ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Are you willing to pay for USA products? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269351)

BWillie 01-26-2013 08:20 PM

Absolutely not. Im a big proponent of no minimum wage. I will gladly buy supplies made by sweatshops from china if it is of similar quality

Rasputin 01-26-2013 08:38 PM

I bought an American flag once and later found out it was MADE IN CHINA FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EVERYTHING IS MADE IN CHINA EVERYTHING!

Rasputin 01-26-2013 08:39 PM

They took ur job

Phobia 01-26-2013 08:40 PM

Most your furniture is going to be American made anyway. Shipping bulky furniture is cost prohibitive.

But to answer your question, it depends on the product and dropoff in quality. I buy US manufactured tools because they'll last a lifetime compared to their chinese counterparts. But if we're talking about shoes or clothes, I don't even look at where it's made. I just look for quality materials and stitching.

Titty Meat 01-26-2013 10:07 PM

No

TimeForWasp 01-26-2013 10:43 PM

I buy made in america stickers and put them on everything.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9353342)
LIke what was said up above people talk shit about i immagrants getting jobs, but like my neighbor who is a labor contracter told me, they have to do the job because americans wont do it! Its just not gonna happen.

Because Americans aren't put in a position to have to do those types of jobs(YET) because the FED IS PRINTING MORE $$ than we have ever seen in our nation's history and allowing these lazy ass Americans to literally make 40K a year on average from welfare and also give the illegal aliens welfare as well. Hell, who wouldn't think that was a good gig if you have no character.

As soon as the 'piper has to be paid' (meaning 'the dollar' collapses) then those lazy ass Americans who live off my tax dollar will have to work those jobs they said they will never do and the illegals will realize America is no better than Mexico in due time and go back home.

Psyko Tek 01-27-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9353260)
I bought a new couch today that is high quality and 100% made in the USA. It's a Stickley, if you know the brand. They pay their workers well with full benefits. I could have bought a similar "looking" couch from Nebraska Furniture Mart for about 1/3 the price, but they sell crap.

There's also a clothing store in the KC area that sells jeans that are 100% USA made. The workers who fabricate the jeans from start to finish are well paid with full benefits. A pair costs $200.

Walmart recently said they're moving back to the Made in the USA when possible. That will be a rough road.

The question is: Do you support workers in the USA, or do you take advantage of cheap Asian labor?

If I can get the wages I had in the '00's not a problem
was pullin 25 to 40 per hour depending on the job
we need to get high tech shit back only in country
computer chips are a national security issue not a profit issue

Israel has an intel fab one of the big ones
when the attacked syria
the chips in there anti aircraft guns or radar failed
you all want your defense industry electronics built somewhere else?

you wanna bet the chinese chips do not have a back way in to them

Psyko Tek 01-27-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9353492)
Neither. I, generally, am not a price only buyer. If I can get quality for a better price without too much hassle then that's what I'll do.

Some high end or designer products are still be made in China. For instance Dooney & Bourke purses are made in the US, Mexico, Italy as well as China. I still paid nearly $300 for mine on sale.

$300 dollars for a purse?
and it was a bargain?
**** that is my monthly food budget

got a pic?

Chief Roundup 01-27-2013 12:37 AM

I try to buy the best that I can afford. But of course I would rather pay a little more for American made products than foriegn products all other things being equal.

Demonpenz 01-27-2013 02:15 AM

i bought my van a chebby big mistake. I am a honda accord man now.

BucEyedPea 01-27-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9354433)
$300 dollars for a purse?
and it was a bargain?
**** that is my monthly food budget

got a pic?

They're weather resistant leather. I need that here. I LOVE it! But it was a gift from my keeper for
Christmas. ( I want another one for summer too.)

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCt...?section=59892

I want another in a different color. Have my eye on this one for $475. Have to wait for a sale though.
http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCt...?section=55848

johnny961 01-27-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9354455)
I try to buy the best that I can afford. But of course I would rather pay a little more for American made products than foriegn products all other things being equal.

This. If an item is available that is made in the USA that is somewhat higher I will generally pay the extra. I have a decent job and I always try to support our own when possible.

KCUnited 01-27-2013 09:35 AM

I like to buy foreign goods from local mom and pop shops.

Deberg_1990 01-27-2013 11:03 AM

Love me sum Japanese car and electronics!