ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request My New Years Resolution - I'm going to quit smoking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279920)

J Diddy 12-25-2013 04:17 AM

Good luck to you. YOU. CAN. DO. IT.

tmax63 12-25-2013 06:50 AM

I chewed since 1977 but haven't had a dip since October 11. The gum kept me reasonably safe to be around and I stopped the gum after a week or so(less than one box). I've ate enough Tic-Tacs and Icebreakers to choke a medium sized horse so far and haven't stopped either of those.

TLO 12-25-2013 10:50 AM

Thanks for the good advice. I even appreciate the "quit or you're a pussy" posts. I'm not 100% certain that I want to quit, and I think that's what is the most concerning. I've got about a pack and a half left, and think I might just smoke these and then just not buy anymore. We'll see how it goes.

bevischief 12-25-2013 12:00 PM

Eight years ago I made a resolution to loose 40 pounds and keep it off. I have done that and then some. I weigh less than I did in high school and basic training. Good luck.

digger 12-25-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10309057)

Easy for you to say it isn't hard. Feel free to go **** yourself.

20 year 1/2 pack a day quit cold turkey. Had heart burn for two weeks and smoking dreams. 5 + years later best thing I ever did for myself.

plbrdude 12-25-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10310243)
Thanks for the good advice. I even appreciate the "quit or you're a pussy" posts. I'm not 100% certain that I want to quit, and I think that's what is the most concerning. I've got about a pack and a half left, and think I might just smoke these and then just not buy anymore. We'll see how it goes.

if you're not sure you want to quit you won't. it took me almost 17 year to really quit. first tried when i was 21 then finally completely laid them down when i was 38. been just about 12 yr now. funny thing is though after this long there are times when it feels like i could pick one up and light up like i never quit, but that passes now pretty quick.

if you decide you really want to quit remember you'll never make it a week if you don't make it a day. then weeks turn into months, and you know the rest.

lewdog 12-25-2013 06:35 PM

You started smoking when you were 18? You do know that isn't cool anymore, right? Hell, it wasn't cool when I was in high school 10 years ago.

BigRedChief 12-25-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10310243)

you will not be successful. It's too damn hard. You can't quit because you want/need to quit.

ThaVirus 12-25-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10310713)
You started smoking when you were 18? You do know that isn't cool anymore, right? Hell, it wasn't cool when I was in high school 10 years ago.

Yeah. I hate to be the judgmental prick because I'm usually not that at all; but smoking cigarettes is one of the dumbest ****ing things you can do. Like, why? Why even take that first hit? There is nothing good about, whatsoever.

Rausch 12-26-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10310910)
Yeah. I hate to be the judgmental prick because I'm usually not that at all; but smoking cigarettes is one of the dumbest ****ing things you can do. Like, why? Why even take that first hit? There is nothing good about, whatsoever.

The hell there isn't...

ThaVirus 12-26-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10310999)
The hell there isn't...

I guess you could argue that the nicotine buzz is considered a high, but really you're just scratching an itch.

You should try heroin. Shit's way more intense and last quite a bit longer...

The Franchise 12-26-2013 02:27 PM

Smoking is relaxing to me. Always has been.

TLO 12-26-2013 02:37 PM

I haven't had a smoke all day. But I sure as hell want one. This is going to suck. :facepalm:

Mr. Plow 12-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10311484)
I haven't had a smoke all day. But I sure as hell want one. This is going to suck. :facepalm:

Stay strong man.

ThaVirus 12-26-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10311466)
Smoking is relaxing to me. Always has been.

That's why my dad won't quit. He says he likes his morning cig, his after meal cig, his before bed cig. I just don't see it.

You know, you likely find it relaxing because you're getting that nicotine fix that you were craving. That's why people that try to quit often feel anxious or whatever; they're going through the withdrawals.

I could see how the time itself could be relaxing, but why not just spend it without smoking? I like my time on the shitter. Sometimes I'll go sit on the toilet for 15 minutes even though I know I don't have to shit. I'll have a seat, think about the day, think about tomorrow, check CP...

You should pick up meditation or reading or something. That's just as relaxing and actually healthy as well.