ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Texas A&M Pro Day Today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270884)

htismaqe 03-08-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9476697)
You make me sound well-adjusted parker.

I've gone off the deep end.

I wasn't able to sever ties with the team and be indifferent. The more I thought about the Alex Smyth trade, in the context of all the other disappointing moves they've made over the years, the more it pissed me off.

I wasted 30 years hoping for a Super Bowl berth from a team that obviously doesn't even want to make it to the Super Bowl.

Maybe Frazod's right - maybe the NFL is rigged. If so, there's zero reason to root for the Chiefs because they'll never be allowed to win.

But it's a special kind of special for fellow "fans" to ridicule me, and others, because we're tired of rooting for the red-headed stepchild of the NFL.

****ing sheep.

BossChief 03-08-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476693)
They aren't going to get to see it more often. Alex Smyth IS the Chiefs. And when he's done in 5 years, they'll get another retread.

The Chiefs perform a necessary function in the NFL.

Just Wait till Alex Cassel gets his big extension and we get to read how much the fanbase loves the "sign of strength" the move suggests.

Even if Alex Cassel were to average his best season of his career, he wasnt worth trading for.

Rausch 03-08-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9476708)
That's actually how i see it, too. I think trading for Smith limited their draft day trade options, because teams know they aren't going QB. Which, I think, in turn means the pick up for grabs is actually the one behind us. Teams just need to jump ahead of Oakland.

I wouldn't go there either.

Teams know the KC fanbase WANTS that 1st round QB.

Hell, LUSTS after having a 1st round QB.

And with the place-holder QB there now is the perfect guy to draft one.

I think we will, but I think we want to trade down, grab a 2nd round pick, and try to take the best of what's left there...

htismaqe 03-08-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9476714)
Just Wait till Alex Cassel gets his big extension and we get to read how much the fanbase loves the "sign of strength" the move suggests.

Even if Alex Cassel were to average his best season of his career, he wasnt worth trading for.

The good news, at least for me, is that it isn't my team making such colossally stupid moves.

Rausch 03-08-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476711)
I've gone off the deep end.

I wasn't able to sever ties with the team and be indifferent. The more I thought about the Alex Smyth trade, in the context of all the other disappointing moves they've made over the years, the more it pissed me off.

I wasted 30 years hoping for a Super Bowl berth from a team that obviously doesn't even want to make it to the Super Bowl.

You're not alone.

It's why I've cancelled my V-days I put in 6 months in advance.

keg in kc 03-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9476720)

I think we will, but I think we want to trade down, grab a 2nd round pick, and try to take the best of what's left there...

I think there's about 0.0000000002% chance they draft a QB in the first round. Alex Smith is the guy now.

mr. tegu 03-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476723)
The good news, at least for me, is that it isn't my team making such colossally stupid moves.

A relationship is like a vending machine. You can't knock it over in one push. You have to rock it back and forth a little bit and then it tips over.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9476458)
Chase Daniel is a FA

And an improvement over ALL current garbages, bar none.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 03-08-2013 10:27 AM

What would be bigger news is how many of Chiefs & if Andy Reid and Dorsey show up to Geno Smith proday.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9476730)
I think there's about 0.0000000002% chance they draft a QB in the first round. Alex Smith is the guy now.

We are so blessed.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 03-08-2013 10:28 AM

Watch this be a new policy, where they just don't show up to anybody's pro day.

Or Joeckel's really their guy, but they thought it was tomorrow.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9476740)
What would be bigger news is how many of Chiefs & if Andy Reid and Dorsey show up to Geno Smith proday.

I will be a full-raging Boner Of Doom should that occur.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown 03-08-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476671)
Nope.

When it comes to NFL football, the only thing I hate worse than the Kansas City Chiefs is their vast quantities of clueless fan-sheep.

Yes, because other Successful NFL Teams fans are so intellectually fine tuned........

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...535224-000.jpg

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-08-2013 10:38 AM

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler

Rumor is that the #Chiefs have a private workout scheduled with Luke Joeckel for March 22. Will try and confirm.

Chief Roundup 03-08-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9476720)

That still wouldn't be a first round QB.