ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Akeem Jordan visiting Kansas City Chiefs today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272027)

crossbow 04-14-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9580066)
It's too soon to put labels like that on the new regime. Any new regime will try to bring in some players they are familiar with. We'll be signing a couple of former Packers and former Eagles. It does not mean a new recast version of the Patriots way.

True. To be fair it is the "Overpay for a dumbass 49er QB" way which the Chiefs have invented and developed into a level that eclipses all other sports franchises on the planet. Also known as the "Kick your fans in the nuts" method of building a fan base. Of course this only works in cities where the fans have no gag reflex. It is recommended that this never be tried in New York or any other city that has won a recent championship.

The Bad Guy 04-14-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9585067)
If we draft anywhere 1-4 that's the guy I want, but this is the first I think anyone has heard playing him at ILB. Does he really fit for that? 6'6" 240?

Sorry, should have clarified. The Chiefs need an ILB in addition to drafting Jordan.

Messier 04-14-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9585073)
True. To be fair it is the "Overpay for a dumbass 49er QB" way which the Chiefs have invented and developed into a level that eclipses all other sports franchises on the planet. Also known as the "Kick your fans in the nuts" method of building a fan base. Of course this only works in cities where the fans have no gag reflex. It is recommended that this never be tried in New York or any other city that has won a recent championship.

The fans are kicked in the nuts? Maybe if you love Geno Smith. I agree, I wish we could've gotten AS for a 3rd, but other than that the Chiefs made the best move to make in acquiring a veteran QB.

there's strong, but not necessarily legitimate hate for Alex Smith. I think it comes from the mad passionate love people have for Geno, and the fact AS came from San Francisco, neither of which is his fault. When I ask people who'd they rather have, as far as a veteran QB, I hear names like Stanton, and Hasselbeck, neither is better than Smith, in fact they've proven to be backups at this point. I think the only reason these types of QBs were wanted is because they ARE backups Hasselbeck and Stanton would make it easier for a rookie to come in and start, but what people don't get is Dorsey and Reid, it seems, don't like any of the rookie QBs to come in and start. Signing someone like Stanton doesn't mean Genos coming, it just means the Chiefs are starting a backup QB.

Mr. Laz 04-14-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9585168)
The fans are kicked in the nuts? Maybe if you love Geno Smith. I agree, I wish we could've gotten AS for a 3rd, but other than that the Chiefs made the best move to make in acquiring a veteran QB.

there's strong, but not necessarily legitimate hate for Alex Smith. I think it comes from the mad passionate love people have for Geno, and the fact AS came from San Francisco, neither of which is his fault. When I ask people who'd they rather have, as far as a veteran QB, I hear names like Stanton, and Hasselbeck, neither is better than Smith, in fact they've proven to be backups at this point. I think the only reason these types of QBs were wanted is because they ARE backups Hasselbeck and Stanton would make it easier for a rookie to come in and start, but what people don't get is Dorsey and Reid, it seems, don't like any of the rookie QBs to come in and start. Signing someone like Stanton doesn't mean Genos coming, it just means the Chiefs are starting a backup QB.

the cost is part of it too .... the Chiefs paid a heavy price in trade for Alex Smith.

Alex Smith cost us Geno Smith and the chance at a secondary QB in round 2.

Not to mention, first shot at any 1st round talent that slips each year into the 2nd round.

The Bad Guy 04-14-2013 10:32 AM

The Chiefs weren't ever going to take Geno Smith 1 and then turn around and take another QB in the 2nd round.

Bowser 04-14-2013 10:36 AM

Damn, I wanted us to sign Larry Grant. The Niners didn't lose a beat when he stepped in for an injured Patrick Willis. Safe to assume he was asking too much?

Bowser 04-14-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9585168)

My problem with Alex Smith is that he has been considered "good" for about a season and a half. Before that he was complete garbage, being benched for some very dubious no name backups.

I consider Alex Smith a game manager, not a game changer. I want a game changer at the position. He's an upgrade over Cassel (hopefully), but that shouldn't get anyone excited if Cassel is the bell curve.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 10:47 AM

You have to understand what was behind Alex Smith's transformation, though.

He was playing with legitimately shit coaches until Harbaugh showed up. Good god, Mike Singletary coached him for a year and a half.

Then you bring in a QB guru with extensive knowledge for what a QB needs to succeed, and Smith takes off.

Andy Reid fits that description -- I'm not claiming AS is the answer at QB, and I'm not claiming Reid is Harbaugh. But those are the facts.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 10:51 AM

OLB: Tamba Hali, Edgar Jones
SILB: Zac Diles, Chad Kilgore
WILB: Derrick Johnson, Akeem Jordan
OLB: Justin Houston, Frank Zombo

Uh, yeah. We still need at least a starting caliber SILB, if not two of them.

I'd say we're set at WILB. But we could probably use two backup OLBs as well.

Bowser 04-14-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9585488)

He was playing with legitimately shit coaches until Harbaugh showed up. Good god, Mike Singletary coached him for a year and a half.

Then you bring in a QB guru with extensive knowledge for what a QB needs to succeed, and Smith takes off.

Andy Reid fits that description -- I'm not claiming AS is the answer at QB, and I'm not claiming Reid is Harbaugh. But those are the facts.

That's part of the "anxiety" of Alex for me.....will he be the guy Harbaugh formed, or will he curl back into the fetal position without Harbaugh there to press the right buttons?

I'm not dismissing what he has done the last couple of seasons, I just remember as clearly what he wasn't able to do in the seasons before that. Hopefully he's the next Plunkett and leads us to a couple of Super Bowls.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 10:56 AM

My point is, I think he was the creation of a QB coach who knew exactly what to do with him, but we have that QB coach now.

Mr. Laz 04-14-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9585488)

The guy that transformed Alex Smith is also the guy that dumped him as soon as he got a chance

Dayze 04-14-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9585051)
Unless we take Dion Jordan at 1.1 and play him some at SILB, I would expect us to take one in the 3rd round. Guys like Jon Bostic, Kiko Alonso, Nico Johnson, Kevin Reddick, etc. will be good options there.

Bostic or Nico would be awesome

RustShack 04-14-2013 11:10 AM

We can pick up Klein or Knott in the middle-late rounds.

Direckshun 04-14-2013 11:12 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1348