ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official NCAA Championship Game Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271889)

KevB 04-08-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9569789)
WTF happened? I walked away for a few minutes and it's a one point game?

Hancock made 4 straight threes, then they got a turnover and finished a ridiculous alley oop. At that point, their entire fan base had reached full delirium.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-08-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9569798)
White boys representin' tonight. Unbelievable first half.

Lol that's something you don't usually hear white people say so I laughed.

tredadda 04-08-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9569796)
Can I ask why only Louisville tends to go the full-court pressure route for so much of the game? And I'm not basketball guy, but I think MI REALLY needs to go at the bearded guy when they're on offense. Seems like they need to get him into foul trouble or he's going to beat them all by himself!

It tends to wear a team down that does the full court press over time.

Consistent1 04-08-2013 08:22 PM

I wasn't real excited about this game, but it has been pretty awesome. The white boys representin'. That Louisville oop was sweet too, should be interesting.

KevB 04-08-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Can I ask why only Louisville tends to go the full-court pressure route for so much of the game? And I'm not basketball guy, but I think MI REALLY needs to go at the bearded guy when they're on offense. Seems like they need to get him into foul trouble or he's going to beat them all by himself!

Ville doesn't necessarily press to get turnovers, although they obviously hope that happens. They want to quicken the pace, get the game moving fast. In that situation, their guards can fly up and down and penetrate. They're generally not a great half-court team, as they don't really shoot the 3 all that well. Um, except for Hancock in the final four. He's clearly made their half-court offense significantly better!

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-08-2013 08:25 PM

The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN 27s

White guys have scored more than 50% of the points at halftime of the NCAA Championship game for the 1st time since 1971

Buehler445 04-08-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Trying to get easy points off turnovers.

KevB 04-08-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9569812)
Ville doesn't necessarily press to get turnovers, although they obviously hope that happens. They want to quicken the pace, get the game moving fast. In that situation, their guards can fly up and down and penetrate. They're generally not a great half-court team, as they don't really shoot the 3 all that well. Um, except for Hancock in the final four. He's clearly made their half-court offense significantly better!

Also, press doesn't have as much of the desired effect (wearing the other team down with depth) with Ware out injured.

Mother****erJones 04-08-2013 08:45 PM

What a shot by Burke

Bearcat 04-08-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9569693)
ok that **** has got to end. Players need to stop being bailed out at the three point line just jumping into the defender to get three shots. It's absolutely rediculous that you can draw a foul on plays like that.

Was there even contact on that play? Didn't look like there was much at all, if any.... I hate shit like that.

This is almost like an NBA game... nothing all that complicated on offense, but a lot of huge shots being made.... very entertaining.

Simply Red 04-08-2013 09:01 PM

the FCP is disrupting Michigan. Louisville is taking it to them right now, good game.

Simply Red 04-08-2013 09:02 PM

maybe not Wolverines w/ the triple

siberian khatru 04-08-2013 09:10 PM

This is like Ali-Frazier

Bambi 04-08-2013 09:10 PM

This might be the greatest collegiate Championship game since the 2005 Rose Bowl.

chiefsfan987 04-08-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9569901)
Was there even contact on that play? Didn't look like there was much at all, if any.... I hate shit like that.

This is almost like an NBA game... nothing all that complicated on offense, but a lot of huge shots being made.... very entertaining.

and there's another one.... I'm sorry, but when you have no intent on actually making a shot and you just jump into the defender to get three free throws you shouldn't get that call.