ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Important Is An Interior Pass Rusher In Today's NFL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282758)

WhiteWhale 04-03-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10537094)
I've always believed inside is more valuable than outside, you just don't see it as much because it's a lot harder to find and, I think, a lot harder to execute.

What you really want is both, of course.

Interior pressure, in my experience, causes more bad passes and interceptions because the QB can't simply step up to avoid it. It forces back foot throws and stuff like that. QB's often get rid of the ball and avoid the sack, but it often still ends up in a positive play for the defense.

Even if the guy gets 6 sacks... if he can push the pocket back into the QB it would be HUGE for the defense.

KC is hyping this guy as the next big thing and it's not like we haven't heard this shit before (Paging Jon Baldwin). At this point I'm also tired of hearing about him. If he's all the team is hyping him up to be it will be pretty easy to see it on sundays.

Ebolapox 04-03-2014 01:42 PM

What is up with the random bold words in the OP?

beach tribe 04-03-2014 01:46 PM

Interior pass rushers are a killer against any O from any era.

Great ones are probably rarer than FQBs, though.

There is nothing close to a John Randle on this roster.
Maybe Poe....one day.

planetdoc 04-03-2014 01:54 PM

The hold grail is putting consistent pressure on the qb with the minimum of players. I dont think it really matters where it comes from, as long it meets the above statement.

beach tribe 04-03-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10537391)
Interior pressure, in my experience, causes more bad passes and interceptions because the QB can't simply step up to avoid it. It forces back foot throws and stuff like that. QB's often get rid of the ball and avoid the sack, but it often still ends up in a positive play for the defense.

Even if the guy gets 6 sacks... if he can push the pocket back into the QB it would be HUGE for the defense.

KC is hyping this guy as the next big thing and it's not like we haven't heard this shit before (Paging Jon Baldwin). At this point I'm also tired of hearing about him. If he's all the team is hyping him up to be it will be pretty easy to see it on sundays.

These bundle of super duper, what if, hope articles come out every season.
They're greatest value come in the form of streak free squeegee rags for the entrepreneurial crack smoker.
Make some plays.
Then you can be something more than just not a huge hole in the roster.
I think he will flash.
Get some people's hopes up, but just be a solid role player. Something like T-Jack
Which isn't a..bad thing per se. T-Jacks pick was higher than Guido Von Esquire's round.

SeeingRed 04-03-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10537377)
We're from Missouri. ..

Missouri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri‎
Wikipedia
Nickname(s): The Show Me State. Motto(s): Salus populi ... Missouri (see pronunciations) is a U.S. state located in the Midwestern United States. Missouri is the ...

I like this :thumb:

SeeingRed 04-03-2014 02:31 PM

In reading this article posted on the Chief's page about Cat I am excited to see what hes got...I really like his attitude.

The thoughts of Dorsey, as well as Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, who said Catapano is "a good, solid football player, who’s very solid, very intense and loves to play", continue to fuel his tireless work ethic.

"It’s very reassuring," Catapano said of the compliments by the Chiefs brass. "I think it’s a very unique relationship that the administration has with the players. It’s great to know that they believe in me and that’s why they wanted me here. So, I’m just ready to put it all on the line for them and for the city and to show everybody in Kansas City what I can do."

Valiant 04-03-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10537075)
Closest Chiefs season I've found was '92
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/kan/1992.htm

DT 14.5
Neil Smith 14.5
Dan Saleaumua 6.0

The average age of The '84 Bears and the Chief players here are 26. Hali will turn 31 in November.
I don't think there are to many more seasons where we can just expect double digit sacks from him.

I agree with this, but if you can get a serious threat pushing sacks from the middle, the outside rushers should be able to pick up some free sacks.

A great interior pass rusher without having to blitz is gold in the nfl. Makes your CB/LB/S all a level better. Kind of like the peyton effect on WRs and RBs...

Easy 6 04-03-2014 03:03 PM

I admire your optimism Red, the older this place gets the angrier and more bitter we become, its good to have some sunny side of life takes to help even things out.

Cat did flash pretty nicely a handful of times, so theres always hope...

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-03-2014 03:11 PM

Homers' pimping of Catapano makes Pravda look like a fire and brimstone sermon.

This shit is ****ing ridiculous.

SeeingRed 04-03-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10537599)
I admire your optimism Red, the older this place gets the angrier and more bitter we become, its good to have some sunny side of life takes to help even things out.

Cat did flash pretty nicely a handful of times, so theres always hope...

lol...ya i guess its either half full or half empty. Its encouraging to see they are so high on him...no hopefully they play the guy so we can see what hes got.

Check out this interview i just saw on another site. Its an old interview of him during East West Shrine Game, the interviewer from College2Pro.com doesnt even say his name right. But gives some really good insight into this kid. Its VERY VERY hard NOT to like this guy when you listen to him talk. Cool interview. He actually compares himself to JJ Watt and The Terminator in the interview. :hmmm: I kinda like that combo! Lets see.

scroll down on the page and hit the small play button to hear interview.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...64125504,d.cWc

SeeingRed 04-03-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10537617)
Homers' pimping of Catapano makes Pravda look like a fire and brimstone sermon.

This shit is ****ing ridiculous.

not if he is as good as they are saying. :shake: that would be a very pleasant surprise

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-03-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10537641)
not if he is as good as they are saying. :shake: that would be a very pleasant surprise

A guy with three ****ing career tackles. If he didn't attend Princeton, no one would give a shit about this guy.

There are 1000 Brian Johnston's for every Jared Allen.

I swear, Chiefs fans would pass up Berkshire Hathaway stock to invest in ****ing scratcher's tickets and Keno.

SeeingRed 04-03-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10537656)
A guy with three ****ing career tackles. If he didn't attend Princeton, no one would give a shit about this guy.

There are 1000 Brian Johnston's for every Jared Allen.

I swear, Chiefs fans would pass up Berkshire Hathaway stock to invest in ****ing scratcher's tickets and Keno.

Hey anytime a 7th rounder can turn into a solid NFL player its a huge positive. When both the Head Coach and the GM come out about him and they post lots of stuff on their website about him it may be telling (or why else would they do it?). I have read alot of stuff on Catapano and I have never heard a former teammate or coach ever say anything that wasn't positive about him. I look forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully the year of NFL experience and the added 20 lbs help him be a contributing factor on this D

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-03-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10537685)
Hey anytime a 7th rounder can turn into a solid NFL player its a huge positive. When both the Head Coach and the GM come out about him and they post lots of stuff on their website about him it may be telling (or why else would they do it?). I have read alot of stuff on Catapano and I have never heard a former teammate or coach ever say anything that wasn't positive about him. I look forward to seeing what he can do. Hopefully the year of NFL experience and the added 20 lbs help him be a contributing factor on this D

The darling of Haley's first off-season was another seventh round pick: mother****er Jake O'Connell. Get a grip.