ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Prince is a Dick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270719)

Easy 6 03-05-2013 01:59 PM

Jimi Hendrix and Little Richards fling produced a mean spirited little baby.

Frazod 03-05-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9467358)
He's sold over 100 million records and has written countless hit songs for a shit ton of artists.

I've never owned any of his music and I'm not a "fan", per se, but there's no denying the guy's ridiculously talented and a prolific songwriter.

I saw him close the show at a VH1 Honor's concert at the Gibson Amphitheater a few years back and he freaking blew me away.

I really liked Purple Rain. I even liked the movie. Just nothing since.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9467410)
I really liked Purple Rain. I even liked the movie. Just nothing since.

Yeah, it's weird: I never really got into Prince. I've always thought the guy was a sick talent, yet it didn't speak to me. And this is not to be an insult at all, but I was mainly introduced to Prince by chicks that loved him and his music (not to say he writes chick music). I dated this girl in 1984 that loved the song Darling Nikki. And yes, she was a freak. :D

Off topic, have you seen the 3.5 hour documentary currently airing about the Eagles? I DVR'd an upcoming viewing last night but I can't remember which channel it's airing (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, etc.). I'm really anxious to see if it's "nice" or if they don't pull any punches.

I'm hoping it's the latter. :evil:

Archie F. Swin 03-05-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9466779)
He is not relevant musically anymore

like him or not, he will be musically relevant until the end of time.

KCFANinNC 03-05-2013 04:08 PM

Cousin paid huge bucks for the VIP backstage passes.

Prince only sang a few songs due to his new religion, and used a look a like for pictures.

They were beyond disappointed to say the least.

WV 03-06-2013 09:21 AM

You can't touch Prince. Alien midgets are protected as endangered species.

Seriously though....that weirdo has pulled some ridiculous tail.

WV 03-06-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9467464)
Yeah, it's weird: I never really got into Prince. I've always thought the guy was a sick talent, yet it didn't speak to me. And this is not to be an insult at all, but I was mainly introduced to Prince by chicks that loved him and his music (not to say he writes chick music). I dated this girl in 1984 that loved the song Darling Nikki. And yes, she was a freak. :D

Off topic, have you seen the 3.5 hour documentary currently airing about the Eagles? I DVR'd an upcoming viewing last night but I can't remember which channel it's airing (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, etc.). I'm really anxious to see if it's "nice" or if they don't pull any punches.

I watched a good portion of it and I thought they did a good job of bridging that gap.

Art Vader 03-06-2013 09:49 AM

Prince is a beast! A weird little guitar playing slut moistening beast. Too bad about the guy's guitar, but If I ever busted out a solo like this I'd probably throw that shit too! (he throws here too but I think somebody catches it)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6SFNW5F8K9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he could be broke but I doubt it!... You'd think he has a thousand guitars, why borrow somebody elses.. unless he intentionally set out to **** it up, which is a dick move.

InChiefsHeaven 03-06-2013 09:59 AM

Prince is the shit. Too bad he's an asshole...but it's not a shock.

Frazod 03-06-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9467464)

Oddly enough, Purple Rain does remind me of a certain girl from my high school days. Probably wouldn't like it as much as I do if not for the sentimental issue. And Apollonia's rack, of course. :drool:

Have not seen the Eagles thing. It's on Showtime, which I don't get. Oh well.

morphius 03-06-2013 10:25 AM

From what Kevin Smith said about him, the dude just lives in his own little world. "Sorry Prince, we can't get a giraffe in MN this time of night" (paraphrased)...

Frazod 03-06-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9470233)
From what Kevin Smith said about him, the dude just lives in his own little world. "Sorry Prince, we can't get a giraffe in MN this time of night" (paraphrased)...

He does scream out Little Man Attitude Problem.

Iowanian 03-06-2013 11:02 AM

It would have been awesome if the owner had sang "this is what it sounds like, when doves cry"....as he beat him to death with the neck of his broken guitar.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9470201)
Have not seen the Eagles thing. It's on Showtime, which I don't get. Oh well.

I think Showtime has the exclusive, then it'll be on other channels, Red Box, etc. I watched the first two hours last night and it was very entertaining, especially since they had a film crew following them in the 70's. It wasn't just a retrospective, it was actual footage of them. It's cool.

gblowfish 03-06-2013 02:16 PM

I saw the Eagles special. Frye and Henley have a "who can be the biggest prick diva" contest for several years. Then they all reunite to go on a "show me the money" tour.

Mojo Nixon was right. Don Henley must die.