ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Terminator Reboot Set For 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274165)

Deberg_1990 06-28-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782357)
Uh, the second part is a little grey area for me. I'd prefer not to comment.

Johnny, like any other actor, trusts his agents and advisers. If he decides to work for less than his quote, then other studios and production companies will hold him to it. You're only as worth as much as you're worth.

But if a big, juicy role came along, he loved the script and felt it was an Oscar-worthy leading part, I'm sure he'd take a long hard look.

Johhny is an interesting case. He worked for years and years in more quirky and prestige roles before he hit it gigantic. It seems like its usually the opposite. Your bigger when your younger, but then your box office appeal declines as you get older.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9782400)
Johhny is an interesting case. He worked for years and years in more quirky and prestige roles before he hit it gigantic. It seems like its usually the opposite. Your bigger when your younger, but then your box office appeal declines as you get older.

But he didn't move to Hollywood to become an actor...

notorious 06-28-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9782378)
I really liked the most recent terminator, it ranks right up there with t2. Instead of a ****in reboot, why don't they make another badass modern one in the vein of the last?

I see suck all over this.

Whew. I thought I was the only one.

It was gritty, and I love seeing the old T models.

BigRedChief 06-28-2013 10:42 PM

Does any movie these days get green lighted to production unless it has a chance to make a BILLION $'s?

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9782944)
Does any movie these days get green lighted to production unless it has a chance to make a BILLION $'s?

Of course, Dude!

There are tons of smaller films going into production each day. It's just that those films don't have the budget for press and probably wouldn't be interesting to people that don't seek out smaller films.

chiefs1111 06-28-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9781531)
I'm of the opinion that any Terminator movie without James Cameron is rudderless. T3 was absolutely awful and while T4 was "better", I don't like the way they played around with the mythology. In the end, it was a crappy movie that was completely unnecessary.

However, I really enjoyed the series on Fox. I liked the mood, the direction and the overall vibe. It's a shame they kept moving it around on the schedule, which hindered it greatly from growing an audience, but that's nothing new for Fox.

The only hope that I have for a new Terminator series is that Skydance is producing. Their recent track record has been very, very good.

Man I loved the show on Fox. Was very disappointed when it got cancelled.

CrazyPhuD 06-28-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9782400)

I don't know I'd say many if not most of the roles I've seen him in have been fairly classic 'Depp' style roles, it's just that some hit bigger at the box office than others. He's been nominated for a number of oscars I can't believe that at some point he won't win one.

I think that's been part of the key to his success and somewhat early failures, I believe he's picked roles that he loved. With the talent he has, if he loves the role eventually he's going to get the award. I remember when I first heard about the remake of Willy Wonka I was disappointed until I heard that Depp was going to be Wonka. He's one of the very few actors who could capture that same quirkiness that Gene Wilder projected in that role.

One remake that could be absolutely hilarious with him if there's the right team would be Depp in a Young Frankenstein remake. Done well it would be a riot. The question is if it would make enough money to be green lit(and if brooks and wilder would do a modern remake).

007 06-28-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9782995)
I don't know I'd say many if not most of the roles I've seen him in have been fairly classic 'Depp' style roles, it's just that some hit bigger at the box office than others. He's been nominated for a number of oscars I can't believe that at some point he won't win one.

I think that's been part of the key to his success and somewhat early failures, I believe he's picked roles that he loved. With the talent he has, if he loves the role eventually he's going to get the award. I remember when I first heard about the remake of Willy Wonka I was disappointed until I heard that Depp was going to be Wonka. He's one of the very few actors who could capture that same quirkiness that Gene Wilder projected in that role.

One remake that could be absolutely hilarious with him if there's the right team would be Depp in a Young Frankenstein remake. Done well it would be a riot. The question is if it would make enough money to be green lit(and if brooks and wilder would do a modern remake).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...by_Johnny_Depp

Silock 06-28-2013 11:52 PM

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles was fantastic.

**** Fox.

Tribal Warfare 06-28-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9783044)
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles was fantastic.

**** Fox.

I ****ing hated it they shat on Cameron's time travel rules which ruined it for me. Summer Glau couldn't mimic voices like the T-800, and she was supposedly a more advanced model.

ThaVirus 06-29-2013 04:02 PM

I still think T2 is one of the best action flicks ever.

T3 was pretty meh, whatevskis. Worth a watch but I haven't seen it in about 6 years and don't have any desire to.

I actually went back and watched The Terminator after I had seen 2 and 3 and thought it was pretty good despite its age.

The latest Terminator with Bale and Worthington was pretty good as well. The action scenes were fantastic, it was cool to finally see the post-apocalyptic world Sarah Connor was warning us about, and, of course, the Arnie nod was pretty cool too.

.... I'll watch this one.

ThaVirus 06-29-2013 04:04 PM

I've forgotten though, what was Skynet's ultimate goal? Just to destroy all humans?

I only remember it "became self-aware" and just started launching nukes everywhere.

Tribal Warfare 06-29-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9783845)
I've forgotten though, what was Skynet's ultimate goal? Just to destroy all humans?

I only remember it "became self-aware" and just started launching nukes everywhere.

"Humans are innately destructive and it's in our nature to destroy ourselves" T-800

ThaVirus 06-29-2013 04:21 PM

So they want to beat us to the punch?

Tribal Warfare 06-29-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9783874)
So they want to beat us to the punch?

Yes, because we are danger to ourselves, and thus in the machines mind it's better to end the suffering.