ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Parental Advice- Re: Xbox 360 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269693)

HoneyBadger 02-04-2013 07:19 PM

I'm going to have to see this gold necklace first.

durtyrute 02-04-2013 07:19 PM

He's just trying to get your attention. He feels neglected. Spend some time with him and it might stop, but really, sell me the xbox first.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 07:21 PM

Some pretty good advice in here, fortunately My son knows better so I don't think I have to worry about this at least until he has a chance to run around with the wrong group of morons in High school in a few years.

Frazod 02-04-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9378666)
He's just trying to get your attention. He feels neglected. Spend some time with him and it might stop, but really, sell me the xbox first.

There may be something to this. I know TW's been traveling quite a bit lately.

TribalElder 02-04-2013 07:26 PM

Sell it. Then next Xmas get the new one either ps4 or new Xbox

Dante84 02-04-2013 07:28 PM

"It was Aliens"

- Little dub

okcchief 02-04-2013 07:30 PM

Caught stealing 3 times demands some serious action. It maybe hard for you now, but it will keep him from much more serious trouble later. Sell the Xbox at minimum. Have him do some volunteer work on the weekends to show what people do for the things he just takes.

|Zach| 02-04-2013 07:34 PM

Not a parent but the xbox seems to be too big a part of the equation.

I guess it is a great idea if you adequately connect the loss of the xbox to his actions but it seems that would take a lot of reinforcement of that message.

The "shit i cant play all these games" and thoughts like that would be taking up so much space when the "why" he can't play them is the most important.

Again. Not a parent so I dont pretend to know WTF I am talking about here.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9378668)
Some pretty good advice in here, fortunately My son knows better so I don't think I have to worry about this at least until he has a chance to run around with the wrong group of morons in High school in a few years.

Man I talk my son up so what does he do? He lied about his homework being done, no Computer/PS3/WII for a week and a couple of lashes. :(

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2013 07:47 PM

When I was a kid around his age I did something similar. My folks made me take the item to their door and tell them what I had done and apologize. It was so humiliating I never considered doing anything like that again.

teedubya 02-04-2013 08:20 PM

My son and I went to this kid's house tonight and my son chatted with him and his dad and returned the game.

Apparently, the kid said he could borrow the game a couple of weeks ago... but he didn't borrow it then. And my son took that as an open invitation to take it the last time he was over there.

That would have been fine, except he told me the lie about his friend "giving" him his "extra" copy and had every intention of keeping it.

So... I've currently locked the XBOX down with permissions... and my seven year old loves playing Minecraft in offline creative mode... so, I think the idea of it being here as a reminder to him. Perhaps.

All of his game play and friends have been deleted. I may let him earn it back at a later date... but as it is, he is grounded from all technology for 3 months. He will be doing lots of reading... and we will be spending more time outdoors.

Thanks for the all of the thought-provoking comments, folks. I appreciate it.

Frazod 02-04-2013 08:22 PM

NEEDS MORE VIOLENCE :$2500:

:evil:

teedubya 02-04-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9378787)
NEEDS MORE VIOLENCE :$2500:

:evil:

He also got a nice ass whooping. But the pain of that XBOX being inaccessible will bring him a reminder... and I may still sell it. I need more time to think about it.

Pin Head 02-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9378798)
He also got a nice ass whooping. But the pain of that XBOX being inaccessible will bring him a reminder... and I may still sell it. I need more time to think about it.

It could also be that you're just a shitty father and your son is mirroring that as a result?

Rasputin 02-04-2013 08:35 PM

1) Sell the kid to Gypsies

2) Keep the xbox 360 for yourself

3) Profit