ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Fisher + Alex OR Fisher + Geno (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272524)

Fat Elvis 04-26-2013 01:46 PM

Geno isn't a winner. That is a fact. He just isn't.

He also played against some awful, awful defenses. That is a fact. (He did OK against some OK defenses, but if you look up the rankings of the pass defenses he faced, they were pretty bad.)

I wanted Geno early on, but the more I looked into it, the less I wanted him--still hoping we can get him as I think he would work well in Reid's offense and it would be nice to have our own QB for once. I'm not going to lose any sleep if we don't draft him however.

keg in kc 04-26-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9631883)
If ****ing Daniel somehow took the job from Alex I'd laugh my ass off...LMAO

Well, you know how these quarterback "competitions" go.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 01:48 PM

fisher + Geno

I just don't think Alex Smith is that good.

Geno Smith MIGHT be

Messier 04-26-2013 01:56 PM

Some QB in this draft will be better than AS. I just don't think it will be Geno.

Setsuna 04-26-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9631886)
Geno isn't a winner. That is a fact. He just isn't.

He also played against some awful, awful defenses. That is a fact. (He did OK against some OK defenses, but if you look up the rankings of the pass defenses he faced, they were pretty bad.)

I wanted Geno early on, but the more I looked into it, the less I wanted him--still hoping we can get him as I think he would work well in Reid's offense and it would be nice to have our own QB for once. I'm not going to lose any sleep if we don't draft him however.

:LOL: The fact is you CAN'T draft him. You officially have no say on anything Geno related.

KChiefs1 04-26-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9631873)
I'll be damned if the Jags take a noodle arm QB with injury history who played for USC. And the fact that Bills didn't take Nassib is telling. Also you forget Jax sent their entire FO to see Geno's pro day. IMO he ain't making it past the first 20 minutes @ 6:30 EST tonight.

We will see....

noa 04-26-2013 02:09 PM

I'd rather have Geno because if he works out, great, but of not, we'll probably have a high draft pick again to try again. Alex Smith just gets is stuck in our 8-8 purgatory with draft picks in the late teens or low 20's, so we have less of a chance to correct the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX 04-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9631964)
I'd rather have Geno because if he works out, great, but of not, we'll probably have a high draft pick again to try again. Alex Smith just gets is stuck in our 8-8 purgatory with draft picks in the late teens or low 20's, so we have less of a chance to correct the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not really because thy'll dump him if that's the case for too long.

TEX 04-26-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9631873)
Truer words have never been spoken..said no one ever. This is stupid. I know I pretty much don't know a darn thing about what this organization will do but I'll be damned if the Jags take a noodle arm QB with injury history who played for USC. And the fact that Bills didn't take Nassib is telling. Also you forget Jax sent their entire FO to see Geno's pro day. IMO he ain't making it past the first 20 minutes @ 6:30 EST tonight.

Well I said he'd go to Jacksonville late first with them trading back in, or early 2nd in the "Go on record on where Geno is going" thread...

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9631978)
Not really because thy'll dump him if that's the case for too long.

He'll probably get his 2 years and then walk...

Hootie 04-26-2013 02:16 PM

Go Chiefs post the stat about 2nd round success rates for QBs lol lol lol lol

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-26-2013 02:24 PM

Fisher and Alex Smith by a mile.

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:40 PM

Interesting

Rasputin 04-26-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9631711)
There has to be some kind of huge red flag that every team is seeing in order to have EJ Manual be the first QB off the board.

Nothing HAS to be wrong with him. Teams feel like they have a quarterback to lead their team with. Was surprised Buffalo took EJ Manual over Geno but that is who they liked better.

Geno Smith should take this to heart and work that much harder in the pros to prove so many wrong. A team is going pick up a hungry player for success.

This could work well for Geno Smith to not have the first round pressure on him and he can just take go to a team that will let him compete for the job. Not giving it to him will make him a better player imo.

Dave Lane 04-26-2013 02:55 PM

At least Geno has the possibility of upside.

Smiff is who we thought he was. Go ahead and crown him.