ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV A Million Ways To Die In The West (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281095)

DC.chief 06-04-2014 12:59 PM

Yeah don't listen to the reviews. It was actually funnier than I thought it would be and I'm a MacFarlane guy. Definitely worth seeing in theaters imho. Everyone I saw it with loved it also

Hawk 06-05-2014 03:28 PM

I'm torn on this one. Was thinking of seeing it this week, but the reviews have been so bad...

I have a pretty crude sense of humor, and I am not an overly critical movie viewer, plus I like comedies and like to laugh at a movie, so maybe I'll give it a shot. My expectations are so low that it will be hard to disappoint me. Maybe I'll get good and stoned before I go in, that's sure to make it funnier!

Deberg_1990 06-05-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10672898)
I'm torn on this one. Was thinking of seeing it this week, but the reviews have been so bad...

I have a pretty crude sense of humor, and I am not an overly critical movie viewer, plus I like comedies and like to laugh at a movie, so maybe I'll give it a shot. My expectations are so low that it will be hard to disappoint me. Maybe I'll get good and stoned before I go in, that's sure to make it funnier!

If it looks good to you, then go see it.

Sometimes critics are overly harsh and snooty. They destroyed the Lone Ranger last year and it wasn't that bad.

Its like they pick certain movies, actors or filmmakers to pick on.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcan 06-06-2014 11:44 AM

Saw it last night. Funny as hell for the first half, then the plot ramps up and the laughs are a little bit further apart, but still pretty damn good for a modern irreverent comedy. If you dug TED, you'll overwhelmingly like this one.

JD10367 06-06-2014 05:06 PM

Charlize is getting better with age. Between "Prometheus" and this film, mmmmm. And so is Sarah Silverman.

MrGiggity 06-08-2014 09:12 AM

I'm a huge Seth Macfarlane fan but this movie was disappointing. Could not take him seriously as an actor.

Micjones 06-08-2014 09:31 AM

This movie was Andy Reid-sized pile of shit.
My girlfriend and I walked out and I hadn't done that in probably 15 years.
I laughed three times through three-fourths of the film.

Seth McFarlane needs to stop making movies altogether.

bowener 06-08-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10672909)
If it looks good to you, then go see it.

Sometimes critics are overly harsh and snooty. They destroyed the Lone Ranger last year and it wasn't that bad.

Its like they pick certain movies, actors or filmmakers to pick on.
Posted via Mobile Device

:eek:

Deberg_1990 06-08-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10678051)
:eek:

I liked it. Not saying it's a truly great film or anything, but it was enjoyable for me and my son. It didn't deserve to get eviscerated by critics.

Gonzo 06-08-2014 03:32 PM

It was just ok. It had some truly funny moments but all in all I give it a C+.