ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Other Games Clash of Clans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274352)

DJ's left nut 03-28-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12153453)
I don't know how you are moving so fast without any money invested...

I mean, you can farm a lot of resources... but you are still bottle-necked by the amount of builders and the build times.

You sound like you have been doing your research on attacks though which is nice. :clap:

I've been playing since Christmas day non stop and am just reaching near max TH7... that is with 5 builders. (I've spent $20 on gems) To get my fifth builder and to gem my Spell factory at TH7. (how the **** can anyone play without spells for that many days???)

Spend a lot of time at TH8, it's where most people just start jumping up to get those Inferno towers... and then they will never find a good clan because nobody wants a rushed base in war.

A lot of my heavy growth came before the last update and during the winter where you could boost all of your collectors for 1 gem per. I was able pretty much break even spending 15 gems/day to keep my collectors goosed at all times. The trees/stones and stuff wouldn't quite keep up but the occasional gem box would cover the gap.

That allowed a ton of resource building quickly. I only have 4 builders but they're pretty much turning non-stop. And it isn't really until high TH8 that stuff starts to take a long time. I'm a sitting duck right now because I just upgraded all 3 air defenses at once; 8 days/piece. The problem is that you're a sitting duck for any dragon raid any way if you only have 2 so rather than upgrade one at a time and be vulnerable for damn near a month, I just upgraded all 3 in a 3 day span and so after 11 days I'll be past it.

The last update gave TH7s a 3rd anti-air defense and that would've also slowed me down a lot had I not already built up as much as I had. That made the dragon raids much more difficult and expensive. Before that, I'd just run 4-5 dragon raids/day, make sure each of them targeted gold in excess of $250K and if I needed to boost the elixir I'd target a dead base with a simple goblin raid on neglected collectors.

Amnorix 03-28-2016 02:31 PM

Th8 and lower can't handle good air raids anyway. You need that fourth air defense and extra defenses. Th9 gets you max loons, which can crush Th8 if well handled.

DJ's left nut 03-28-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12153600)
Th8 and lower can't handle good air raids anyway. You need that fourth air defense and extra defenses. Th9 gets you max loons, which can crush Th8 if well handled.

Eh.

Once my hogs get their upgrade done and I'm sitting on level 4 hog riders, a mass hog raid will pretty much smoke any TH 8 anyway. Even the 'double bomb' thing can't wipe them out and if you have 2 rage spells and a heal spell, you can trip those bombs, drop a heal spell and then throw the rage spells to simply outrun any clan castle troops that emerge.

A well executed hog raid is just awesome. 30 seconds and you'll raze the entire village.

Molitoth 08-23-2016 01:00 PM

So where are you guys at now?

I'm leading a level 10 clan and we have 3 losses (2 ties) in our entire war log.

Looking for any good player if you guys are struggling finding a good clan.

DJ's left nut 08-23-2016 01:13 PM

Building walls.

I've been building !@#$ing walls for 4 months.

To hell with building walls, man...

Molitoth 08-23-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12382691)
Building walls.

I've been building !@#$ing walls for 4 months.

To hell with building walls, man...

lol

Hamwallet 08-23-2016 04:22 PM

I am building walls also. Maxed town hall. Most my defenses are maxed or one level away. So I have been building walls at 3 million a pop. Fun....

DJ's left nut 08-23-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 12382979)
I am building walls also. Maxed town hall. Most my defenses are maxed or one level away. So I have been building walls at 3 million a pop. Fun....

Jesus; that level doesn't even sound fun.

Yeah! 8 attacks and 2 weeks of collectors running on boost for....a wall. Awesome.

I'm not sure how much longer this can hold my interest. I'm thinking I'll probably plug along on level 9 for awhile and call it. There's just way too little gratification beyond that unless you're just warring all the time and even that seems a little tedious at the upper levels.

Hamwallet 08-26-2016 02:51 PM

It's doesn't take that long. I am consistently over 35-3600 trophies. Win bonus is 225K plus whatever else I steal. I build a wall every other day or so. I started playing a couple months after the game came out. Me and a dozen old friends are all in our own little guild. It helps keep it fresh. Clan chat is more about what bar we are going to or who's house we are watching a game at.

Molitoth 08-26-2016 03:05 PM

This healer nerf effecting anyone's Queen Walks yet?

Supercell went full reerun with this last patch.

DJ's left nut 08-26-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12387550)
This healer nerf effecting anyone's Queen Walks yet?

Supercell went full reerun with this last patch.

Good.

I was tired of people showing up with a Queen and 5 healers and just wandering around ****ing everybody up. And the Giant/Healer strategy really kills people under level 5 or so.

I never understood why healers didn't trigger air traps; I'm glad they changed it.

Molitoth 08-27-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12387578)
Good.

I was tired of people showing up with a Queen and 5 healers and just wandering around ****ing everybody up. And the Giant/Healer strategy really kills people under level 5 or so.

I never understood why healers didn't trigger air traps; I'm glad they changed it.

You must have limited knowledge about 3 star multi phase strategies at TH9+ in war?

DJ's left nut 08-29-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12388496)
You must have limited knowledge about 3 star multi phase strategies at TH9+ in war?

Haven't upgraded to TH9 yet (again....so very many walls to build).

Though I'd imagine that yes, it's a monster. I'm not sure what I'll do when the hog-ride isn't a quick and easy route to 3 stars anymore. I've become damn near unbeatable at that but I know that TH9 gets another giant bomb so it probably puts that strategy to bed.

KC Hawks 08-29-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12393075)
Haven't upgraded to TH9 yet (again....so very many walls to build).

Though I'd imagine that yes, it's a monster. I'm not sure what I'll do when the hog-ride isn't a quick and easy route to 3 stars anymore. I've become damn near unbeatable at that but I know that TH9 gets another giant bomb so it probably puts that strategy to bed.

GoVaHo is the way to go at TH9.

Molitoth 08-29-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 12393323)
GoVaHo is the way to go at TH9.

GoVaHo is still good at TH9, but it's not as dominant as:

Queen Walk objective: Enemy Queen, CC, or Xbow.
Valk funnel, jump into core, jump out of core.

or

Healer, Giant, Hog, Bowlers

You basically want max bowlers in your CC every raid.