ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sportsfan - The Alex Smith Story (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270634)

Hammock Parties 03-02-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9457554)
I'm sure Clay could put together a video to make the "truefans" believe in Cassel again. Probably wouldnt be 26 minutes, but it could be done.

No, because he stopped winning the last two years. Completely. There is no redemption for him. No life in the void.

The only reason that video was made was because Alex Smith won some games and had one shining moment in a divisional playoff game.

Cassel's shining moment the last two years was a glorious comeback against the 2-14 Indianapolis Colts.

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457560)
No, because he stopped winning the last two years. Completely. There is no redemption for him. No life in the void.

The only reason that video was made was because Alex Smith won some games and had one shining moment in a divisional playoff game.

Cassel's shining moment the last two years was a glorious comeback against the 2-14 Indianapolis Colts.

Don't forget that badass first down on the road against the Seahawks where he ran away from a defender and threw to bowe.

Edit: you said last two years, my bad

HolyHat 03-02-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9457560)

That's enough to convince the truefans. WHIP IT UP!!!!

HolyHat 03-02-2013 03:46 PM

I think "The Alex Smith Story" is a story best told in rewind...

crossbow 03-02-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9456213)
I still can't/can still believe this new regime did this. I mean wow, talk about a buzz kill move out of the gate. I have never been this not excited for my Chiefs, even during the offseasons (and seasons) knowing Cassel was still the guy. I just expected more from this regime. I expected new. But instead, it's the same old tired Chiefs shit.

This sums it all up nicely. The big money these guys get and the big superstar reputation they have, made us expect some creative problem solving from them. Instead we end up exactly where we would be if Pioli was still here.

RealSNR 03-02-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe (Post 9457510)
if you guys havent watched this (despite how you may feel about Alex Smith) you need to see it...very cool video

Then why are you guys getting rid of him if he's so damn wonderful? Why not keep him?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-02-2013 04:32 PM

True Fan: The Alex Smith Demographic.

Frosty 03-02-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9456681)
I really think after watching his film in SF that we need to get better at TE if Smith is going to have any success here. Vernon Davis was big for him. I'm not sure Moeaki is going to be the answer...

Yeah. I wanted to draft a speed receiver this year but now I think it would be a wasted pick. Baldwin and Wylie can be the deep decoys that Smith never throws to.

If they can somehow trade down a couple of times to around #15, I think Tyler Eifert would be the best possible pick to help this offense. They will also need another running back to keep from killing Charles.

SAUTO 03-02-2013 05:15 PM

I will say that the pass young completes early in that video to T.O. looked a lot like the one Geno threw out of the endzone against Oklahoma
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya 03-02-2013 10:13 PM

But, we finally got our #1 overall QB guys!!

Guys?

Guys?

*crickets

RealSNR 03-02-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9458895)
But, we finally got our #1 overall QB guys!!

Guys?

Guys?

*crickets

"These fans didn't think 1st round QB Brady Quinn was enough, eh? Well, we'll show them! How about NUMBER ONE OVERALL QB Alex Smith? That'll shut them up!"

teedubya 03-02-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9459060)
"These fans didn't think 1st round QB Brady Quinn was enough, eh? Well, we'll show them! How about NUMBER ONE OVERALL QB Alex Smith? That'll shut them up!"

Fire Peeholi - #1 Overall QB - SaveOurChiefs