ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Life without Parole for nonviolent Cannabis conviction (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283077)

Marcellus 04-18-2014 06:46 AM

If I read correctly the guy was busted 2X before for selling weed and then got busted again making a 3rd time. I am certain the guy probably had other charges that were reduced in his history as well, I doubt 3 times is his real total.

While a life sentence is ridiculously absurd, I have to ask, couldn't the guy have simply quit doing what he knew was a crime with a progressive sentence structure?

I mean he really must not be very smart maybe prison is a good place for him.

jspchief 04-18-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10570829)
If I read correctly the guy was busted 2X before for selling weed and then got busted again making a 3rd time. I am certain the guy probably had other charges that were reduced in his history as well, I doubt 3 times is his real total.

While a life sentence is ridiculously absurd, I have to ask, couldn't the guy have simply quit doing what he knew was a crime with a progressive sentence structure?

I mean he really must not be very smart maybe prison is a good place for him.

Have to agree. Society isn't going to miss this moron.

blaise 04-18-2014 07:14 AM

Harsh sentence but this guy is stupid. If they let him out he'll probably get arrested for it again next year.

tmax63 04-18-2014 07:35 AM

That's kind of my position. He knew if he didn't cut the crap he could face life but continued anyway. I like the idea that people who continually ignore the law gets penalized. CO is currently working on 6yr jail time for your 3rd DUI in 7yrs or 4th in a lifetime. "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on ME"

Simplicity 04-18-2014 07:43 AM

If you know you can't do it... Why do it? Too many people running around thinking they are going to start a revolution or something... It's America, shits not gonna change.

houstonwhodat 04-18-2014 07:51 AM

Man **** Missouri

planetdoc 04-18-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10570783)
Please PM me if anyone is on board with hunting these people down and killing them.

It is unwise in this day and age to create a "paper trail" for a conspiracy to commit murder. Either that or you are LEO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 10570873)
If you know you can't do it... Why do it?

no different than prohibition time. How do you think Budweiser made their fortune? Does one follow a law only because it defines what is legal or illegal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Luther king Jr
A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.

Cannibal 04-18-2014 07:58 AM

While it may be true that he should not have broken weed laws 3 times, placing him in prison for life is ****ing ridiculous. Especially when weed is being legalized in so many other places in the country.

BigMeatballDave 04-18-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 10570873)
If you know you can't do it... Why do it? Too many people running around thinking they are going to start a revolution or something... It's America, shits not gonna change.

It'll change eventually. 2 states have legalized it.

BigMeatballDave 04-18-2014 08:01 AM

Also, people know the consequences of speeding, it doesn't stop people from doing it.

jspchief 04-18-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10570889)
Also, people know the consequences of speeding, it doesn't stop people from doing it.

Speeding doesn't have a 3 strike law that can land you in prison, so that's a pretty bad comparison.

Marcellus 04-18-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10570889)

If I knew I could realistically go to prison for it I wouldn't speed.

Marcellus 04-18-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10570888)
It'll change eventually. 2 states have legalized it.

I doubt it will ever be legal to have 6lbs of it.

BigMeatballDave 04-18-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10570932)
I doubt it will ever be legal to have 6lbs of it.

If you're a proprietor. :D

notorious 04-18-2014 08:50 AM

Is he over-punished? Probably. Any ****s given by me? Nope.

planetdoc, please don't post a quote by MLK that had to deal with Civil Rights and Segregation in a thread about a dumbass that likes to smoke weed.