ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs can rescind the tag on Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270747)

The Franchise 03-05-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9466939)
If the Chiefs take an offensive lineman at 1.1, it's not likely that he'd sit. Both he and Albert would play unless he's a huge disappointment.

They're not moving Albert to guard. That would cause him to hold out.

If they draft a LT at 1.1 and move him to RT......you moved a top 10 RT to guard.....which is reeruned.

Drafting a LT at 1.1 and moving him to OG is beyond reeruned.

patteeu 03-05-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9466784)
It's the exceptional depth at OT that has pushed teams over the top to win the Super Bowl.

I mean who can forget the dazzling performance of the depth charts of recent Super Bowl winners?!? I know I for one will be telling my grandchildren of the nearly transcendental performance of Baltimore's depth chart last year in the Super Bowl.

All four of the starting offensive tackles in the super bowl were first round picks. Even one of the starting guards was a first round pick.

patteeu 03-05-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9466962)
They're not moving Albert to guard. That would cause him to hold out.

If they draft a LT at 1.1 and move him to RT......you moved a top 10 RT to guard.....which is reeruned.

Drafting a LT at 1.1 and moving him to OG is beyond reeruned.

I don't think Albert would be the one moved to guard, but any of the three options is possible and none of them are reeruned if they make your team significantly better.

bowener 03-05-2013 11:49 AM

I'm starting to believe my own made up reason for the Alex Smith trade. That we traded for him because he was such a good teammate and sat quietly once he was passed over for Kap. It is well known now that he helped Kap as much as he could. Chiefs needed a backup and a vet, especially a vet willing to ride the pine when asked, and to help tutor the young guys. I know it won't happen, but I am still pulling for Geno at #1. If he falters or gets injured, AS is there for a few games to hold the course.

mr. tegu 03-05-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9466981)
I don't think Albert would be the one moved to guard, but any of the three options is possible and none of them are reeruned if they make your team significantly better.

None of those scenarios make the team signicantly better. Chiefs QBs were sacked 40 times, 11th worst in the league, but we know a lot of that has to do with the horrible QBs themselves and the fact that we played from behind so much.

We were 5th in the league in rushing yards. Our o-line is fine and basically nothing can be done with it to make it significantly better than it was last season and as it sits right now.

Fish 03-05-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9466970)
All four of the starting offensive tackles in the super bowl were first round picks. Even one of the starting guards was a first round pick.

Albert was #15 overall in the first round. Eric Winston was #66 overall, high in the third.

We're fine......

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9467007)
None of those scenarios make the team signicantly better. Chiefs QBs were sacked 40 times, 11th worst in the league, but we know a lot of that has to do with the horrible QBs themselves and the fact that we played from behind so much.

We were 5th in the league in rushing yards. Our o-line is fine and basically nothing can be done with it to make it significantly better than it was last season and as it sits right now.

I don't accept your evaluation. Replacing the worst member of the line with a guy talented enough to be considered for the 1.1 pick is going to make the line better. More importantly, it's likely to make the line better over the next several years, not just in year one.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9466939)
If the Chiefs take an offensive lineman at 1.1, it's not likely that he'd sit. Both he and Albert would play unless he's a huge disappointment.

That would be an absolutely awful wastes of resources. We'd have spent the following picks on the O-line....

Round Pos

1 LT
1 LT
2 LG
2 C
3 RG
3 LT

Along with big FA bucks on a RT.

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9467011)
Albert was #15 overall in the first round. Eric Winston was #66 overall, high in the third.

We're fine......

We could be better. The only question is whether or not it's worth the sacrifice. I understand that you don't think so.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9466970)

What about the previous 10 years?

mr. tegu 03-05-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467021)
I don't accept your evaluation. Replacing the worst member of the line with a guy talented enough to be considered for the 1.1 pick is going to make the line better. More importantly, it's likely to make the line better over the next several years, not just in year one.

Would it make it better? Sure. Significantly better? No. A waste of a pick? Absolutely.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9467021)

No it's not....because you don't know if a player like Joeckel can realistically make the switch to OG.

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9467025)
That would be an absolutely awful wastes of resources. We'd have spent the following picks on the O-line....

Round Pos

1 LT
1 LT
2 LG
2 C
3 RG
3 LT

Along with big FA bucks on a RT.

Past picks are sunk costs. They shouldn't affect future decisions except to the extent that they may still have lingering effects on cash and cap salary.

patteeu 03-05-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9467032)
No it's not....because you don't know if a player like Joeckel can realistically make the switch to OG.

This is still a low football IQ take.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:06 PM

Anyone that reads post 53 and still wants an OL early in this draft cannot be helped.