ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop I never been this pumped before. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278672)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-17-2013 11:29 AM

I knew Brad Pitt posted here

milkman 11-17-2013 11:30 AM

I am not pumped, but I do feel a more heightened sense of anticipation for thhis game.

I do feel that everyone is going to see just how good this defense actually is.

Rausch 11-17-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10193944)
If the Chiefs were to win both games, and the game next week, they would be 12-0.
With a those losses,and a loss to the Pats, the best the Donkeys could manage would be 12-4, while that would be the worst finish for the Chiefs.

Neither the Chargers or Raiders can reach that, so if both the Chiefs and Donkeys at 12-4, with head to head,the Chiefs win the division.

Keep in mind that Denver also has 1 AFC loss and play the Pats after us.

We don't have any AFC losses.

Conference w/l also comes in to play for tie breakers...

Chief Pote 11-17-2013 11:33 AM

I'm realist, I hope we win this game. But I mostly want us to become legit at the end of the game regardless of the outcome.

I would so ****ing love it if the Chiefs win by a field goal because of a turnover. :D

milkman 11-17-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefButthurt (Post 10193967)
I'm realist, I hope we win this game. But I mostly want us to become legit at the end of the game regardless of the outcome.

I would so ****ing love it if the Chiefs win by a field goal because of a turnover. :D

Quite frankly, I don't believe that happens regardless of the final score win or lose.

If we win, or keep the game close, it's going to dismissed because of Manning's ankle.

cdcox 11-17-2013 11:42 AM

The fate of our season doesn't really swing on the outcome of this game. Even if we win it, we have to play these guys again in two weeks. And I have a feeling we could see them again in the playoffs. That will be the game that really matters. If I were coaching, I would hold back a few wrinkles for the game at Arrowhead and an eventual playoff matchup. Today is just another game in a long season.

Pablo 11-17-2013 11:44 AM

Uncharacteristically stoked for this one.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-17-2013 11:45 AM

I think the reason everyone is so pumped is because we need this game soooo badly to prove to ourselves we are legit and we aren't in a dream state falsley created by the football Gods.

I mean really, This is the most complete team we've EVER fielded. We've never had all three phases come together at one time. Our Offense is not bad by any means . We just haven't been in desperation mode at any point and time this year that we needed to take any chances whatsoever. That probably changes a little tonight depending on how our D plays the forehead.

Chief Roundup 11-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10193874)
This, and why I can't work up much emotion about this game - the home game is going to tell us WAY more about this team than tonight will - unless it happens to be a blowout either way.

I feel just the opposite. I expect us to win at home. Denver is a playoff team that we are playing on the road. There is a lot more that can be proven by a win in Denver than there is by a win at home in Arrowhead.
I feel like this game is way more important and should tell us a lot about the 2013 KC Chiefs capabilities going forward.
Yeah we can win at home and still probably win the division but a win today greatly increases our odds vs a win at home after a loss in Denver.

Discuss Thrower 11-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10193986)
The fate of our season doesn't really swing on the outcome of this game. Even if we win it, we have to play these guys again in two weeks. And I have a feeling we could see them again in the playoffs. That will be the game that really matters. If I were coaching, I would hold back a few wrinkles for the game at Arrowhead and an eventual playoff matchup. Today is just another game in a long season.

Your competitors have over a 25% swing on whether or not KC gets a no.1 seed: and in their logic if the Chiefs don't get that spot they'll lose the division to Denver. What say you

beach tribe 11-17-2013 11:46 AM

Biggest game since the no punter in 03.

Of course Manning is the face of Evil again. Been jacked since Friday. If you can't get jacked for this you will never be jacked for a reg season game.

This is HUGE.

I think it is actually the latest in the season division foes have faced each other with only 1 loss between them in history.

#1 O vs #1 D

Denver AND Manning for 1st place.

You may never see the Chiefs in a reg season game this big again ever.

Chief Roundup 11-17-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10193907)
Agreed. The only result that would concern me is getting blown out.

Yes if we get blown out it will not be good.

OnTheWarpath15 11-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10193997)
I think the reason everyone is so pumped is because we need this game soooo badly to prove to ourselves we are legit and we aren't in a dream state falsley created by the football Gods.

I mean really, This is the most complete team we've EVER fielded. We've never had all three phases come together at one time. Our Offense is not bad by any means . We just haven't been in desperation mode at any point and time this year that we needed to take any chances whatsoever. That probably changes a little tonight depending on how our D plays the forehead.

Wow. Pathetic.

This game means shit. The games that matter start in January.

We could blow out the Broncos tonight AND in Arrowhead, and if we go one-and-done in the playoffs, we failed.

Chief Roundup 11-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 10193916)
It feels like playoffs for me. It's an epic game.

Definitely a playoff type atmosphere.

Old Dog 11-17-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10193986)
The fate of our season doesn't really swing on the outcome of this game. Even if we win it, we have to play these guys again in two weeks. Today is just another game in a long season.

Well said.