ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 25 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273218)

Dayze 11-09-2013 02:28 PM

I've been playing in Franchise mode for th first time the last couple of nights; I can say, the AI in the gameplay is really really bad. OL probably being the worst. Don't even attempt to run a screen of any kind.

on defense, the play will always go in the opposite direction. the pre-snap is when the computer identifies you and runs a ****ed up play against you. Last night I was using Tamba. Pre-snap I was on the LOS ; the play call was for a blitz, but I backed out of it on my own. I line up on the LOS then bail out on his blind side; and the ****ing RIGHT GUARD pulls around and tries to block me while I'm in zone standing on the numbers.

terrible game play. It's been broken for probably 7 years.

Mother****erJones 11-09-2013 03:26 PM

This game is a train wreck. Playing the broncos is so ****ing boring. The AI is terrible. Hopefully the game is light years better than this shit.

CrazyPhuD 11-11-2013 01:22 AM

OK I feel like sharing my madden 25 Ultimate team laugher story of the day. SO I play it irregularly, I'd probably play more but I don't have the time. Still I got the directv edition so I get free directv packs once a week. My team is ok it's 80 rated with a pretty solid secondary.(Heh Deion Sanders is my dime CB Flowers is my nickle).

I decided to play the last game of the team of the week from last week so I can get DJs special collectible to eventually try to get DJ. 94 Rated Chiefs team on All-Madden I thought it was going to be rough.

But then I remembered I'm playing against Alex Smith, kick off to the Chiefs. Slow Jamaal just enough that when Alex attempts his first pas....INT.... My first roll on offense and my running play gets just blown up. Second play I get almost no time to throw the ball and they get the only sack of the game. After that I realize I have to throw much quicker. My OL just isn't good enough to provide much protection.(and ironically Alex Smith is my QB too! :D)

Forced to punt the first series and the chiefs get the ball back....his Alex drops back to pass....INT again....(thank you alex smith!). Finally switching to a short pass, quick out slant and comeback game and I'm marching down the field. They're mostly still blowing up my run game but Forte is getting just enough to keep them honest.

So long as I don't turn the ball(heh DJ jumped a crossing route to rob one of my WRs) over I'm moving the ball at will. Middle of the 4th I'm up 14-3 and moving the ball well when I **** up and miss-press a button. I had a guy open on a curl and instead of throwing the bullet my Alex throws the lob...his Flowers catches up and jumps the route.:cuss:

Now back on D...first play from his 15, his Alex throws the ball into traffic...my Flowers makes a crazy INT and runs it in for the defensive TD icing the game. LOL in the span of two plays it went my Alex Smith INT to his Flowers, then his Alex Smith INT to my Flowers for the defensive TD.

Am I allowed to say we designed that play at halftime and executed it to perfection? o:-)

Sure-Oz 11-11-2013 01:42 AM

So...dont buy this huh? Seems like every year its considered awful

Dayze 11-11-2013 09:52 AM

it's 'ok'. I mean, it's entertaining, but in no way can you predict the play of your OL....or anyone else on your team/opposing team.

there are times that no matter what you call on offense or defense, the computer will have it's way with you. I like playing close games, and for it to be a bit hard (ie no 'money' plays to run 20 times a game). But, there are times when it's obvious the only reason it's a 'competitive' game is because of dumbass shit.

Dayze 11-12-2013 03:52 PM

played last night in my franchise.

what a turd of a game. So, I play the Broncos for the first time. Every other team, you can see what personnel they planning on coming out with on offense before you pick your defense.

...not the broncos. lol. So I guess it's just a wild assed guess. and, any movement of your controls with Manning on offense he'll change the play.

dj56dt58 11-12-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10181498)

what a turd of a game. So, I play the Broncos for the first time. Every other team, you can see what personnel they planning on coming out with on offense before you pick your defense.

...not the broncos. lol. So I guess it's just a wild assed guess. and, any movement of your controls with Manning on offense he'll change the play.

The Broncos are cheating..sounds realistic to me

Gravedigger 12-22-2013 05:39 AM

This game is damn aweful. I just got it for Christmas from the in laws and I feel so terrible for asking for it. Defense is shit, I never intercept a pass when I go up for it it just awkwardly falls to the ground. The only time I get an interception it's because it was thrown right to me with no receiver around. The last Madden game I broke tackles, I ran screens for long gains, in this game I get touched one time and I trip and fall down. Also the acceleration from stand still is aweful in this game. I'll go through the tutorials and give this game more chances but through the first two games with no tutorials on NORMAL, I'm frustrated because I'm terrible and on all the old Madden games I could pick up the controller and dominate. Big let down so far.

Mother****erJones 12-22-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10181498)

LMAO

He used to be fun to play but not this years for me. He just ran the play clock down and it was so boring.

ThaVirus 12-24-2013 10:50 PM

This game still sucks but Jamaal is a 99 overall.

DBOSHO 12-25-2013 07:26 AM

Bought call of duty for the xbox one, but i didnt like it, so i traded it and my 360 madden in for a next gen copy.

Its a little bit better. Running with the ball feels more realistic as theres momentum and you cant cut on a dime at full speed. Defense is better i guess. When you play the broncos peyton doesnt take 15 seconds to hike the ball.

Visually it looks better. Jamaal doesnt have dreads and his skincolor is about mcclusters color so thats different. But otherwise yhe menus and stuff look almost exactly the same.

I wish madden would release the rights so 2k could make another game. When you see the difference in quality between nba 2k and nba live, its astonishing. I know its apples to oranges, but the gameplay is so sloppy in madden.