ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Jaws wouldn't take Manziel until the 4th (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281762)

Eleazar 02-26-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10454932)
I don't get the hate for Tebow. By all accounts he seems to work hard. His improvement from year to year (as far as pocket comfort, throwing accuracy/strength) was phenomenal. He likes having fun but as long as he's focused on helping the team on the field I don't care what he does outside of it provided he doesn't get suspended for it.

He's not a role model. He's a player.

My main worry with him is staying healthy. He has the skills.

Fixed

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-26-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10455158)
It's not about learning, it's about changing

not as easy

Athletes adjust all the time. He's already worked at becoming a better pocket passer and continues to do so. It paid off.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-26-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10455168)
Fixed

Tebow had no throwing talent. He was Jordan Lynch at a big school.

-King- 02-26-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10454947)
why not?
I'm not trying to flame; genuinely curious.

McCarron at best will be Cassel in his career. Manziel could end up a bust, but he could also be Russell Wilson or Brees. I'll take boom or bust over mediocrity at best.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf 02-26-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10454957)
Manziel, for my money, is the best QB in this draft, and should go #1 overall.

Your money sucks. In no way is Manziel the best QB in this draft. Most athletic maybe, but not the best QB.

Bob Dole 02-26-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10455139)
Yep. He makes statements like this because if he's right he can go back and pat himself on the back. If he's wrong? No one will remember.

He makes statements like that because that is one of the ways the media uses to generate "news".

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-26-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 10455210)
He makes statements like that because that is one of the ways the media uses to generate "news".

Yup. I remember somebody posting this deadspin article awhile back.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufac...ion-1185400028

taterhog 02-26-2014 02:26 PM

He has the benefit of having played with how many 1st round (or projected 1st round) offensive teammates while at TAMU?

Joeckel, Matthews, Evans, Ogbuehi. Michael could have been if RB were still a valued draft position. Then a guy like Swope got drafted in a late round. All I'm saying is, he's a decent QB that was surrounded by a lot of talent both at skilled and nonskilled positions. He has had plenty of opportunity to be good while at TAMU.

The balance of talent gets evened out at the next level.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-26-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taterhog (Post 10455215)
He has the benefit of having played with how many 1st round (or projected 1st round) offensive teammates while at TAMU?

Joeckel, Matthews, Evans, Ogbuehi. Michael could have been if RB were still a valued draft position. Then a guy like Swope got drafted in a late round. All I'm saying is, he's a decent QB that was surrounded by a lot of talent both at skilled and nonskilled positions. He has had plenty of opportunity to be good while at TAMU.

The balance of talent gets evened out at the next level.

Michael barely played Johnny's freshman year.

One of his primary targets this you was Travis Labhart who was a walk-on that previously practiced against the women's basketball team. Kennedy and Walker are also not NFL prospects. Evans was the only one.

He did have some nice O-line talent though.

AndChiefs 02-26-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10455168)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs
I don't get the hate for Tebow. By all accounts he seems to work hard. His improvement from year to year (as far as pocket comfort, throwing accuracy/strength) was phenomenal. He likes having fun but as long as he's focused on helping the team on the field I don't care what he does outside of it provided he doesn't get suspended for it.

He's not a role model. He's a player.

My main worry with him is staying healthy. He has the skills.
Fixed

You might want to work on your fixing skills.

The only thing comparable in that statement between Tebow and Manziel is that they both seem to work hard (and I guess the role model part).

Bob Dole 02-26-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10455214)
Yup. I remember somebody posting this deadspin article awhile back.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufac...ion-1185400028

It is currently getting attention on every TV sports show airing at this bar, which just reinforces the theory.

taterhog 02-26-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10455230)
Michael barely played Johnny's freshman year.

One of his primary targets this you was Travis Labhart who was a walk-on that previously practiced against the women's basketball team. Kennedy and Walker are also not NFL prospects. Evans was the only one.

He did have some nice O-line talent though.

I think he's better than the 4th round grade Jaws hung on him, but I don't know that I would turn the keys over to him if I were drafting high in the 1st either. I think he'll be a starter eventually, but I'm not super high on him.

The talent on his line could afford him the chance to throw to the women's basketball team if needed. I just think the change in scenery will be a rude awakening for him.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-26-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taterhog (Post 10455263)
I think he's better than the 4th round grade Jaws hung on him, but I don't know that I would turn the keys over to him if I were drafting high in the 1st either. I think he'll be a starter eventually, but I'm not super high on him.

The talent on his line could afford him the chance to throw to the women's basketball team if needed. I just think the change in scenery will be a rude awakening for him.

Im a homer, obviously, but I just think his floor is much higher than he's given credit for. At worst he's Jeff Garcia. Im not sure what his ceiling is, but I think he can surprise a few folks.

KC native 02-26-2014 02:56 PM

Johnny Manziel is Doug Flutie Part Deaux.

Just Passin' By 02-26-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10455275)
Im a homer, obviously, but I just think his floor is much higher than he's given credit for. At worst he's Jeff Garcia. Im not sure what his ceiling is, but I think he can surprise a few folks.

:LOL:

At worst, he's a 4 time Pro Bowler?