ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gonzalez needs to come home (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278024)

CaliforniaChief 10-28-2013 01:17 PM

Patteau, I respect your points. I don't agree with them. Flowers is a leader on that team. He's no idiot. He knows what they have, and who Gonzo is. But hey, praise God this will all be resolved in just over 24 hours, trade or no trade.

Wallcrawler 10-28-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10134340)
The media's been bleating about this for a few weeks now. In all that time, I haven't heard Gonzalez say anything but "I want to stay in Atlanta." Not a peep about his time in Kansas City, not a word about how much he appreciated the fans, not a sound about his legacy as a Chief. Why?

Because he doesn't give a **** about Kansas City. Or its fans. Or his legacy as a Chief. He cares about his legacy as Tony Gonzalez. The end.

If he comes back, he comes back. I'll welcome him because we need him. But if Arrowhead had been swallowed by a giant sinkhole yesterday when it was full of fans, he wouldn't have given two shits.

BIG

****ING

DEAL

Some of you guys act like Tony owes this organization something. If anything, its quite the other way around.

Sorry that you all got your little feelings hurt when Tony left to try to get a ring after languishing for most of his hall of fame career here with an organization that cared more about its bottom line than making a championship run.

He put in the ****ing WORK here. He worked his ****ing ass off, stayed late, worked on his game, and became the best in the ****ing business, and this organization let him down. He had every right after being here for so ****ing long and getting dicked around by King Carl to try his hand somewhere else.

You know Goddamn well that Tony Gonzalez was not winning a superbowl had he stayed here. Period. End of ****ing story, if you even attempt to say otherwise, just go ahead and flush what credibility you have down the shitter.

Dude doesn't have to talk about his time here, he doesn't have to talk about old hat. Half the bullshit that comes out of the mouths of these players in public anyway is all PC lip service. What the hell was he supposed to say? I loved being the best player at my position despite rarely having a competent QB, and never once winning a playoff game in over a decade? WHEW! Whats not to love there eh?

All he needs to do is produce on the football field, which he is still doing at a very high level, and his position just so happens to be the one that Alex Smith's efficiency hinges on. If we can get the guy in here, it would be huge for this offense.

People need to drop the Grandpa Dick schtick. Oh he's not a nice guy! He hurt my feelings because he bailed on our AIDS infested dumpster fire of an organization that never made a real attempt at a championship run in his entire tenure here. DO NOT WANT!!

Take that noise the **** on, because its ****ing ridiculous.

Tony set the bar for the TE position during his career here, and the dude is still a force on the field. Why anyone would not want that ability, and that presence on the field for this offense is quite beyond my comprehension, especially for something SO ****ING PETTY as "he didn't say anything about us! waaaaah!".

It would also be win win for a lot of you little butthurt Tony haters here as well, because if and when the team did lose, you all could pound your little chests and blame it all on Tony G and tell us all about how you told us how bad of an idea it was to bring him in.

Sweet baby Jesus. I don't know what the hell the issue is here. Getting Tony Gonzalez on the field with this offense is a no brainer. If it is possible to get done for fair value on what remains of this season, it has to get done.

Even if he didn't ask to come here. Dude wants to win.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10134492)
Gonzalez is still a top 10-TE in the NFL. Watch how defenses literally give up two defenders to ride him doggy-style on every play. He's experienced, physical, smart, and a witch in the red zone/3rd down.

But yeah, let's save that 5th or 6th round pick for a backup FB from Southwest Alaska State.

LMAO.

We really need to relinquish the draft.

Carlota69 10-28-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10134502)
BIG

****ING

DEAL

Some of you guys act like Tony owes this organization something. If anything, its quite the other way around.

Sorry that you all got your little feelings hurt when Tony left to try to get a ring after languishing for most of his hall of fame career here with an organization that cared more about its bottom line than making a championship run.

