ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft S Matt Elam to work out for KC today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271435)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9529825)
Need pass rushers too. The post-knee- injury- Berry BLOWS and is overrated. No big deal if he leaves. It was an absolute joke that he made the Pro Bowl last season. Just goes to show that it more of a popularity contest than anything.

I'm sorry, but this is a complete load of bullshit. He was outstanding the 2nd half of the year last year. He played at a VERY high level. I have no idea what games people watch when they think Winston sucked and now this take on Berry.

CoMoChief 03-26-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9529907)
I'm sorry, but this is a complete load of bullshit. He was outstanding the 2nd half of the year last year. He played at a VERY high level. I have no idea what games people watch when they think Winston sucked and now this take on Berry.

Winston had some pass protection problems at the beginning of the season. Of course some of that can be blamed on a shitty Matt Cassel. Winston wasn't a great pass blocker but was stellar in the running game. Far from "sucking" if you ask me. Still don't know why he was released.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9529912)
Winston had some pass protection problems at the beginning of the season. Of course some of that can be blamed on a shitty Matt Cassel. Winston wasn't a great pass blocker but was stellar in the running game. Far from "sucking" if you ask me. Still don't know why he was released.

Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. He was a monster in run blocking and I'd say solid in pass pro. Cassel/Quinn last year was the worst QB play I've ever seen yet people blame the tackles. Dumb.

Setsuna 03-26-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9529701)
Reminds me of Bob Sanders.

Except better and almost never gets injured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9529785)
It's not your team. Why would you ever be in a position to be delusional about a team you don't support?

:facepalm: And the Jags aren't in an equal or worse position than the Chiefs? Please get off.

Tombstone RJ 03-26-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9529903)
I saw games where they couldn't crack 3 and a half yards per carry against teams playing nickel/dime the ENTIRE game, so yeah they sucked running the ball ROFL Meanwhile KC ripped apart a couple of AFC playoff teams for 300 yards rushing who knew we didn't have a QB. See the difference between shit/great?

The Broncos ranked 16th in rushing so yah, there's room for improvement. I'm not worried. KC on the other hand now has a hc who does not like rushing the ball so whatever stats and things you saw last year is not going to matter at all this coming season.

BigMeatballDave 03-26-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9531806)
I'm not worried. KC on the other hand now has a hc who does not like rushing the ball so whatever stats and things you saw last year is not going to matter at all this coming season.

Obvious trolling donkey bitch is obvious

milkman 03-26-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9531806)
The Broncos ranked 16th in rushing so yah, there's room for improvement. I'm not worried. KC on the other hand now has a hc who does not like rushing the ball so whatever stats and things you saw last year is not going to matter at all this coming season.

Something tells me he's going to run the ball more than he ever has before, and more than he initially plans to start the season.

Just a gut feeling.

JohnnyHammersticks 03-26-2013 11:41 PM

Elam is a badass. He was always the player you noticed when the Gators were on defense. Hard hitter, makes tons of plays.

Chief Roundup 03-27-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9528274)
I dont buy that, he didnt start getting consistently burnt until after the knee... he'll look more like his rookie year going forward, i'd bet.

Uh I don't recall it like that at all. I recall him getting toasted then as well and everyone was saying it is because he is a rookie and that he would improve in the next season. Of course we know where that ended up.

Chiefshrink 03-27-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9531855)
Something tells me he's going to run the ball more than he ever has before, and more than he initially plans to start the season.

Just a gut feeling.

I think you are right. Especially after taking all the 'diss' for not using McCoy this last year unlike he did the year before. Charles will be McCoy of '11' with even better production with an improved O-line.

Chiefshrink 03-27-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529535)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_uHBFiAnpZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You live out here as well and you should know they are already clamoring out here for a RB with their first pick. Nobody is sold on WM and his age, nobody is sold on KM for the longterm, and Hillman proved he is not an every down type of back.

TEX 03-27-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9529907)

I'm double sorry but THIS is a complete load of extra bullshit. Berry was far from "outstanding" the second half of the season. He played at an AVERAGE level. The guy was ABUSED early on and played at a respectable level at years end. He did not deserve to make the Pro Bowl based on the full body of work put forth last season. He was not the top 1 or 2 at his position. No way - no how.

I'm with you with Eric Winston -

Rausch 03-27-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9532513)
I'm double sorry but THIS is a complete load of extra bullshit. Berry was far from "outstanding" the second half of the season. He played at an AVERAGE level. The guy was ABUSED early on and played at a respectable level at years end. He did not deserve to make the Pro Bowl based on the full body of work put forth last season. He was not the top 1 or 2 at his position. No way - no how.

I think Berry just took longer to heal. Not everyone is a freak like Peterson or Charles - most take a full year or more to get back to where they were (if they ever do.)

suds79 03-27-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9532519)
I think Berry just took longer to heal. Not everyone is a freak like Peterson or Charles - most take a full year or more to get back to where they were (if they ever do.)

My concern with Berry isn't where he's at health wise. I think he'll be fine certainly by the start of next year if he wasn't fully 100% last year.

My concern is his inability to cover TEs. That's going back to his rookie year.

For the life of me I can't figure out why he's at SS. I just think he'd be better suited playing center field, using his smarts & athleticism to try to pick off balls. Move him to FS like he was in college.

FRCDFED 03-27-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9532513)

I completely agree with this. People are dilusional to think that someone completely recovers from an ACL injury. They may be able to play at a high level but they will never be the same or better. Considering Berry was young and ascending at the time of his injury.......his ceiling is lower now and he will never achieve the level of play that we anticipated prior to his injury whether it be to minute physical limitations or the mental aspect that is lingering in the back of his head when he comes up to make a tackle. Just accept it!