ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Entire offense is a mess ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277401)

crossbow 10-13-2013 07:24 PM

The weird thing about it is how each game is like an Ali v. Forman "rope a dope" fight. We just dance around until the end and then go ape shit. Also, the defense explodes into turnover mode in the last quarter and tears the heart out of the opponent's offense.

GloryDayz 10-13-2013 07:24 PM

This just in, Tom Brady's so impressed, he said Alex can **** his wife in the butt....

You'd never know I don't dislike the guy, I just think he has dome issues.

petegz28 10-13-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10083241)
OK, you win, he's awesome, best QB ever, lighting up the stats, he's so awesome he can **** my hot coworker (if can hit one of the holes), he's headed to the HOF in the "Game Manager" corridor, Manning can only hope to rise to his level!

But I expect the state trooper to pull me over and thank me the next time I pay a toll! After all, it's what I'm supposed to do, but we should all get verbal blow jobs when we do our jobs..

We're 6-0 and I'm not sure why we even bother to practice because, well, we're 6-0 so we're perfect!

whatever man

KCBOSS1 10-13-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10083247)
This just in, Tom Brady's so impressed, he said Alex can **** his wife in the butt....

You'd never know I don't dislike the guy, I just think he has dome issues.

senseless

petegz28 10-13-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10083237)
Alex has played fairly dependably, but today wasn't a good game. It happens.

On the one hand, it's encouraging that the defense is good enough to carry us. It's encouraging that we are winning even though the offense is a long way from having played a great game.

If the offense were hitting on all cylinders we'd be hammering teams by 20 points every week, and that just doesn't happen very often in the NFL.

The line play has been poor, no question about it, but it's still his job to perform.

I have said he had a shit game today. It was his worst as a Chief. It is going to happen. Unlike Cassel among others, even when he is having a bad day he doesn't shit his pants and cost us the game.

It's like people are mad because our strength is our D. When we go against a team like Denver, this offense is going to be exactly what we need. Dink, dunk, eat the clock and keep Manning on the bench then turn our D loose.
They need to get it together but overall that is how we are going to beat a Peyton Manning.

keg in kc 10-13-2013 07:32 PM

The concern for me is that as soon as they began to play more competent defensive teams, they began regressing. And don't mistake "competent defense" for "good defense". The Jaguars, Eagles, Cowboys and Giants are all terrible. Tennessee and Oakland are better, but we're talking middle of the pack at best.

This offense made some of the league's worse defenses look competent. And then did nothing against the Titans and Raiders. And that's not me bitching, that's just me stating fact. It's very troubling to me. There should be some sign that things are getting better, but there aren't any. At all.

DaneMcCloud 10-13-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10083208)
going forward it's a major concern

I remember people saying the same thing back in '03 when they thought that special teams would continue to save us.

It didn't and this offense is going to cost us too if it doesn't improve.

At some point, Childress, Ault and Reid will need to make some bold changes on the offensive line, whether it's benching Allen and Fisher (and maybe Asamoah) or moving guys around.

Dorsey needs to start signing receivers and TE's off of practice squads because neither group is cutting it.

It's possible this team wins 12 or more games due to this defense and Jamaal Charles. But a Super Bowl is unlikely unless the offense turns it around.

And yes, I believe this defense can carry the Chiefs to a Super Bowl.

splatbass 10-13-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10083168)
Well how many 3-and-outs did he "game manage" us into today. We get your point, but part of managing the game is staying on the field when your D is gassed.

Our D seems to have been as strong in the 4th as in the 1st in every game so far this season. I haven't seen them get gassed yet.

bricks 10-13-2013 07:38 PM

I thought we had a lot of breakdowns in pass protection.

It all starts with the blocking upfront. The pocket was collapsing on Smith quite a bit today. He didn't look comfortable and couldn't settle in. I thought there were a lot of times where he didn't set his feet properly which would explain why his throws were a bit off.

I think our receivers suck. It just frustrated the heck out of me that these guys can't separate. Sure the Raiders dbs can cover well when that happens.

FloridaMan88 10-13-2013 07:38 PM

Is Fasano almost ready to return? Seemed like his injury initially wouldn't force him to miss much time, but it has been a month now.

CaliforniaChief 10-13-2013 07:40 PM

This was not a good performance at all, offensively.

Smith was not accurate, not even on the close routes. The only time I said "good throw" was the one to Bowe where he put it right in front of him. Other than that, he was too high, wide, etc.

The pass to Avery was an easy TD that was blown (on the deep route in the 4th.)

The offense is out of rhythm and needs to get out of it fast.

Marcellus 10-13-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10083287)
Is Fasano almost ready to return? Seemed like his injury initially wouldn't force him to miss much time, but it has been a month now.

Being serious, we are probably 1 Atlanta loss away from TG being trade to KC.

It makes too much sense both ways and Tony looks like the hero he always want to look like.

KC_Lee 10-13-2013 07:42 PM

25 for 75 on third down conversions, for the season, is a bit concerning. IIRC KC went 1for 15 on third down against TN.

CaliforniaChief 10-13-2013 07:48 PM

Yeah, here I go again. I hope Tony Gonzalez was watching that game thinking about how amazing this defense is and how just improving the offense to serviceable could send this team to the Super Bowl he covets so badly.

But today I think we saw that defenses can really limit our offense by just taking the TE out of the game. McGrath was nowhere to be seen today.

GloryDayz 10-13-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10083272)
Our D seems to have been as strong in the 4th as in the 1st in every game so far this season. I haven't seen them get gassed yet.

A couple of us made the observation at 12:54 and 12:55 today. Perhaps they weren't. Some thought gassed, some thought they were just getting more pissed with the offense..