram, Marty, Vermeil, Andy.

I would definitely say Andy is our last real coach since Vermiel. I'm excited because we finally have someone with a track record of being successful in this league. Reid is a proven winner. It feels like we finally have someone who knows what they're doing. That is a huge sigh of relief!

htismaqe 01-07-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9293334)
Psssttt its chronological.

Psssttt it's not obvious.

TEX 01-07-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9293139)
Oh please. That's argument is silly. Vermeil was a great coach, it's a shame about the draft picks and defense. We could have missed with the picks given up for players, it wasn't like a few draft picks is the entire future and is the reason why we are still shitty? That's the reason? c'mon Mr. Fax.

EXACTLY. DV's been gone for 8 seasons. That's more than enough time to rebuild if you know what you're doing.

TEX 01-07-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9292984)
Putting Marty above Andy Reid or Dick Vermeil is pure, 100% hindsight. Marty is SO overvalued.

Chronological order I'm sure.

FAX 01-07-2013 06:56 PM

The NFL Echo is long. For the Chiefs, at least.

Let's see ... since the Uncle Dick era, we replaced running back ... and ... well, that's about it on offense.

The defense is another story entirely. We have a far better defense than we had way back then ... mainly due (oddly enough) to Herm.

To say that we're still not recovering somewhat from those days seems a little myopic to me. Although, I do admit that it doesn't seem as though it should have taken this long to get the offensive line rebuilt.

But, who cares? It's a Wally World!!!!

Go Wally!!!!

FAX

RippedmyFlesh 01-07-2013 07:21 PM

We Finally Have A Head Coach!!!

It is finally setting in.
From Herm's RRPP to Haley sometimes calling plays like he's still buzzed from a concert the night before, to Romeo who made herm look like sean payton...to a coach who's biggest fault is he THROW'S too much???
Yea I'm feeling it Fax.
Go Wally.!!!!!

MahiMike 01-07-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9292763)
I would say 4th.

Stram, Marty, Vermeil, Andy.

This. If Andy's offense is 80% of Vermiel's, I'll be happy. And if his defense is 50% what Marty's/Hank's was, we're golden.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-07-2013 08:51 PM

FAX the wise