ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Intriguing training camp battles that are becoming evident (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283619)

mcaj22 05-11-2014 01:16 PM

I'm really excited for the camp battle of Joe Mays and Nico Johnson for the starting ILB spot next to DJ

........ said by nobody ever

mdchiefsfan 05-11-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10623364)
I'm really excited for the camp battle of Joe Mays and Nico Johnson for the starting ILB spot next to DJ

I am curious to see what Nico brings to the table. It would benefit us greatly to have him beat out Mays.

Easy 6 05-11-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Give me Mays, he's probably no better but atleast plays with a nasty streak.

I don't want "Suh" level dirty, but a nasty shot here and there is probably a good thing for this bunch of soft bitches.

CoMoChief 05-11-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10623106)
Will Murray be ready for camp?

He says he's ready to go full speed now.

Now I dont know if that's just him trying to boost his draft stock.

Now that the draft is over, maybe he get a different story.

CoMoChief 05-11-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

LMAO

mcaj22 05-11-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10623372)
I am curious to see what Nico brings to the table. It would benefit us greatly to have him beat out Mays.

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both Nico and James-Michael Johnson(s) both start or play significantly in that Chargers game?

I mean if we are crowning Rishaw Johnson a starting RG spot by his performance in that Chargers game then by all means, one of these Johnsons had to play better than the other.

mdchiefsfan 05-11-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10623423)
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both Nico and James-Michael Johnson(s) both start or play significantly in that Chargers game?

I mean if we are crowning Rishaw Johnson a starting RG spot by his performance in that Chargers game then by all means, one of these Johnsons had to play better than the other.

I really can't recall. Good question though.

Exoter175 05-11-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

I love you. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10623393)
He says he's ready to go full speed now.

Now I dont know if that's just him trying to boost his draft stock.

Now that the draft is over, maybe he get a different story.

Apparently he's been medically cleared, so he's a go. That being said, I bet the Chiefs sandbag it hard if they want to keep all 4 QB's and need to toss somebody on the IR spot. Even though IR isn't where you'd want him to be, he still gets to study and get time in at the facility. I'd rather IR/PS Bray though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10623423)

**** crowning Rishaw the starting RG, guys' going to have his hands full in camp with Fulton and linkenbach IMO.

And don't forget, both Hudson and Kush can play Center and Guard spots, so the loser of the Center job (Kush) might be battling for a Guard spot.

I'm betting Nico beats out JMM but not by much, one of those guys will get cut this year to make room for the secondary space we need.

RealSNR 05-11-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10623220)
You guys are going to be awfully upset when the Chiefs don't cut Daniels but instead end up cutting either Bray or Murray.

Daniel_

Daniel.

Singular. No ****ing S.

Daniel.

RealSNR 05-11-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10623247)
5th round picks get cut all of the time. They would try to stash him on the practice squad.

That's foolish and stupid. Just because some 5th round picks get cut sometimes doesn't mean it happens all the time, much less to QBs with such high floors for development as Aaron Murray.

This isn't ****ing Tyler Wilson we're talking about here.

RealSNR 05-11-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Nico is technically backing up DJ, and from what I saw in the San Diego game, he's doing a terrible job at it.

James Michael-Johnson is the dude behind Mays.

Dayze 05-12-2014 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=OnTheWarpath58;10623075]We're not winning anything of importance this year if Alex Smith is healthy or falls to injury.

Chase and his $3.5M clipboard holding ass needs to go, and give that time to try to develop one of these longshots into something - since we're never going to take a QB high in the draft.

Who the **** buys a lottery ticket and then never bothers to scratch it?[/QUOTE]

The Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-12-2014 08:32 AM

Mays is such a turd. His only value would be a late cheap shot on jughead. Hell their players set out to injure.

BigCatDaddy 05-12-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10623220)
You guys are going to be awfully upset when the Chiefs don't cut Daniels but instead end up cutting either Bray or Murray.

I would be. If Murray or Bray get on the field for whatever reason or light it up in the preseason there is a chance you can move them for a decent pick. NOBODY is giving you shit for Chase Daniel. Like I stated earlier regarding Murray. Buy low, develop, showcase and sale high.

Jimmya 05-12-2014 08:58 AM

Espn seems to think Daniel has backup position solidified.