ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Robert Mathis out 4 games PED's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283734)

planetdoc 05-17-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10634648)
@Edwerderespn: Interesting the #NFL negotiated drug suspension for Von Miller but not for Robert Mathis despite his unique explanation for PED violation

NFLPA supports Mathis, too
Colts linebacker Robert Mathis has received plenty of support in the wake of the news that he’ll be suspended four games for violating the league’s policy regarding performance-enhancing substances.

From his agent to his coach and now to the union that agreed to include the fertility drug Mathis took on the list of banned substances, everyone is embracing the veteran — and no one (other than the league) is suggesting that he actually broke a rule.

“We are disappointed in Roger’s decision,” NFLPA president Eric Winston said in a statement issued by the union. “Given the set of facts that Robert, medical experts and our union presented, upholding this suspension shows a lack of compassion and perspective. We support Robert and are happy for him and his family.”

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 10635156)
I'd say logic would lean wayyyyy more towards his sperm count being compromised due to supplemental aid.

once again, I believe it is irresponsible to accuse someone of using PEDs without definitive proof. He is guilty of using a specific band substance (clomid), but currently nothing more. Accusing him of anything else, without the facts, is defamation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 10635156)
It's just hard to believe a man would get 19 sacks in the national football league and have a natural testosterone level/sperm count so low he couldn't conceive.

believe it. He isnt the first person in very good physical condition to have clinically defined low sperm count or low testosterone, and he wont be the last. Another thing is that we dont know his wife's situation. She could have a medical condition(s) such as Pelvic inflammatory disease, anti-sperm antibodies, or something else that drastically reduces the number of sperm to reach the ova. When dealing with multiple problems (low sperm count + female disorder) its easier and cheaper to give the guy a generic pill and see if the couple conceives than deal with the issues on the female side immediately as well. Before someone suggests it, it isnt rare to have multiple issues limiting the ability to conceive.

Finally, the whole idea of arguing about someone else's potential medical condition on a web forum is somewhat repulsive to me. I understand that Mathis chose to talk about it to defend himself, but I feel its a private matter. I try to put myself in their shoes. I wouldnt want to share with an employer (or the public) details of a medical condition that leads to a failed test or affects job performance. My privacy and the privacy of my patients are important to me. Lets try to look at this subject with compassion FIRST before accusation. :thumb:

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2014 07:03 AM

Everyone seems to be ignoring the part about the drug he took supposedly prescribed by a fertility doctor is not approved by the FDA to treat male infertility.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10636136)
Everyone seems to be ignoring the part about the drug he took supposedly prescribed by a fertility doctor is not approved by the FDA to treat male infertility.

This is the first link that shows up on Google when you type in "Clomid".

http://infertility.about.com/od/infe.../clomid101.htm

htismaqe 05-18-2014 07:18 AM

And here's your answer.

It IS approved for treating infertility. Just not in MEN.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/clomid.html

Clomid (clomiphene citrate tablets USP) is an orally administered, nonsteroidal, ovulatory stimulant designated chemically as 2-[p-(2-chloro-1,2-diphenylvinyl)phenoxy] triethylamine citrate (1:1).

planetdoc 05-18-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10636155)
And here's your answer.

here is your answer
http://shiramillermd.com/clients/515...ve_David50.jpg

FYI: before someone protests, world renown and famous classical artwork should not be considered NSFW.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 07:55 AM

Yep. He's enhancing.

Sorter 05-18-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636012)
NFLPA supports Mathis, too
Colts linebacker Robert Mathis has received plenty of support in the wake of the news that he’ll be suspended four games for violating the league’s policy regarding performance-enhancing substances.

specific band substance

Is this band substance a woodwind or brass instrument?

Quote:

Finally, the whole idea of arguing about someone else's potential medical condition on a web forum is somewhat repulsive to me.
LMAO.

"I find this repulsive but here are my lengthy thoughts and opinions on the matter."

planetdoc 05-18-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10636237)
Is this band substance a woodwind or brass instrument?

neither dumbass. you wouldnt happen to be an unemployed english major by any chance? They (of which their are many) are mainly the ones more focussed on grammar and spelling than the content of what is said. I guess that would require higher level thinking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10636237)
LMAO.

"I find this repulsive but here are my lengthy thoughts and opinions on the matter."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert F Kennedy
Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert F Kennedy
Every time we turn our heads the other way when we see the law flouted, when we tolerate what we know to be wrong, when we close our eyes and ears to the corrupt because we are too busy or too frightened, when we fail to speak up and speak out, we strike a blow against freedom and decency and justice.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 08:56 AM

Wow. This thread got interesting.

I thought we were talking about PEDs, not RFKs.

planetdoc 05-18-2014 08:58 AM

http://www.edweek.org/media/2008/11/14/13journal.jpg

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:01 AM

Objection your honor! Relevance...

Sustained.

planetdoc 05-18-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10636288)
Objection your honor! Relevance...

Sustained.

you fail to see the relevance? Think about it....its not too difficult.

I'll give an opportunity for someone else to clue you in, and if it is still a mystery, than I'll clue you in later this afternoon.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636311)
you fail to see the relevance? Think about it....its not too difficult.

I'll give an opportunity for someone else to clue you in, and if it is still a mystery, than I'll clue you in later this afternoon.

No that's ok.

I don't care about some dead guy.

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10636269)
neither dumbass. you wouldnt happen to be an unemployed english major by any chance? They (of which their are many) are mainly the ones more focussed on grammar and spelling than the content of what is said. I guess that would require higher level thinking.

As I've said before, you'd think a "doc," with the level of education required to attain that degree, would have a basic understanding of grammar and punctuation. You seem to lack it. And blatant mistake like band vs. banned should be pointed out. We have no way of knowing if you made a simple mistake or don't know the difference.

penguinz 05-18-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10634961)
I'm the exact opposite.

Why? How does is have any impact on you?