ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Adam Teicher leaving Star for ESPN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275538)

Thig Lyfe 08-23-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9908721)
I didn't read his stuff from the Star. I enjoyed his banter with Petro.

The pseudo-journalist BS on this site is mind-bottling.

CP: "If I had Teicher's job I'd tell every god-damned person the Chiefs' employ that they are worthless piles of shit! I'd tell Clark he's a dumbass! In addition, I'd tell the front office, "Why didn't you draft these guys? You ****ing idiots!!!! It's easy! Aaron Rogers, Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Richard Seymour"

This NFL is so ****ing easy!

As if it's the beat writer's job to express opinions rather than simply report on the goings-on of the team.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 01:41 PM

What the ****? That idiot isn't qualified to write for a newspaper in Atchison and he's going to ESPN?

Dayze 08-23-2013 01:43 PM

thank god

Chiefs Pantalones 08-23-2013 01:45 PM

First Affleck gets the Batman gig, now Teicher gets a job at ESPN? WTF? Well actually ESPN isn't journalistism based anymore so he fits right in.

Stewie 08-23-2013 01:46 PM

I'm curious. Did Adam write articles that were not true? Too much homerism? Didn't align with your beliefs?

It's odd that beat writer gets so much consternation.

ChiefsCountry 08-23-2013 01:47 PM

Key word - ESPN blog.

ESPN is creating blogs for each of the 32 NFL teams.

saphojunkie 08-23-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9908614)
Apparently, the Star is replacing him with a Word 2003 template and a hotkey function.

You are cracking me up today.

saphojunkie 08-23-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9908769)
I'm curious. Did Adam write articles that were not true? Too much homerism? Didn't align with your beliefs?

He was a lazy writer who was bad at putting even simple thought into word.

Thig Lyfe 08-23-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9908769)

It's mainly that people fundamentally misunderstand the job of a beat writer.

But I'm sure there are plenty of beat writers out there who can at least make their work somewhat entertaining. Teicher isn't one of them.

jettio 08-23-2013 02:00 PM

If the guy is not leaving town and still writing about the Chiefs all of the time I would guess that a lot of his stuff will still be read by folks here. We might even have threads about something he writes.

KCDC 08-23-2013 02:01 PM

"Alex Smith Hopes to Prove Critics Wrong"

"GM Supports his #1 Draft Choice"

"KC Fans Hoping for Better Days"

"Players on the Bubble Fight for a Spot on the 53"

"Rookies Are Hoping to Make a Statement"

"Clark Hunt Wants a Winner"

"Chiefs Expect to Improve on their Record Last Year"

I've now done Adam's job with obvious headlines for the next week.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-23-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9908802)
It's mainly that people fundamentally misunderstand the job of a beat writer.

But I'm sure there are plenty of beat writers out there who can at least make their work somewhat entertaining. Teicher isn't one of them.

Twenty-year journalists should be able to rise above the level of "first year technical writing student" in their use of descriptive and engaging language, even when reporting banal issues.

Discuss Thrower 08-23-2013 02:04 PM

Yet another reason why I gave up on that field. Teicher sucked and yet I could never in 30 years get to where he was at the Star.

tomahawk kid 08-23-2013 02:08 PM

Judging by twitter, alot of folks think much more of the garbage Teicher throws out than I do.

Thig Lyfe 08-23-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9908812)
Twenty-year journalists should be able to rise above the level of "first year technical writing student" in their use of descriptive and engaging language, even when reporting banal issues.

Sure. But people moreso slam him for obvious headlines and repetitive angles. Well, sports are pretty obvious and repetitive. I can't really fault him for any of that.

It'll be nice if his replacement can elevate the work on a sentence level, though, for sure.