ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I cannot believe I just lost my dog. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279250)

Dave Lane 12-06-2013 11:54 AM

Dude that is awful. At least it wasn't prolonged for her. You don't deserve something like that (no one does) you are one of the good guys.

Just remember the good times and give another doggie that kind of love when you are ready.

Fritz88 12-06-2013 11:55 AM

That's tough. All the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Snapplez 12-06-2013 11:55 AM

Stay strong dude

ClevelandBronco 12-06-2013 11:55 AM

There are plenty of people I haven't gotten six and a half years of good feelings from. I'm sorry you're dealing with it, man.

REDHOTGTO 12-06-2013 11:55 AM

so sorry for the loss man, i have had that type of dog (border collie,very similar)
very very smart dogs, wish there was something more to say.......

Mr. Flopnuts 12-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10252384)
Yeah....mine was more of a "shit went down over the 4th of July weekend" and I had to take him to an emergency vet. I'd do it again if I had the money....it's just ****ing paper.

Yeah. That's pretty much it. Paper. I can't see myself picking paper over my dog. She's getting to the age where those things are more and more possible. I just hope it doesn't ever happen, even though I know it's something I can't control.

TheUte 12-06-2013 11:58 AM

I'm so sorry. Losing a dog is so hard. It's just not fair you get them for such a short time.

It will get better with time.

Agreed, with the people who say to get another Best Friend when time is right, it does help a lot.

I went through this a couple of years ago with both my puppies.

I feel for you, so sorry.

ct 12-06-2013 11:59 AM

sorry man, our dog is family too, so I know it hurts. you did the right thing, if that is still bothering you...

Mr. Flopnuts 12-06-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10252394)
2nd one in three weeks.

This was "her" dog. Toby (the late, great boxer) was mine.

He passed away -- but we had two seasons to anticipate it. He had visible tumors, we just waited until it affected his quality of life.

Then we put him down. We had 6 months to say goodbye.

This one was a flash. Gracie was perfectly fine one day, terminally ill the next. No prep time. None.

That's just horrible. Are you guys down to no dogs? How long do you think you'll wait before getting another one? I've had this conversation with my wife and I told her that we wouldn't wait long. While Kaila can't handle living with another dog, I don't think I can handle having no dog at this point. I'm hooked on the 4 legged little critters.

TheUte 12-06-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10252419)
That's just horrible. Are you guys down to no dogs? How long do you think you'll wait before getting another one? I've had this conversation with my wife and I told her that we wouldn't wait long. While Kaila can't handle living with another dog, I don't think I can handle having no dog at this point. I'm hooked on the 4 legged little critters.

My wife and I decided we would go with out Dogs for a while after we lost our 2 a couple of years ago.

We lasted less than a month, just can't stand not hearing the jingle,jingle of dog tags in our house.

bevischief 12-06-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

I have been looking for a new dog since October when we put my dog down and haven't found the right one yet.

Marcellus 12-06-2013 12:05 PM

My last dog (Chief) died about 3 years ago and I am just now getting another dog next week. I am pretty excited.

I didn't want another dog for a long time, its like replacing a family member.

Direckshun 12-06-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

We're down to 0 dogs.

Went from two dogs, both aged about the same, to 0.

I woke up right on the dot this morning to go feed them, too. They're built into my physiology at this point.

I don't know. She wants to get another dog here in a couple months. She's already contacting breeders.

I've told her to stop talking to me about it. She keeps asking me for preferences and for choices.

I don't have any preferences or choices, right now. My dogs are gone. With Toby I could bounce back and talk puppies.

With how yesterday went down, I can't even think about it. I'm just going to limp through my Friday, be competent enough to survive it, and take a weekend to sulk. Maybe some Christmas decorations will help.

Or a beer with Flop. You never know.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-06-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10252435)
We're down to 0 dogs.

Went from two dogs, both aged about the same, to 0.

I woke up right on the dot this morning to go feed them, too. They're built into my physiology at this point.

I don't know. She wants to get another dog here in a couple months. She's already contacting breeders.

I've told her to stop talking to me about it. She keeps asking me for preferences and for choices.

I don't have any preferences or choices, right now. My dogs are gone. With Toby I could bounce back and talk puppies.

With how yesterday went down, I can't even think about it. I'm just going to limp through my Friday, be competent enough to survive it, and take a weekend to sulk. Maybe some Christmas decorations will help.

Or a beer with Flop. You never know.

We need to get together. We can Toby, and Gracie, Chiefs football, whatever you want. I'm locked down with this snow right now. RWD, and a bunch of hills are no bueno. But we'll find a way to make it happen, my friend. Whenever the time is right, I'm not far away. Be well, my friend. I'm really sorry this all happened. Especially the way it did. :(

I love ya.

Bugeater 12-06-2013 12:15 PM

Oh damn...we had a Sheltie when I was kid, he passed pretty suddenly as well, but he was 10 at the time. They are great dogs, very smart and friendly. Sorry for the loss man. :(