ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what would you feel is fair value for our pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270263)

Frankie 02-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424801)
This.

The value chart should be the FLOOR.

We should be happy to get "the floor" if we want to trade down. There's not a superstar at the top of the draft that we wouldn't want only because we are loaded at his position. Somebody we don't want would have to be a shooting star out of the combine for us to get fair value out of a trade down.

That's why I wish Jadeveon Clowny was in this draft. Next year's top pick holder will be very lucky. They will either need him badly or will have another team in love with him who will trade for him an arm and a leg. As gods of football always plan for us, we are just sandwiched between two years like that with good talent at the top in quantity but not necessarily quality. Last year, with our 11th pick we would have most likely picked the guy we will be picking at the top this year. It feels like shit. :(

Frankie 02-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424976)
Did you hear Reid say that he PASSED on Dick Butkus' offer to trade up?

Dick Butkus?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425126)
We should be happy to get "the floor" if we want to trade down. There's not a superstar at the top of the draft that we wouldn't want only because we are loaded at his position. Somebody we don't want would have to be a shooting star out of the combine for us to get fair value out of a trade down.

That's why I wish Jadeveon Clowny was in this draft. Next year's top pick holder will be very lucky. They will either need him badly or will have another team in love with him who will trade for him an arm and a leg. As gods of football always plan for us, we are just sandwiched between two years like that with good talent at the top in quantity but not necessarily quality. Last year, with our 11th pick we would have most likely picked the guy we will be picking at the top this year. It feels like shit. :(

Why?

If we get our guy, why does it matter if you had to spend the #1 for him or the #11 for him?

Frankie 02-22-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425144)
Why?

If we get our guy, why does it matter if you had to spend the #1 for him or the #11 for him?

I was just making a comparison between the quality of this draft vs. last year's. I was lamenting the fact that, as we have come to expect, the Chiefs just HAD to have the top pick when a half a dozen prospects rate about the same in quality, depriving us from the opportunity to land a bona fide star or a chance to make a killing in a trade down.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425229)
I was just making a comparison between the quality of this draft vs. last year's. I was lamenting the fact that, as we have come to expect, the Chiefs just HAD to have the top pick when a half a dozen prospects rate about the same in quality, depriving us from the opportunity to land a bona fide star or a chance to make a killing in a trade down.

Once this weekend is over, we'll start to hear about a couple of guys being bona fide stars.

This is all overblown.

ct 02-22-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425316)
Once this weekend is over, we'll start to hear about a couple of guys being bona fide stars.

This is all overblown.

totally agree

Frankie 02-22-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425316)

This is all overblown.

I hope so. I don't want us ever again to be so bad as to having the top pick. But now that we do, I want someone who'll be as future Haller. I just see a lot of solid players there but none that answers that description. So far anyway.

O.city 02-22-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425344)
I hope so. I don't want us ever again to be so bad as to having the top pick. But now that we do, I want someone who'll be as future Haller. I just see a lot of solid players there but none that answers that description. So far anyway.

You do realize that that happens about 1 every 20 years?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9425344)

Dude, how many years did it take for DT to get into the Hall?

Set your expectations a little more realistically.

Frankie 02-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9425347)
You do realize that that happens about 1 every 20 years?

It happens more frequently than that, but I'm a Chiefs homer.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-22-2013 12:17 PM

Your spot in any future CP mock drafts