ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Flesh-Eating Drug Krokodil Finally Shows Up in the US (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276710)

BigCatDaddy 09-27-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10024494)
When I was a kid, they showed us pictures of what meth can do, and I was like...why the **** would anyone want to do that? What high is worth THAT? But, people use it anyway. It's a sad statement on the state of mind of a person to feel that they have to use this shit anyway, regardless of the consequences. Just friggin' horrible.

I can't imagine what would lead to that.

I don't know if things have changed since the old "Just say no" days. But they never really educated us on what each drug is, what it does, and what side effects it may have had. It's just a general blanket statement and really what kid just does what they are told to do because well someone said so? So naturally being curious I experimented with stuff and learned things on my own. I don't know if I would NOT experimentated otherwise, but I think some more specific education MIGHT help rather than just saying don't do "drugs" when "drugs" can be and do so many different things.

Of course the internet in now available if you have those questions I suppose.

The Franchise 09-27-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10024509)
I don't know if things have changed since the old "Just say no" days. But they never really educated us on what each drug is, what it does, and what side effects it may have had. It's just a general blanket statement and really what kid just does what they are told to do because well someone said so? So naturally being curious I experimented with stuff and learned things on my own. I don't know if I would NOT experimentated otherwise, but I think some more specific education MIGHT help rather than just saying don't do "drugs" when "drugs" can be and do so many different things.

This.

I got the usual blanket statement of just say no....my entire way through school. The first time I smoked pot....I thought they had no clue what the **** they were talking about. That shit branched out into other drugs that I tried. Luckily I never got any of the "harmful side effects" that they talked about....but eventually I came to the realization that I wasn't going to go anywhere in life doing what I was doing.

NewChief 09-27-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10024509)

Yeah, in some sense, pot was a gateway drug for me. I'd been told all these ridiculous falsehoods and exaggerations about marijuana as a child growing up in the "Just Say No" decade. When I started investigating on my own, I found out a lot of that stuff was bullshit. It then led to me doubting what I'd been told about other drugs as well (some of which was actually legitimate).

There's also the idea of being the exception. Sure, you see that happen with some people, but those are probably worse case scenarios.. no one ever thinks it's going to happen to them.

The Franchise 09-27-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10024519)
Yeah, in some sense, pot was a gateway drug for me. I'd been told all these ridiculous falsehoods and exaggerations about marijuana as a child growing up in the "Just Say No" decade. When I started investigating on my own, I found out a lot of that stuff was bullshit. It then led to me doubting what I'd been told about other drugs as well (some of which was actually legitimate).

There's also the idea of being the exception. Sure, you see that happen with some people, but those are probably worse case scenarios.. no one ever thinks it's going to happen to them.

Pot was definitely a gateway drug for me. I ended up trying a TON of drugs from the ages of 14-21.

MOhillbilly 09-27-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 10024477)
:spock: I'm really not sure if you're just trolling or not.

I really hope you are.

I'm not and you aren't gonna change my mind about it either.

lcarus 09-27-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10024065)
No I'm saying I have a concern for all children, even those that don't have the advantages mine do.

I thought Broncos fans wished all the children of the world dead. That's what CP led me to believe anyway.

seclark 09-27-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10024542)

send me that documentary when you're done w/it, bro.
sec

AussieChiefsFan 09-27-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10024542)

Watch the short documentary when you have a moment and tell me you don't feel any sympathy for them.

Obviously, some people abuse drugs for no good reason, but many are drawn into that kind of life.

AussieChiefsFan 09-27-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 10024549)
sec

Like someone earlier said, just Google Krokodil Tears. Click on the result from vine.com.

MOhillbilly 09-27-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 10024560)
Watch the short documentary when you have a moment and tell me you don't feel any sympathy for them.

Obviously, some people abuse drugs for no good reason, but many are drawn into that kind of life.

Dude, I grew up in the culture. There are few things about drug use and abuse that are goin to be an epiphany in my world.

MOhillbilly 09-27-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 10024549)
sec

LMAO

The Franchise 09-27-2013 10:44 AM

<script height="360px" width="640px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=YjMwNmI4YjU2MGM5ZWRjMzRmMjljMjc5&ec=Yzd2F5MjqzY4AEmKc8yp5RYTPUMbBDen"></script>

The Franchise 09-27-2013 10:45 AM

I'm interested to know what kind of high it gives you. Is it supposed to be similar to heroin?

lcarus 09-27-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10024575)
I'm interested to know what kind of high it gives you. Is it supposed to be similar to heroin?

Supposedly yes. I've heard it's stronger than heroin.

AussieChiefsFan 09-27-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10024563)
Dude, I grew up in the culture. There are few things about drug use and abuse that are goin to be an epiphany in my world.

Fair enough.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, and I don't know anything about what you grew up around, but the particular city visited in that documentary looks like, and in many ways is a 3rd world environment. Very tough situations for those people.

I'm not saying you have to watch it or anything, but if you did, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.