ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273151)

Tribal Warfare 07-21-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9825057)
I think the ant-man movie is scheduled to be after Avengers 2.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ylai2RE9EM0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9825125)
He's an incredibly powerful robot created by Henry Pym (Ant-Man). After he was created, he achieved sentience, became gloatingly evil, upgraded his armor to be virtually indestructible, and turned against his creator. He's been a major Avengers villain for the past 45 years or so, and has among other things led the Masters of Evil, taken over Iron Man's armor, flattened the entire group at once, and just recently was the focal point of an alternate-future series called (you guessed it) "Age of Ultron". Best of all is that beyond being just a stock Bad Robot character, he also has all kinds of psychological aspects (a sort of Oedipus complex, for one) that makes him a rare character who is both interesting to follow, and thoroughly malicious.

http://www.worthpoint.com/wp-content.../04/ultron.jpg

Geeked in part because he's one of my favorite villains, but also curious what the storyline they will use or if they will use source material from previous Ultron battles...

Can't remember where I read it but there was some talk about Marvel moving to drawing their source material from upcoming and very recent plots in the comics as a way to not muck with classic stories but it also makes it easier for new fans to get into the comics and have a familiar footing of what's happening - push for increase in crossover fans and bump up the readership.

Just what I heard, though it was grounded in some inside information, but definitely not confirmed.

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 9825262)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eEDh3MD7YR...600/ultron.jpg
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...11/11/roy7.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...tesvision2.jpghttp://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6144/i6ao.jpg

Sorry to keep the pics coming I had a long morning and I'm sitting in the AC for awhile.
For those that dont know the one image is Hank Pym creating/realizing that his toaster has become sentient yet still he doesn't and cant fathom the pain Ultron will put him and the avengers thru in the future.
Also Ultron Created the Vision to turn traitor on the team and that ended with Vision turning on him.

Vision is sweet- I am doubtful they will include him at this point unless this was his switching sides story to go along with Avengers 2... kinda think it would be too congested and probably a weak place to give the intro of Vision in there when it will already be a handful with so many other featured superheros.

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9825368)
I thought they might do this.
Thanos will be in it, but hes gonna be the main villain in the third one.
Ultron makes total sense at this point.

Thanos is the baddie in the other flick with Pratt coming out Aug 1 next year, Gaurdians of the Galaxy. It got slipped at Comic-Con, but they have future plans for him down the road too. Now I'm thinking he wont be the main guy in Avengers 3 since he will be so recently featured unless there's a tie-in which they have been constantly saying they don't intend to feature that as a crossover into the avengers world.... ?

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2013 07:47 PM

Will Wasp be in it then as his obsession / mission to make Jocasta? I'm assuming she'll be in the Antman flick that precedes avengers2

beach tribe 07-21-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9826075)
Vision is sweet- I am doubtful they will include him at this point unless this was his switching sides story to go along with Avengers 2... kinda think it would be too congested and probably a weak place to give the intro of Vision in there when it will already be a handful with so many other featured superheros.

The mind of Agent Coulson is rumored to be the vision.

beach tribe 07-21-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9826082)
Thanos is the baddie in the other flick with Pratt coming out Aug 1 next year, Gaurdians of the Galaxy. It got slipped at Comic-Con, but they have future plans for him down the road too. Now I'm thinking he wont be the main guy in Avengers 3 since he will be so recently featured unless there's a tie-in which they have been constantly saying they don't intend to feature that as a crossover into the avengers world.... ?

He will be the final boss of the Avengers franchise.
GotG will be character building for Thanos.
Gamora is basically his daughter.
Thanos is going to be up to something big.

Jamie 07-21-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9826086)
Will Wasp be in it then as his obsession / mission to make Jocasta? I'm assuming she'll be in the Antman flick that precedes avengers2

Ant-Man is coming after Avengers 2. In the video Tribal Warfare posted Joss says pretty definitively that Ultron will have a different origin and Pym won't be in Avengers 2. The obvious thing would be for
Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9826088)
The mind of Agent Coulson is rumored to be the vision.

I think that was just fan speculation, and pretty unlikely now since Coulson is in the Shield tv show. Unless he's already a robot in the tv show, I guess.

Direckshun 07-21-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9826130)
Ant-Man is coming after Avengers 2. In the video Tribal Warfare posted Joss says pretty definitively that Ultron will have a different origin and Pym won't be in Avengers 2. The obvious thing would be for
Spoiler!

Interesting.

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 07-21-2013 08:39 PM

I have no doubt that any of the producers of these movies would boldly lie to any available microphone in order to keep the secrets of a billion-dollar movie from being guessed too quickly.

Also, I'm tempted to think they won't do the Coulson/Vision thing because it's been so often guessed by fans. At first? Maybe. Now, and especially with him in the TV show? I'm going to say probably not. Buuuuuut, I think having Vision in it is pretty likely, considering his long-term popularity, and that they're introducing Scarlet Witch.

And I think it's a foregone conclusion that if Wasp doesn't show up in Avengers 2, she will in Ant-Man.

The sched:
2013: Iron Man 3 in spring, Thor 2 in fall.
2014: Captain America 2 in spring, Guardians of the Galaxy in fall.
2015: Avengers 2 in spring, Ant-Man in fall.

Silock 07-22-2013 04:03 AM

Shouldn't Ant Man come before Avengers 2, if they're going with Ultron?

Anyong Bluth 07-22-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9826544)
Shouldn't Ant Man come before Avengers 2, if they're going with Ultron?

It hasn't even been confirmed that Hank is the Antman they are going with... but I still think it'd be silly to not.

Radar Chief 07-22-2013 02:16 PM

I just want to know when the Tick will be joining the Avengers.

Fire Me Boy! 07-22-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9827386)
I just want to know when the Tick will be joining the Avengers.

YES!!!!! Then it's only a matter of time before they call on my dad, The Human Bullet.

Aries Walker 07-22-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9827101)
It hasn't even been confirmed that Hank is the Antman they are going with... but I still think it'd be silly to not.

Scott Lang has actually been Ant-Man for much longer than Hank Pym was. They could easily go with him, especially if they want to keep Hank for another role (say, focusing on his robotics angle as the creator of Ultron).