ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hunt willing to trade pick per kffl (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268909)

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9320120)
A team traded up for Tannehill. Think about that.

Not to #1

crossbow 01-15-2013 09:22 AM

In the fine tradition of Kansas City Football we picked another lousy year to have a good draft position.

Fat Elvis 01-15-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9320105)
They are stuck at #1.

I think both Arizona and Buffalo might get in a bidding war for our #1 pick.

I also think that KC will ultimately wind up with EJ Manuel as the rookie QB.

Vick will be brought in this year--Reid has a big man crush on him--and next year Josh Freeman will be brought in as a potential QB.

Having Manuel, Vick, and Freeman competing for the starting QB position would not be that bad in my opinion.

We could do a lot worse. Like this past year.

Brock 01-15-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9320134)

For who?

RealSNR 01-15-2013 09:26 AM

Turn your rep on

BossChief 01-15-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9320041)
If there was a QB worth that kind of haul ala RGKnee, don't you think we'd just snatch him up ourselves since we don't have a Sam Bradford?

I agree but it's possible Reid sees something in Geno he doesn't like and feels a guy like Barkley is a better fit. Like I said, I'd rather have the top pick spent on a qb and no messing around, but I'm ok as long as we get a qb.

BossChief 01-15-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9320120)
A team traded up for Tannehill. Think about that.

Huh?

Jayhawk Chief 01-15-2013 09:37 AM

Keep all options open. Good plan.

Fat Elvis 01-15-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9320136)
For who?

Smith.

They are just as desperate for a QB as KC--arguably, AZ more so, that, and Buffalo has openly said they will be looking to draft their franchise QB this year.

Those two teams are pretty panicked about the QB situation. It seems like the new regime in KC isn't nearly as concerned. I mean they know the QB situation is bad, but they don't seem to think that any particular QB (read: Geno) is heads and shoulders above other QBs they can snag later on in the draft.

Personally, I think it sucks, but based on the recent pressers, I'm not getting my hopes up that we will actually use the #1 pick on Geno.

Brock 01-15-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9320161)
Smith.

If Smith is worth getting into a bidding war for, we should just take him. JMO.

candyman 01-15-2013 09:51 AM

Im sure its already been said, but there's no way anyone would give up what they'd have to to move up to #1, there's no player in this draft that's worth it. That being said if someone offered and we could still pick in the top 5 I would be all over that.

kcchiefsus 01-15-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9319979)
Hunt makes all the calls. He's the owner. Dumb post.

On draft day? No, he's not going to make the call. He's not a football guy and he knows that, even with him getting more involved with the franchise he's not going to make a call like that. He isn't Jerry Jones.

kcchiefsus 01-15-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9320161)
Smith.

They are just as desperate for a QB as KC--arguably, AZ more so, that, and Buffalo has openly said they will be looking to draft their franchise QB this year.

Those two teams are pretty panicked about the QB situation. It seems like the new regime in KC isn't nearly as concerned. I mean they know the QB situation is bad, but they don't seem to think that any particular QB (read: Geno) is heads and shoulders above other QBs they can snag later on in the draft.

Personally, I think it sucks, but based on the recent pressers, I'm not getting my hopes up that we will actually use the #1 pick on Geno.

And you know this how? Let me guess, from SPECULATION you read in the media. There is not a single team in the nfl that needs more help at quarterback than the chiefs.

royr17 01-15-2013 09:59 AM

If they dont take Geno, I'd rather have Winson or E.J. Manuel in the 2nd round instead Barkley. Barkley would be the right fit for the west coast offense but i want more than just that.

Thig Lyfe 01-15-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9320134)

I also think that KC will ultimately wind up with EJ Manuel as the rookie QB.

Vick will be brought in this year--Reid has a big man crush on him--and next year Josh Freeman will be brought in as a potential QB.

Having Manuel, Vick, and Freeman competing for the starting QB position would not be that bad in my opinion.

We could do a lot worse. Like this past year.

wat