ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Great day for the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283589)

chiefzilla1501 05-11-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 10619984)
Two legitimate offensive difference makers drafted today. Thomas is incredibly fast and quick, who can play slot, TB in certain sets and gives you a ton of gadget play possibilities. He is a freak on special teams. He and Tavon Austin are very similar players when both are healthy. Love that addition.

Aaron Murray is a terrific QB and perfect for Reid's West Coast passing game. He is very accurate in the short passing game, but also has the arm to stretch the field. I know he's not the tallest guy, but he's an exceptional four year QB who comes in with real skills, experience and is smart as hell.

I don't see Daniel being waived, because he gives the team NFL experience and moxie. Bray will be the casualty here.

Aaron Murray will be the QB of the future.

I think the Chiefs will keep 4 QBs and ditch Daniel when they feel like one of our young guys is good enough to be a starter. It doesn't seem to be Dorsey's nature to like overpaying for free agents. He seems to be bringing in big contracts to be stopgaps he hopes to replace one day.

saphojunkie 05-11-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10622809)
I think the Chiefs will keep 4 QBs and ditch Daniel when they feel like one of our young guys is good enough to be a starter. It doesn't seem to be Dorsey's nature to like overpaying for OUR free agents. He seems to be bringing in big contracts to be stopgaps he hopes to replace one day.

Fixed

xztop123 05-11-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10621843)
Please stop comparing Thomas to McCluster. Please.

I was under the impression that he's probably not as good as mccluster... how are they different?

htismaqe 05-11-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10623004)
Fixed

Really? ;)

BlackOp 05-11-2014 11:43 AM

This was a very logical draft..actually the $28 million draft, IMO. Hali, Flowers, Daniels...and McCluster. Hali is around $10 million next year as is Flowers...Chase is $4 million and Dexter got something around $4 million this year. KC was strapped and couldn't maneuver in FA. Flowers is an above average under-sized corner playing in the wrong system and Hali will be 32.

Would I have liked KC to take Lee at 23....sure...but then they would have to draft Hali's replacement next season and not have him around to mentor Ford. Smith and Houston are going to get paid and this is how the Chiefs plan on doing it.

It's a pretty solid strategy as the offense wasn't the issue over the last 8 games...not to mention Kelce is like a 2014 draft pick as is Commings..except they have a year under their belts in the system.

Saccopoo 05-11-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 10623083)
I was under the impression that he's probably not as good as mccluster... how are they different?

He's a track guy and McCluster is a football player.

McCluster is stronger.

If I had a choice, I'd take McCluster every single time.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10623169)

McCluster is stronger.

Not that I don't agree with you (I do) but Jamaal Charles was also a "track guy" when we drafted him.

Sometimes we have to be patient.

BlackOp 05-11-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

McCluster is stronger.

He scored 46 TD's in 3 years at Oregon...that's pretty much a football guy. KC used a 4th..instead of a second. I didn't hate McCluster...but it was too high for him. I wasn't upset that he wasn't resigned. I think the Chiefs can do better..

mcan 05-11-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 10623197)
He scored 46 TD's in 3 years at Oregon...that's pretty much a football guy. KC used a 4th..instead of a second. I didn't hate McCluster...but it was too high for him. I wasn't upset that he wasn't resigned. I think the Chiefs can do better..

McCluster showed some flash, but never really developed a second dimension to his game. Never really made people miss. Never really became a great slot receiver who could move the chains. Never really became a speed threat. Went down too easily. Had great return averages, but never really became that "break the game wide open" with a great return guy either... He's really pretty average.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 10623211)
McCluster showed some flash, but never really developed a second dimension to his game. Never really made people miss. Never really became a great slot receiver who could move the chains. Never really became a speed threat. Went down too easily. Had great return averages, but never really became that "break the game wide open" with a great return guy either... He's really pretty average.

I only really disagree with the part in bold. At times last year, he was one of the few that could consistently move the chains it seemed like.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

jd1020 05-11-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10623214)
I only really disagree with the part in bold. At times last year, he was one of the few that could consistently move the chains it seemed like.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

He also did become that return guy that breaks open a game. Near the end of the season it seemed like every time he returned a punt it was for big yards.

Baby Lee 05-11-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 10623211)

The one thing that disappointed me about losing McCluster was, after the egregious drop earlier in the season, he had one of the most impressive unheralded receptions of the season later. I have no idea how to track it down, but it was on the sidelines and and he twisted his entire body nearly 360 degrees and snatched it over his head, hands only. He like launched himself horizontal, went into a corkscrew, caught it at about 270 degrees rotation and landed on his chest with the ball overhead.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10623219)
He also did become that return guy that breaks open a game. Near the end of the season it seemed like every time he returned a punt it was for big yards.

True.

mcan 05-11-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10623219)

He had a few big games, but even in those he wasn't breaking tackles or out running people. He was following some damn good blocking up to the point where someone would touch him and he'd just go down or get pushed out of bounds. I thought our other returners actually showed more flash and athleticism/speed.

RunKC 05-11-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

McCluster is stronger.

How about we make a bet Sac? I bet that Thomas easily produces more on offense than McCluster did in his best season in KC.

511 yards and 2 TD's in McClusters best offensive production in 4 years in KC. I'm telling you right now Thomas easily outdoes him year 1.

What say you?