ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The KANSAS CITY CHIEFS are on the clock! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269682)

RealSNR 02-05-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9379403)
If we trade down to #8 or so would we still lose out on Tyler Wilson ????

Yes.

Enough with the trade down talk. It's not going to happen. We need the best QB in the draft far more than we need the extra draft picks.

Nightfyre 02-05-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379474)
Yes.

Enough with the trade down talk. It's not going to happen. We need the best QB in the draft far more than we need the extra draft picks.

SNR hits the nail on the head, as usual.

Dave Lane 02-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379474)
Yes.

I don't get it. We have the 1st overall pick for the first time in history and everyone wants to trade it. WTF! Time to trade down is when you are sitting at 17 and trade down to 22. The cherries are picked over a few spots usually doesn't matter here.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-05-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9379684)
I don't get it. We have the 1st overall pick for the first time in history and everyone wants to trade it. WTF! Time to trade down is when you are sitting at 17 and trade down to 22. The cherries are picked over a few spots usually doesn't matter here.

But what if Reid and Dorsey have done their evaluations and feel they have a 99% of getting their target player a few spots down. They could easily pick up another 1st next year as well as a 2nd and 3rd this year. Would the fan base not be fired up in that case ??

We could stock pile 1st round picks waiting for Johnny Football.

Easy 6 02-05-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9379352)
All we have to do is put Alex Smith in the weight room to get his arm strength up and we have our QBOTF!!!

LMAO

ToxSocks 02-05-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9379684)

But what about the VALUE Dave Lane, THE VALUE?!?!?!

RealSNR 02-05-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9379848)
But what if Reid and Dorsey have done their evaluations and feel they have a 99% of getting their target player a few spots down. They could easily pick up another 1st next year as well as a 2nd and 3rd this year. Would the fan base not be fired up in that case ??

1. **** Johnny Football. He sucks.

2. NOTHING in the NFL draft should make you 99% confident, especially when it comes to projecting where top QBs will fall. If you're not taking a QB at your pick, there is nothing that people can point to that would predict with any kind of accuracy where he'll fall. Teams want QBs, and they WILL trade up to get their guy.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-05-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9380014)
1. **** Johnny Football. He sucks.

2. NOTHING in the NFL draft should make you 99% confident, especially when it comes to projecting where top QBs will fall. If you're not taking a QB at your pick, there is nothing that people can point to that would predict with any kind of accuracy where he'll fall. Teams want QBs, and they WILL trade up to get their guy.

What do you mean Johnny Football sucks ! You ever seen a white guy run like that ??????

patteeu 02-05-2013 02:59 PM

My goal would be to lock up Albert and either franchise or sign Bowe and take a QB. If we can't lock up Albert (or don't believe we can do it if we franchise him), I'll take Joeckel and get my QB some other way.

ChiefAshhole20 02-05-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9380334)
What do you mean Johnny Football sucks ! You ever seen a white guy run like that ??????

Thiggy...

ToxSocks 02-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9380340)
My goal would be to lock up Albert and either franchise or sign Bowe and take a QB. If we can't lock up Albert (or don't believe we can do it if we franchise him), I'll take Joeckel and get my QB some other way.

"some other way"

That's awesome.

Coogs 02-05-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9379848)

I've posted this before, but when the wash all shakes out, do you think the Rams will be a better team with all thier draft picks and Bradford? Or would they be better off with RGIII?

And what about the Browns? Julio Jones? Or all their draft picks?

You can make a pretty good case for both the Rams and Browns being better off staying put and taking RGIII and Jones.

Reerun_KC 02-05-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9377961)
As of today, we are on the clock.

Even now well be fore the combine, I still say Geno. Who u got?

Well if any franchise can facepalm and screw up the #1 over all pick...

Well you couldnt find a better franchise full of more fail than the Chiefs...

mcaj22 02-05-2013 03:32 PM

people sometimes forget that it takes TWO to tango for a trade up or down

what ****ing piece of shit player would a team even want to trade up for at #1 in the first place and give up that much of a ransom?

Luke Joeckel? LOL. And there are no Andrew Lucks or RGIIIs in the draft, so theres no trade up value even in place for the Chiefs to trade down with someone

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9380420)
people sometimes forget that it takes TWO to tango for a trade up or down

what ****ing piece of shit player would a team even want to trade up for at #1 in the first place and give up that much of a ransom?

Luke Joeckel? LOL. And there are no Andrew Lucks or RGIIIs in the draft, so theres no trade up value even in place for the Chiefs to trade down with someone

Exactly. There is no clear cut number one guy no one wants to lose picks choosing the wrong guy.