ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Nevada police seize house, arrest homeowners for 'tactical advantage.' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274307)

Chief Roundup 07-05-2013 06:28 AM

The Mitchells are being represented. If you all think this is all a big lie then someone could call their lawyers which are mentioned in the original article.
Cofer, Geller & Durham out of Las Vegas.

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9793432)
The Mitchells are being represented. If you all think this is all a big lie then someone could call their lawyers which are mentioned in the original article.
Cofer, Geller & Durham out of Las Vegas.

Who said lie?

There is NO credible source for this story. It should be top story on Vegas TV.

BlackHelicopters 07-05-2013 06:42 AM

Something is missing, here.

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9793436)
Something is missing, here.

Yeah, like mainstream media.

Marcellus 07-05-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9793406)
This guy is owed millions in damages, IMO.

That is ridiculous. He in no way suffered any serious harm. People involved in serious car accidents at no fault of their won dont get millions of $.

That's just dumb.

Does he deserve something, yes but I would think $100,000 is more than sufficient.

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9793440)
That is ridiculous. He in no way suffered any serious harm. People involved in serious car accidents at no fault of their won dont get millions of $.

That's just dumb.

Does he deserve something, yes but I would think $100,000 is more than sufficient.

This is different than a car accident. Your civil rights are not grossly violated in an accident.

Maybe I exaggerated, but a million would not be out of the question if they actually did this to him.

Marcellus 07-05-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9793442)
This is different than a car accident. Your civil rights are not grossly violated in an accident.

Maybe I exaggerated, but a million would not be out of the question if they actually did this to him.

I suppose the fine should be hefty as a deterrent to the police department involved but in no way do you want it to be ridiculous in amount.

We already have a litigation happy society.The fact some asshole cops stepped way over their authority is reflection on them and possibly their boss but its not like this guy was thrown in jail for 5 years.

Ace Gunner 07-05-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9793434)
Who said lie?

There is NO credible source for this story. It should be top story on Vegas TV.

well, "the news" has filters, you know :)

From MSN;

Police allegedly violate Third Amendment just in time for the Fourth

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/92/2B931F..._cwGxyWTyg.jpg

The Third Amendment, which forbids forcefully quartering soldiers in people's homes, doesn't get brought up a lot. Anthony Mitchell of Henderson, Nev., is suing the city for Third Amendment violations. He was arrested for not allowing police officers to use his home as a lookout for an investigation. After Mitchell refused their initial request over the phone, officers allegedly showed up at his door with a metal ram and broke in, "Addressing the plaintiff as 'asshole,'" says the best part of the complaint, "Officers shouted conflicting orders at Mitchell." When he didn't (or couldn't) comply, they allegedly hit him and his dog with pepper spray. The really crazy thing: they also arrested Mitchell's parents, who live on the same street, for the same "crime." Everybody gets a Third Amendment violation! — By Nick Mangione [Source]

http://now.msn.com/anthony-mitchell-...ent-violations

Unfortunately(for main media), this story is gaining legs

Dayze 07-05-2013 07:45 AM

"we need to use your house, GTFO of the way.....*walks by the coffee table*.....well!...what do we have here? A pot pipe. You're under arrest".

jspchief 07-05-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9793444)
I suppose the fine should be hefty as a deterrent to the police department involved but in no way do you want it to be ridiculous in amount.

We already have a litigation happy society.The fact some asshole cops stepped way over their authority is reflection on them and possibly their boss but its not like this guy was thrown in jail for 5 years.

This isn't as much about the victims deserving to get rich as it is about the punishment being harsh enough to be an effective deterrent.

That's often what gets lost in discussions about the outrageous amounts awarded in lawsuits. Getting burned by coffee may not warrant a lottery type windfall, but if you want to do more than slap the wrist of McDonald's sized corporations, you have to swing a big stick.

A Salt Weapon 07-05-2013 08:37 AM

Money is not a punishment to government. Sick and tired of hearing about this stuff and there is never any repercussions on the police themselves. The money should come from their personal assets and their pensions. Leaving the tax payers with the bill is another slap in the face.

unlurking 07-05-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9793442)

At minimum, he deserves the same amount you would have to pay if you shared a dozen songs over the Internet.

unlurking 07-05-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9793503)
Money is not a punishment to government. Sick and tired of hearing about this stuff and there is never any repercussions on the police themselves. The money should come from their personal assets and their pensions. Leaving the tax payers with the bill is another slap in the face.

I wouldn't mind seeing them (and whoever approved the whole thing), spend a week or two in genpop. Think about the repercussions if a normal citizen did this. There would be major criminal charges resulting in years in prison.

Ace Gunner 07-05-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9793503)

Liability needs to be with the officers, yes, but imo dept heads should run a much tighter ship -- meaning, heads need to roll & charges need filed.

there is no place in american law for double standards, yet we are being told to let these folks "do their job" while at the same time society is being directed to "look the other way" and consider "the greater good" which is crooked by america's standards.

in fact, the USC is designed to empower americans when need be. there is a reason "free speech" is our first right.

Brock 07-05-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9793405)
This, oh and I hope clay and Brock die slow painful deaths before they dilute the gene pool.

Typical cop overreaction.