He put in the ****ing WORK here. He worked his ****ing ass off, stayed late, worked on his game, and became the best in the ****ing business, and this organization let him down. He had every right after being here for so ****ing long and getting dicked around by King Carl to try his hand somewhere else.

You know Goddamn well that Tony Gonzalez was not winning a superbowl had he stayed here. Period. End of ****ing story, if you even attempt to say otherwise, just go ahead and flush what credibility you have down the shitter.

Dude doesn't have to talk about his time here, he doesn't have to talk about old hat. Half the bullshit that comes out of the mouths of these players in public anyway is all PC lip service. What the hell was he supposed to say? I loved being the best player at my position despite rarely having a competent QB, and never once winning a playoff game in over a decade? WHEW! Whats not to love there eh?

All he needs to do is produce on the football field, which he is still doing at a very high level, and his position just so happens to be the one that Alex Smith's efficiency hinges on. If we can get the guy in here, it would be huge for this offense.

People need to drop the Grandpa Dick schtick. Oh he's not a nice guy! He hurt my feelings because he bailed on our AIDS infested dumpster fire of an organization that never made a real attempt at a championship run in his entire tenure here. DO NOT WANT!!

Tony set the bar for the TE position during his career here, and the dude is still a force on the field. Why anyone would not want that ability, and that presence on the field for this offense is quite beyond my comprehension, especially for something SO ****ING PETTY as "he didn't say anything about us! waaaaah!".

It would also be win win for a lot of you little butthurt Tony haters here as well, because if and when the team did lose, you all could pound your little chests and blame it all on Tony G and tell us all about how you told us how bad of an idea it was to bring him in.

Sweet baby Jesus. I don't know what the hell the issue is here. Getting Tony Gonzalez on the field with this offense is a no brainer. If it is possible to get done for fair value on what remains of this season, it has to get done.

Marry me.o:-)

Frazod 10-28-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

BIG

****ING

DEAL

Hey reerun, I want him back. I'm just not all gushy over it.

Learn to ****ing read.

patteeu 10-28-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

BIG

****ING

DEAL

Your love letter made me cry a little.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10134515)

Learn to ****ing read.

Exactly. There is no emotion about this for me at all. It's pure ****ing business.

It's the Tessio-move. Tessio was always the smart one.

Frazod 10-28-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10134524)
Exactly. There is no emotion about this for me at all. It's pure ****ing business.

It's the Tessio-move. Tessio was always the smart one.

Exactly. He's a hired gun that we need. So hire him.

Let's hope that it works out before for us than it did Tessio. :D

Halfcan 10-28-2013 01:27 PM

Tony is still one of the top ten and other teams would have to game plan for him. COME ON CHIEFS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

007 10-28-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10134511)
Marry me.o:-)

LMAO

Wallcrawler 10-28-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10134515)

Learn to ****ing read.

Im not reeruned.

Im a very special boy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10134530)
Exactly. He's a hired gun that we need. So hire him.

Let's hope that it works out before for us than it did Tessio. :D

I like to think that Tessio drove off in that car, had a contingency plan, and spent the rest of his years drinking margaritas in the sun.

Yep, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

King_Chief_Fan 10-28-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

BIG

****ING

DEAL

what are you babbling about? Neither owes anything. The organization gave him what he wanted...a chance to win a championship by being traded to Atlanta. Too bad they weren't good enough. It isn't like we traded him to the Jaguars or anything. Tony don't owe, ....organiztion does not owe

-King- 10-28-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10134418)
I don't like mortgaging any part of the future just for the sake of doing something.

A conditional 5th or 6th is mortgaging the future? 8 regular season games + playoff games of TG would be a better investment of the pick than just about any player we pick up in the draft with it.

Frazod 10-28-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10134546)
I like to think that Tessio drove off in that car, had a contingency plan, and spent the rest of his years drinking margaritas in the sun.

Yep, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

I figure he got the cannoli treatment, they just didn't show it.