ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music New Avenged Sevenfold is KILLER! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274576)

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9816951)
:rolleyes: He's just making a point that you're overrating the song.

Well, there's that, too.

:D

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9816949)
People just like to have a bad attitude in this forum. It's truly become an ugly place.

So personal preference is now ugly?

What?

That song was unimaginative and boring. Boring guitars, boring vocals, boring song structure and boring production. Anyone that's listened to that genre of music in the last decade would likely agree.

Of course, that's my opinion and I hope it's not too "ugly" for you.

Carlota69 07-16-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9816954)
Please. Album sales are down 10,000% from the mid-90's. Bands don't sign huge record and publishing deals anymore. Hardly anyone makes a dime for their records. Major labels require "360 deals" and very little recording funding.

Publishers are having an enormously hard time earning any new income due to illegal downloads and their rates are so high (i.e., cost of doing business) that most major motion pictures can't afford to license music from superstar acts, let alone, well known acts.

Going Gold used to get bands dropped. Now, it's rarity if it ever happens.

That's not because of songs. That's because of corporations and Mc Radio stations run by said corporations. Basically it has nothing to do with quality of music and everything to do with suits running and ruining the show.

Carlota69 07-16-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9816960)
So personal preference is now ugly?

What?

That song was unimaginative and boring. Boring guitars, boring vocals, boring song structure and boring production. Anyone that's listened to that genre of music in the last decade would likely agree.

Of course, that's my opinion and I hope it's not too "ugly" for you.

No, the way people talk to people In thiis forum is ugly...you included and mostly.
In fact, I thought you left this place.

KCrockaholic 07-16-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9816962)
No, the way people talk to people In thiis forum is ugly.

ROFL

Carlota69 07-16-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9816951)
:rolleyes: He's just making a point that you're overrating the song.

I understand you think is am, but I am a music director of a 30 million dollar radio station, one that is continually successful. In fact, we are one of the most successful rock stations in the country, and my job is to " hear" songs. I'm not wrong often. This song will be the most played rock song in a matter of weeks, and it will be number one In a matter of weeks as well.

KCrockaholic 07-16-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9816969)
I understand you think is am, but I am a music director of a 30 million dollar radio station, one that is continually successful. In fact, we are one of the most successful rock stations in the country, and my job is to " hear" songs. I'm not wrong often. This song will be the most played rock song in a matter of weeks, and it will be number one In a matter of weeks as well.

I don't doubt that it could hit number one at some point. But for it to be song of the year is really stretching it. It's an average song that lacks anything that puts it over the top. Like Dane said, even people who are into that music would think it's fairly boring. Myself included.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9816961)
That's not because of songs. That's because of corporations and Mc Radio stations run by said corporations. Basically it has nothing to do with quality of music and everything to do with suits running and ruining the show.

:facepalm:

Yeah, music from 2000 forward compares favorably to music from the 60's 70's and 80's. I can't wait to hear this Avenged Sevenfold song in 30 years on the radio.

As a veteran of the music business for more than a decade, everything you said is complete and utter nonsense.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9816969)

And once again, that just goes to show that the quality of music being produced and distributed today, whether it's through an Indie, Self or Major Label distribution, is well below average.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9816962)
No, the way people talk to people In thiis forum is ugly...you included and mostly.
In fact, I thought you left this place.

You sound a little butthurt.

You must be new.

Carlota69 07-16-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9816984)
:facepalm:

Yeah, music from 2000 forward compares favorably to music from the 60's 70's and 80's. I can't wait to hear this Avenged Sevenfold song in 30 years on the radio.

As a veteran of the music business for more than a decade, everything you said is complete and utter nonsense.

Oh shit, I've been a veteran of the music industry As a music director for 22 years. No it is not utter nonsense. There's a reason I've been successful for a very long time.
But I tel, you what, for the sake of not fighting. You're right. I'm Wrong. You rule. I suck.

Now go away...

Carlota69 07-16-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9816986)
You sound a little butthurt.

You must be new.

I've been e long enough to see all your "I'm leaving " threads.

Carlota69 07-16-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9816985)
And once again, that just goes to show that the quality of music being produced and distributed today, whether it's through an Indie, Self or Major Label distribution, is well below average.

No it is not. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it below quality. The industry has changed. iTunes one of the big reasons, but it doesn't mean music isn't good anymore. You sound like an old man.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9816989)
Oh shit, I've been a veteran of the music industry As a music director for 22 years. No it is not utter nonsense. There's a reason I've been successful for a very long time.
But I tel, you what, for the sake of not fighting. You're right. I'm Wrong. You rule. I suck.

Now go away...

I don't give a shit about your radio station director's job. If you're going to tell me that illegal downloading hasn't killed the record business along thousands of jobs while changing the economics of signing and developing bands, you're smoking crack.

And BTW, go **** yourself.

Carlota69 07-16-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9816980)
I don't doubt that it could hit number one at some point. But for it to be song of the year is really stretching it. It's an average song that lacks anything that puts it over the top. Like Dane said, even people who are into that music would think it's fairly boring. Myself included.

That's cool, I can respect that you think it's a stretch. Time will tell.