ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What is something that is secretly cool about your job? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276136)

vailpass 09-11-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9963888)
I work from home writing software. I left a decent job for a really lucrative job without the cube-farm/drive/assholes. Well, there are a few assholes when I have to deal with them. No getting away from that!

Good on you. I can't imagine not working from home though I respect those who don't.

Rasputin 09-11-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9963801)
The ballots that you fill out on election day? I count them.

Is your name Chad? From the Florida elections?

Stewie 09-11-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9963893)
Good on you. I can't imagine not working from home though I respect those who don't.

It was 22 years working in that environment. I jumped at the chance.

Bwana 09-11-2013 04:25 PM

I get to wear jeans every day. (I hate dress pants, ties and the rest of that crap.) I put all my expenses on my Capital One card and get reimbursed every week, by doing this, I acquire a boat load of points for airline travel for free. I keep refineries, mines and power plants from blowing up at startups, which can be a challenge at times, but I really enjoy all the detail.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

vailpass 09-11-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9963903)
It was 22 years working in that environment. I jumped at the chance.

Make the most of it. Once you get the taste it's very hard to go back, I would think.

vailpass 09-11-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9963906)
I get to wear jeans every day. (I hate dress pants, ties and the rest of that crap.) I put all my expenses on my Capital One card and get reimbursed every week, by doing this, I acquire a boat load of points for airline travel for free. I keep refineries, mines and power plants from blowing up at startups, which can be a challenge at times, but I really enjoy all the detail.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Cool. Plus you are in God's country.

The Franchise 09-11-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9963901)
Is your name Chad? From the Florida elections?

**** that stupid state. Do you know how much shit the elections division gets because of those ****tards?

The Franchise 09-11-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9963889)
She picked up her keys yesterday, but I have not seen her yet.

Purchase of plane tickets on hold until confirmation.

scho63 09-11-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9963805)
THAT is a great gig. Who do you work for?

It's a small growing company of just around 20 people. Been here for over 2 years and we are now growing. If I put the company's name or even what we do out there, I would expose myself and not in good way. :D

It's a blue collar business but we are sales driven.

Bwana 09-11-2013 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9963909)
Cool. Plus you are in God's country.

That doesn't hurt. :thumb: On a side note, I got the pint koozie's, very nice. I'll be breaking them in soon.

vailpass 09-11-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9963928)
That doesn't hurt. :thumb: On a side note, I got the pint koozie's, very nice. I'll be breaking them in soon.

NICE!

scho63 09-11-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9963808)
I own a couple of small businesses. The main benefit is being your own boss, which can be a blessing or a curse.

I could say my favorite benefit is that I never have to purchase alcohol. We put on a number of high dollar fundraising events which I control the catering. When ever we get the opportunity to control the bar I play bartender and basically purchase what I want. Any left overs go home with me. I don't really over purchase, but there are times when people just are not in the mood to drink and I really score some great stuff. I have not bought a bottle of wine or beer in years. When people come to the house they are always amazed at my selection. This is more difficult with hard liquor, but when the right event comes along I stock up. I've built a nice scotch collection over the years.

Another benefit is that I have a client who invites me to a number of "business" functions. That's usually 3 or 4 college football games, and one 4-5 day no expense sparred business trip. I actually get to help select the city, which is typically based upon what NFL game is going on. This has allowed me to attend most stadium in the destination cities in the country.

NICE!!! :clap:

ToxSocks 09-11-2013 04:51 PM

1. I get to meet sports figures as well as affluent, important people whom you would never otherwise know were important.

2. I get to talk about cars with people everyday

3. I get to go to shows all over the state/city and sometimes out of state too

4. I pretty much make my own hours, take lunch breaks when ever/however

5. I can **** off on CP because no one is here looking.....

prhom 09-11-2013 05:14 PM

We used to have free massages in the office once a week, now they are once a month and we have to pay. Still, we have a dedicated office for it and its nice to just take a 30 min break like that during the day.

I also get to travel to interesting places that would be really expensive to get to on my own. Not typical tourist destinations, but interesting nonetheless.

vailpass 09-11-2013 05:17 PM

I can smoke, drink, get blow jobs in my"office".