ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Seriously **** the NY Jets (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275654)

blaise 08-27-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9919755)
Why the **** do you care whether or not the Chiefs get media coverage? For all the bitching people do about the media, they sure do feel a need to be validated by them.

It's one of the worst sports complaints. "Where's our respect!" Win games, who cares what else happens.

Dylan 08-27-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken2 (Post 9919687)
Keep it in prospective, You're Kansas City...Middle America...the East and West Coast Media doesn't care about you till you win. Small market vs Big Market, short and Sweet...Go Jets

So, are you saying the only teams the media cares about are teams that resides on the east and west coast and wins Super Bowls? Very interesting.

It has been reported multiple times that the Giants are very happy to fly under the radar - Locally and nationally.

The sports media always wind up looking like fools at the end of the season with all their posturing and constant predictions. I look at it as the ‘kiss of death.’

TribalElder 08-27-2013 06:52 PM

With the farmers almanac predicting a cold storm at the Super Bowl this year in new York how many analysts are ruling out manning face based on his total suck age in the cold weather

Dylan 08-27-2013 06:53 PM

Peyton is headed to the Super Bowl?

TribalElder 08-27-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 9919880)
Peyton is headed to the Super Bowl?

Yes, he will be watching LMAO

TribalElder 08-27-2013 06:56 PM

From papa johns suite
http://www.papajohns.com/franchise/i...franchisee.png

lcarus 08-27-2013 06:57 PM

I wasn't complaining about how they get attention and we don't. I know the drill. They're just going way overboard at the moment and it's frustrating. But of course I like to point out how if the same thing was happening in KC, the media wouldn't care. That isn't whining that's just stating a fact.

Dylan 08-27-2013 06:58 PM

TribalElder: LMAO

Rasputin 08-27-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9919890)
I wasn't complaining about how they get attention and we don't. I know the drill. They're just going way overboard at the moment and it's frustrating. But of course I like to point out how if the same thing was happening in KC, the media wouldn't care. That isn't whining that's just stating a fact.

Yes, but at the same time if all that drama was happening here would you want to constantly hear about it? **** that noise.

Al Bundy 08-27-2013 06:59 PM

ESPN lacks any creativity. All the people who are in charge there know is New York, Los Angeles, Boston and Miami. They are just lazy and simply aren't creative enough to cover the entire country.

lcarus 08-27-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9919895)
Yes, but at the same time if all that drama was happening here would you want to constantly hear about it? **** that noise.

I wouldn't want to. Nope.

DaneMcCloud 08-27-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9919898)
ESPN lacks any creativity. All the people who are in charge there know is New York, Los Angeles, Boston and Miami. They are just lazy and simply aren't creative enough to cover the entire country.

It's called "ratings"

Nightfyre 08-27-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9919885)
Yes, he will be watching LMAO

He probably already bought his tickets - and has paramedics on standby for when he chokes on his hot dog.

Rasputin 08-27-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9919900)
I wouldn't want to. Nope.

That is my point. During the time of Pioli/Haley I found it quite embarrassing to hear all of what was happening then talk about the candy wrappers and spy cameras or tapping phone conspiracy it was like WTF is going on here? I'd much rather hear good news than bad new about the Chiefs any day of the week. OTOH I love hearing shit about Raider or shit about Broncos or any other team in the NFL. They can be bashed all day every day. So I'm happy keeping the Chiefs out of the network spectrum but it is good to hear good news once in a while that makes headlines.

MMXcalibur 08-27-2013 07:21 PM

Short answer: Ratings

Medium length answer: New York

Longer answer: New York = ratings

You can do what I, and I'm sure a lot of people have done though: don't turn on ESPN except for live games. They see you tune in, they're going to keep feeding us the same senseless crap they always have. This is why Skip Bayless is allowed to troll the airwaves, unabated.