ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Franchise tag deadline is tomorrow at 3pm. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270673)

Bowser 03-03-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9460736)
It's an incredibly strong LT class at the top, so even if we do think the LT is the way to go, if we don't trade down to get ours, this front office is staggeringly inept.

I'm getting the feeling that they have tunnel vision, like they made their assesments of the team in their first seven to ten days, made a plan to get their guys, and come hell or high water that's the route they're going to go.

Coogs 03-03-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9460733)
Fisher was in the MAC & Joekel was in the SEC.

Mayock said Joeckel had some trouble with the inside speed moves on several of the tapes he watched. Said Johnny Football saved him on nearly every occasion.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9460733)
Fisher was in the MAC & Joekel was in the SEC.

I get your point BUT Mayock did say as gifted as Joekel was in college he lost a lot of battles against the elite athletic pass rushers of the upper eshalond of the SEC. Just saying.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9460753)
Mayock said Joeckel had some trouble with the inside speed moves on several of the tapes he watched. Said Johnny Football saved him on nearly every occasion.

You saw that same clip I see.

Coogs 03-03-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9460773)
You saw that same clip I see.

Yep.

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9460693)
I'll be right withcha! :grouphug:

Dumb****ing ****

Red Dawg 03-03-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9460752)
I'm getting the feeling that they have tunnel vision, like they made their assesments of the team in their first seven to ten days, made a plan to get their guys, and come hell or high water that's the route they're going to go.

I am beginning to think they want Albert to play guard and give him guard money and he won't sign. Bowe will get the tag.

lewdog 03-03-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9460798)
Dumb****ing ****

:clap::thumb:

DJ's left nut 03-03-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9460745)
I agree with you up until that last statement.

You can't blame teams for not wanting to give up even a light ransom to trade up to the #1 pick.

I don't care if it's the Cardinals giving us a 3rd - take it.

They've already gutted their leverage (again) but using a 2nd rounder to pick up a mediocre QB (again) and totally depriving them of the chance to truly make a QB bluff (again). So you're right - they're not going to extract a large price from anyone.

But I don't care the cost, there is no difference in value between Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson in the long-term and if they're hell-bent on taking a tackle, then it's time to do your job and start milking other GMs to convince them that someone like Sharrif Floyd, Dee Milliner or yes, the same Geno Smith who they've effectively sabotaged, DO have surplus value.

It's the same place that Scott Pioli found himself and we immediately saw how incapable Pioli was of operating without loaded dice. Well, John and Andy, it's time to prove you can actually adapt to tough circumstances.

nychief 03-03-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9461244)
I don't care if it's the Cardinals giving us a 3rd - take it.

They've already gutted their leverage (again) but using a 2nd rounder to pick up a mediocre QB (again) and totally depriving them of the chance to truly make a QB bluff (again). So you're right - they're not going to extract a large price from anyone.

But I don't care the cost, there is no difference in value between Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson in the long-term and if they're hell-bent on taking a tackle, then it's time to do your job and start milking other GMs to convince them that someone like Sharrif Floyd, Dee Milliner or yes, the same Geno Smith who they've effectively sabotaged, DO have surplus value.

It's the same place that Scott ***** found himself and we immediately saw how incapable ***** was of operating without loaded dice. Well, John and Andy, it's time to prove you can actually adapt to tough circumstances.

I think the leverage was blown when everybody looked at the QB class.

threebag 03-03-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9461249)
I think the leverage was blown when everybody looked at the QB class.

This shit right here

Hootie 03-03-2013 06:49 PM

I agree...we need to take the best offer to move down even if it's a shitty offer compared to years past

ChiefsCountry 03-03-2013 06:51 PM

Anybody in the top 10 and their pick plus their second rounder should net the #1 pick IMO.

Masterchief 03-03-2013 06:54 PM

They will pobably sign bowe for sure but lets hope they sign albert...screw joeckle at number 1

patteeu 03-03-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9459985)
They need both of these guys back. Didn't Albert at one point say he wasn't looking to break the bank in KC, but just wanted to stay? I don't get it....

He also said he's looking for respect. I think that translates directly into re$pect.