ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid discusses Casshole, Stanzi, and more (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269815)

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-08-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9386549)
It would be kinda fun to make Matt eat shit on the bench for a whole year.

I could dig that.

With our luck the other two QB's would get injured in game one.

Sorter 02-08-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9386772)
and with the 2 worst in the league playing in front of him......that would tell me all I need to know about Stanzi.....he is gone

See, most of me feels that way. Then the other part of me goes "Hey, remember who was running this ****ing franchise?" So, while I don't have high hopes for Stanzi I do think he should have been evaluated last year/gotten some playing time.

BossChief 02-08-2013 08:48 AM

2 things I got from that:

Albert isnt going anywhere
Stanzi will be given a shot to earn the long term backup roll.

nychief 02-08-2013 08:53 AM

Reid has made chicken salad out of chicken shit with Feely, Kolb, Detmer, Kafka and others... he might be able to get something out of Stanzi City.

Sorter 02-08-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9386874)
Reid has made chicken salad out of chicken shit with Feely, Kolb, Detmer, Kafka and others... he might be able to get something out of Stanzi City.

It'd be ****ing sweet if he could somehow turn into a competent backup or if we could somehow flip him for a 3rd in two years or something.

KC_Lee 02-08-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9386879)
It'd be ****ing sweet if he could somehow turn into a competent backup or if we could somehow flip him for a 3rd in two years or something.

Perfect scenario; we develop into something that appears to be a quality backup and trade him to NE for 2nd round pick.

Sorter 02-08-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9386884)
Perfect scenario; we develop into something that appears to be a quality backup and trade him to NE for 2nd round pick.

Only for them to believe Stanzi is quality and he busts worse than Cassel. They need to suffer for that once Tom leaves NE.

Dayze 02-08-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9386803)
"Matt's a good football player."

Andy's nice guy translation: "He sucks ass."

pretty much ROFL

loochy 02-08-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9386868)
2 things I got from that:

Albert isnt going anywhere
Stanzi will be given a shot to earn the long term backup roll.

Why does stanzi deserve this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ukUHSUVHZvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 02-08-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9386655)
Check out Reid's interview with Dave Stewart here:

http://youtu.be/Stkgbv9v25Q

Good stuff. Specifically about the QB, he says that his QB must be an extension of him on the field, and that the QB must be able to elevate the game of those around him. He is also specifically asked about whether he believes that he can succeed with a "game manager" at QB and Reid insists that the QB has to be good enough to go win games for you and to raise the level of play around him.

Basically, it's a long way of saying adios Matt Cassel...

Exactly, he knows matty cant execute his style of offense, he's just beating around the bush trying to be a nice guy... delaying the inevitable.

Dayze 02-08-2013 10:01 AM

NIce summary DaWolf for those of us with no sound.

I'm stoked about Reid being here. he seems to 'get it' that you need a GD QB. I think Todd 'got it' too, but was hamstrung by the gestapo.

Based on Reid's comments, there's no way Cassel is still on the team; much less will ever be on the field again.

Fat Elvis 02-08-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9386721)
This trade down talk they keep saying is worrying. It's almost like they are trying to let people know that they do want to trade out of the 1st overall pick.

I'm not worried about that at all. At this point you really have to say that because some team might offer up some insane package to move up to #1 for whatever reason and you would be a fool to refuse it.

I think Andy spent more time in the interview intimating that the Chiefs were looking at taking a QB with the first pick without simply coming out and saying: "With the first pick of the draft we will select this particular QB." Watch 3:56 to about 6:52 in that video and then tell me that they aren't going to target a QB with the first pick. They are wanting to make sure they get the right QB with that pick.

If Geno was smart, he would watch that video and parrot every single word in that interview back to Reid when he is evaluated by the team.

Maybe one of you guys can tweet it to him, lol.

Beef Supreme 02-08-2013 10:10 AM

"I'm just going to let that play out."

Sounds like Bob Slydell in Office Space. "We fixed the glitch. So, he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally."

WV 02-08-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9386803)
"Matt's a good futbol player."

Andy's nice guy translation: "He sucks ass."

FYP....I think he meant this.

boogblaster 02-08-2013 11:31 AM

bye bye casshole and quinless .. keep the kid he might be a decent bakup sumday .....