ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCW: Week 10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278333)

Anyong Bluth 11-05-2013 03:47 PM

EDIT: post in wrong thread.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-05-2013 04:19 PM

Chargers 35 Denver 28

RealSNR 11-05-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10162673)
Seems to me that many are hoping for an injury to Manning... hell of a strategy.

You're forgetting that the Chiefs only play backup QBs.

Not looking good for Jughead...

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10163042)
You're forgetting that the Chiefs only play backup QBs.

Not looking good for Jughead...

Brock has been learning the ropes and looks a near image to Peyton in practice only with a stronger arm/MileKnowhefmo

Frazod 11-05-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10162946)
Meh, I am no pizza snob and some of them places really are pretty pricy without the service level of the others. I like Rosati's and Lou Malnatis, but I wouldn't pay a nickel more for it than Papa Johns. I like the pepper and garlic butter sauce as well. :D Oh, and a pizza should be sliced like a pie, not in little squares!

Oh and MHM, if you don't speak to companies with your consumer choices, then YOU are GAY!

I don't think I've ever eaten pizza from ANY neighborhood place that wasn't better than Papa Johns, Pizza Hut or Abonimos. Frankly I don't know how they stay in business up here.

loochy 11-05-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10163100)
I don't think I've ever eaten pizza from ANY neighborhood place that wasn't better than Papa Johns, Pizza Hut or Abonimos. Frankly I don't know how they stay in business up here.

Tell me what is better and why. I'm curious, not arguing. I haven't found anything that I don't like about Papa John's.

MagicHef 11-05-2013 04:43 PM

The last 2 weeks have been 3rd stringers, so Brock would have to get injured, too.

Or play so badly that Del Rio named Dysert the starter.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10163105)
The last 2 weeks have been 3rd stringers, so Brock would have to get injured, too.

Or play so badly that Del Rio named Dysert the starter.

Who was the guy here that was on Dysert's nuts in the draft?

Sannyasi 11-05-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10162764)
I think it was Tamba's kids or something like that. I never liked their pizza to start with and after 1000 manning commercials-even less.

Its actually Bowe's charity.

Frazod 11-05-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10163102)
Tell me what is better and why. I'm curious, not arguing. I haven't found anything that I don't like about Papa John's.

The best thing about Chicago is the pizza. The difference between a good Chicago-area pizzeria and Papa John's is like the difference between McDonalds and family restaurant that's been in business for decades and survives on word of mouth advertising. I don't make them, so I couldn't tell you the actual differences, except that there is no comparison when it comes to taste.

I've eaten Papa John's before, and it's not like I projectile vomited afterward. It was okay. Crappy pizza is (for the most part) still decent, just like a Burger King burger is okay. But there's no need to settle for "okay" up here when you can get "very good" to "great" pretty much anywhere.

Mile High Mania 11-05-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10163100)

You're in CHI right? There's no reason to ever eat pizza from one of the chains.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2013 04:54 PM

Maybe you guys just have better Papa's. Stuff is complete inedible.

COchief 11-05-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10163102)

Frazzy is just being a Chicago pizza snob, although he is correct that virtually any neighborhood place will be better than PJs.

However, I can usually get a 5+ topping large delivered to my door for less than $15 from PJs (Pizza Hut and Dominos are inferior) with extra sauce and cooked well done. Try that from any good neighborhood joint and it will cost $25-30. If you're looking for a good pie with lots of good topping choices (PJ site is awesome) for fairly cheap you can't beat PJs. Anyone who says otherwise is just being a snob or more likely trying to be cool and a "foodie".

edit: Ha, see clown above me while I was writing for Exhibit A on "foodie" douche

loochy 11-05-2013 04:56 PM

I guess I'm just a young guy with unsophisticated taste buds because I like almost anything.

Mile High Mania 11-05-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10163155)
Maybe you guys just have better Papa's. Stuff is complete inedible.

Well, I live in Dallas - so similar to CHI, if you're in the right area, there should be some nice Italian family owned places to get a pie. There are several around here, but again - if I have to quickly order out for something... then I roll with Papa Johns and it has nothing to do with PM pitching for them. I just like their pizzas better than the other chains. I prefer to go elsewhere and get something better, but it's far from horrible.