ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC New York Times | Soccer in the U.S. Heartland: Kansas City Transformed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274740)

Bambi 07-23-2013 02:24 PM

Two franchises win in the Kansas City area. Sporting and KU Basketball. It's a very simple equation.

BigCatDaddy 07-23-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9829643)
Two franchises win in the Kansas City area. Sporting and KU Basketball. It's a very simple equation.

http://hotsportstopics.com/wp-conten.../peteweber.jpg

LoneWolf 07-23-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9829631)
Any doubt the success will continue? Consider the average age of a Chiefs season ticket holder is over 40 while the same ticket holder for Sporting is around 28. That means lots of young people and young families as opposed to old farts like the haters.

Football is still the most popular game in America. The age of a Chiefs season ticket holders is higher for a couple of reasons. First, the people who hold the prime seats rarely give them up so they stay with the owner as they age. Second, it takes a financial commitment to be a Chiefs season ticket holder. Many mid 20s to mid 30 year olds are raising families and don't want to spend the thousands if dollars it would take to buy season tickets for the entire family. Soccer will never be as popular in the U.S. as football, baseball, or basketball.

Donger 07-23-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9829638)
Sure. Kansas City, MISSOURI.

I wouldn't go to Kansas to take a shit.

I don't understand your hatred for Kansas. It really isn't that much different than Missouri.

Reaper16 07-23-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9829607)
Zach, DEnise, sedated, Wickedson and Reaper.

Yeah, I feel terrible being on the other side of this one LMAO

Damn you. When you put it that way...

Frazod 07-23-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9829649)
I don't understand your hatred for Kansas. It really isn't that much different than Missouri.

Kansas = France

Hope that helps.

memyselfI 07-23-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

You are joking, right? You need to read up on some history of the two places to know just how different they have been and still are. Hint, they don't call it Misery for nothing.

Frazod 07-23-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9829653)
Damn you. When you put it that way...

I understand how the triumverate of lifesuck that is Chiefs/Royals/Mizzou has jaded you (I do suffer from 2/3rds of it) but seriously, responding to it by embracing soccer is like turning gay just because you had bad relationships with three bitchy women.

Time for an intervention, dude. I'll send you a Cardinals hat to wear. Step into the light...... :titus:

Donger 07-23-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9829659)
You are joking, right? You need to read up on some history of the two places to know just how different they have been and still are. Hint, they don't call it Misery for nothing.

I'm well aware of the history.

Setsuna 07-23-2013 02:45 PM

Zoccer jealous Jags owner now owns the EPL Fullham FC. Don't hate son.

Reaper16 07-23-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9829668)
I understand how the triumverate of lifesuck that is Chiefs/Royals/Mizzou has jaded you (I do suffer from 2/3rds of it) but seriously, responding to it by embracing soccer is like turning gay just because you had bad relationships with three bitchy women.

Time for an intervention, dude. I'll send you a Cardinals hat to wear. Step into the light...... :titus:

I would, in all sincerity, suck a few dicks to completion before I became a Cardinals fan. I appreciate the gesture, though.

BigCatDaddy 07-23-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9829684)
I would, in all sincerity, suck a few dicks to completion before I became a Cardinals fan. I appreciate the gesture, though.

You probably just got new rep message from Hootie.

DMAC 07-23-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Obvious troll is obvious.

Mojo Jojo 07-23-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9829638)
Sure. Kansas City, MISSOURI.

I wouldn't go to Kansas to take a shit.

And Kansas Thanks You.

Iowanian 07-23-2013 02:54 PM

I spent an hour at a recent dinner meeting listening to the wheel of a client drone on about soccer.

I don't get it, I don't care for it and I doubt I'd like watching it live, but I admit I can't tell you how many people are even on the field at one time. To me, soccer was something kids and people in 3rd world countries play.

That said, I think it's great that the team in KC is doing so well and the fans of that team are having something to cheer about. It's good for KC. It also proves there is no reason there can't be a winner in other sports there too.