ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy blames himself, not Alex, for Chiefs' sputtering offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277519)

InChiefsHeaven 10-16-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10091330)
Tons of people have already brought this up, but it bears repeating.

"Game manager" is code for "shitty QB" these days, but that's not what the term originally meant.

If you're looking for the term of a QB whose only good qualities are playing it safe, not turning the ball over, and keeping the offense on track and commanding the huddle, it's far more accurate to use the term "placeholder."

Right now Alex Smith is being a placeholder for the offense, which absolutely sucks if that's all he can do for us. He can be and has been a very good game manager in the best sense of the word, which is really putting him in the top 10-15 discussion of QBs.

This. I've always thought that a QB who was smart, methodical and accurate, and occasionally take a shot was a game manager. No gunslinging, willing to throw it away, or even take a sack. Alex is like that on steroids. He's really looked bad the last couple of games. Hope he can get back to actually being a game manager and not a survivor.

Mr. Laz 10-16-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10091143)
Avery has been getting open on the deep routes but Smith is just missing him. Last week he had a long TD if the ball isn't overthrown.

link?

KCCrusader 10-16-2013 12:50 PM

The keyboard geniuses in here who keep ragging on Alex and the Chiefs offense need to sut the **** up and learn the virtue of patience!!!!!!! This is ****ing YEAR ONE of Dorsey & Reid's rebuild with Alex at the helm of a POS 2012 2-14 disaster leagues worst NFL team!!!!!!! Give them all a chance to improve the product you ****ing reeruns it takes time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collectively they are all just 6 games into YEAR ONE OF A REBUILD Alex is only 29 just hitting his prime Reid is a good coach and Dorsey is a good talent evaluator. Going forward things are looking way up for the Chiefs now. In the off season expect lots of fine tuning to the offense the OL the WR group will all be upgraded YEAR ONE it's going to get better you dumbass bitches!!!!!!!

The Franchise 10-16-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCCrusader (Post 10091468)
The keyboard geniuses in here who keep ragging on Alex and the Chiefs offense need to sut the **** up and learn the virtue of patience!!!!!!! This is ****ing YEAR ONE of Dorsey & Reid's rebuild with Alex at the helm of a POS 2012 2-14 disaster leagues worst NFL team!!!!!!! Give them all a chance to improve the product you ****ing reeruns it takes time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collectively they are all just 6 games into YEAR ONE OF A REBUILD Alex is only 29 just hitting his prime Reid is a good coach and Dorsey is a good talent evaluator. Going forward things are looking way up for the Chiefs now. In the off season expect lots of fine tuning to the offense the OL the WR group will all be upgraded YEAR ONE it's going to get better you dumbass bitches!!!!!!!

Die in a fire.

keg in kc 10-16-2013 01:04 PM

Not having explosive players does not preclude an offense from being either efficient or productive.

Although, frankly, they do have explosive players. Avery certainly is. Christ, he's averaging 17 yards a catch. And he actually has been behind the defense a number of times, but Smith simply can't get the ball there. That has to be a major part of the problem at this point: when your QB physically can't throw a pass longer than about 30 yards, the defense doesn't have to work real hard to keep everything in front of them.

But I think the biggest problem right now, aside from the line play on the first three drives Sunday (which did clear up after that point) is that Smith has suddenly become wildly inaccurate. He's even missing on the short passes now.

KCCrusader 10-16-2013 01:04 PM

Andy Reid confirms right here everything i have been telling the Alex haters...

"Alex is a stud!"...hahaha suck that haters!!!!!!!!!!!

You morons bashing Alex for the offense sputtering shut the **** up Alex doesn't call the ****ing plays and that is another huge factor Reid has been calling a conservative game not Alex you fools!!!!!!

IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS REBUILDING OFF OF A 2-14 POS...

Quote:

"Not turning the ball over is very important to us," Reid said, "especially when you have a solid defense like we have and the kicking game we have, both from our punter and our kicker."

In that respect, Smith is giving Reid all he needs, even if the offense has that familiar conservative look of the '90s. After all, there is a fine line between wanting more offensive production, and opening the offense up so much that more turnovers occur. Reid isn't likely to stand for that.

"You want to always start off by protecting the ball," Reid said. "There's no fine line there for me. ...

"Alex is doing that. And we need to point out the way Alex continues to manage this offense."

And that is the key in Reid's mind: He simply wants Smith to manage the game, which also includes managing the different personalities in the huddle.

"We've got a guy at quarterback, this kid, he's a stud," Reid said. "The things he does for this team is unbelievable. He's making people around him better. He takes the blame for things -- that's what good leaders do.

"At the same time, he's able to teach and explain to other guys with a clear head. Those are valuable things for us as coaches to see. I'm very pleased with the job (Smith) is doing."

In Reid's mind, let the other quarterbacks around the league possess the pretty passing numbers; Reid will take the ultimate one that counts. That is, for now, 6-0.

keg in kc 10-16-2013 01:07 PM

Hey look, it's a new mult. Who is it this time?

KCUnited 10-16-2013 01:09 PM

Barrysmethpipe

Dartgod 10-16-2013 01:12 PM

KCCrusader sure is a miserable user.

Make it happen, Mods!

KCCrusader 10-16-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10091480)
Die in a fire.

Been here a week and here's the biggest ****ing creep so far Pestilence i seen on the board, and there have been many, he looks like a ****ing pedophile in a van selling candy from where else Nor Cal LMFAO!!!!!!!

Mav 10-16-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCCrusader (Post 10091538)
Been here a week and here's the biggest ****ing creep so far Pestilence i seen on the board, and there have been many, he looks like a ****ing pedophile in a van selling candy from where else Nor Cal LMFAO!!!!!!!

im afraid your chances of surviving another week, aren't so great.

hometeam 10-16-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10091521)
Hey look, it's a new mult. Who is it this time?

I will go straight to the blackbob.

Bearcat 10-16-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10091536)

Make it happen, Mods!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

wink wink

KCCrusader 10-16-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10091536)

Make it happen, Mods!

KCCrusader in 1 week has easily proven to be one of the most knowledgable and loyal Chiefs fans on the board. Zero chance the great KCCrusader ever gets banned asshole!!!!!!!!!

ChiefsCountry 10-16-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10091554)
I have no idea what you're talking about.

wink wink

Is it a mult or just an idiot?