ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Based on the outcome of this game, how real are these Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276437)

Mr. Laz 09-19-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9993338)
Its true. he did miss some pretty easy passes vs the Cowboys.

he did ... just needs to go back to work and practice throwing on the run to get the footwork back down. Not a huge deal but an area that needs to improve.

Oline stop giving up the easy blitz and Smith starts hitting those passes on the move, defenses won't be so anxious to blitz.

Make them pay a few times and they will start dropping back into zones.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-19-2013 11:55 AM

Soul for Real.

Mav 09-19-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9993345)
can remember 2 rollouts missing... one was like a 10-15 yard comeback to a WR at the sideline.. the other was to Fasano on an out (I think)...

can't recall any scramble dump-offs missed... one to the RB Gray on 3rd and long was 1 handed and really, the RB should easily have adjusted better to it.. :hmmm:

He nearly threw a pick six that was just an awful decision, on that roll out you are referring to, he ground balled it. It was horrible.

I mean in all honesty, its nothing that doesn't happen to every qb in every game. But, its always something to work to get better on. the better the passing game gets, the quicker the running game will come together.

J Diddy 09-19-2013 12:56 PM

Even good teams lose. Hell the undefeated Packers lost to Crennel Chiefs in what ushered in the era of supreme patheticism.

Only way I'll be disappointed if we get smacked around. Good teams play consistently good, especially on the road.

keg in kc 09-19-2013 01:11 PM

I don't think tonight's outcome will have much of an impact on how legit they are. It's so early in the season.

Hammock Parties 09-19-2013 01:12 PM

My Chiefs are like a storybook story.

But they're as real as the feelings I feel.

ChiefsCountry 09-19-2013 01:13 PM

You want to know how good a team is wait until January.

Rasputin 09-19-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9993537)
I don't think tonight's outcome will have much of an impact on how legit they are. It's so early in the season.

This and short week.

I'm trying not to put much stock in this game just because of the short week and dynamics of the game. The guys are going play hard for Andy on his homecoming but the players he coached for the Eagles are going do the same. I'm anticipating a hard hitting game with lots of flags for stupid bonehead things.

Stinger 09-19-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9993554)
This and short week.

I'm trying not to put much stock in this game just because of the short week and dynamics of the game. The guys are going play hard for Andy on his homecoming but the players he coached for the Eagles are going do the same. I'm anticipating a hard hitting game with lots of flags for stupid bonehead things.

This is my exact line of thinking as well
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy 09-19-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9993554)
This and short week.

I would at first glance be inclined to think that the advantage goes to Reid due to his knowledge of player personnel. That being said, it is a short week, they are playing at a hostile stadium with some hate for the Reid.

I just hope nobody gets ****ing broken.

Lightrise 09-19-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9992891)
Assume the following scenarios:

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles.

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles.

In any of these four scenarios, what would your assessment be of how good this Chiefs team is?

I see #3. I think we're better than it appears. I just think the short week is a huge disadvantage for a team just beginning to feel its way. I think the changes have been tougher for the Chiefs because they had to be so comprehensive. I don't think this new offense will last long term, but it doesn't have to. If they can steal a few wins it will get them in the playoffs. I just don't think we're ready to tackle something like this on a short week. I would see the game very differently later in the season.

One other thing I noticed is that the current roster is noticeably older than before. Not saying that's a bad thing, only that I believe Dorsey will continue to make changes regularly for many years to come. It's as if he knows you have to be young, but not too young. When you reflect you realize that Marty and Carl saw this similarly. You go to far in either direction it blows up. So I'm now seeing this last draft in less confident ways. The picks I want to see more of are Catapano and Kush. I'm done with Hudson and about to give up on Asamoah too.

rabblerouser 09-19-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9992895)
KC is only as good as how far their QB can take them.

as is every NFL team.

ChiefGator 09-19-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9992980)
The thing that has me 'very superstitious' is that in, like, forever, the ONLY coach who beat his former team the first time he faced them with his new team was way back when Ditka beat the Bears with his Saints.

Holmgren. And since him there have only been two cases of facing the head coaches former team, and both those lost. 1 out of 3 is just a roll of the dice.

BigCatDaddy 09-19-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9992895)
KC is only as good as how far their QB can take them.

We're ****ed.

oldman 09-19-2013 03:17 PM

I don't think #4 is realistic, only because of our D. That is unless the offense can't get anything going. I see the Philly D somewhere between Dallas and Jax and we had a least one sharp drive against both.
Option #1 might be a little far-fetched right now.
While I'd like to see #2, I'll be OK with #3. Both would show the team is headed in the right direction.