ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Walter Rapes the Chiefs Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283777)

milkman 05-21-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10639747)
Who does? He's Kyle Orton with less zip and less ints

Let's see.

Kyle Orton is a statue who makes poor decisions when pressured.

Alex Smith is a mobile QB who can make plays with both his arm and his legs when pressured, and he makes good decisions.

Yep, same guy.

FRCDFED 05-21-2014 11:06 AM

The only thing that has turned some of CP against Alex is his agent. Most of us thought a team friendly deal would've been struck by now. Since it hasn't, some are questioning his decisions.

If he was locked up for the next 3 years at $15m or less per year everyone on here would be ecstatic.

Bowser 05-21-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10638864)
100% agree with his take on Dee Ford and Aaron Murray. I couldn't have said it any better than that.

After reading Walter's review and then seeing you agree with him, I can now officially say I haven't felt better about Dee Ford being our first pick thus far.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2014 11:55 AM

"But he didn't even fill a need"!!!!

Why anyone would think this team is still in "win now"( despite the usual GM-speak that everyone of them will parrot ad-nauseum ) is completely beyond me. That ship has sailed.

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10645207)
"But he didn't even fill a need"!!!!

Why anyone would think this team is still in "win now"( despite the usual GM-speak that everyone of them will parrot ad-nauseum ) is completely beyond me. That ship has sailed.

Having a legitimate 3rd OLB pass rushing option does fill a need though. Zombo is replacement level and Dez Moses is.... yikes.

If Dee Ford shakes out to be more than the 1.2 sacks/season of production that Zombo roughly is, then it addresses a need and looks to be a decent pick to build for the future.

Even though he's a third rounder, Gaines could push Parker out of the fourth CB spot. Now, this isn't exactly a win-now move unless Parker becomes a free safety but if that does happen and Phillip gets over a tackle/game then it's a win-now move and builds for the future once Flowers gets jettisoned... which seems probable.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10645281)
Having a legitimate 3rd OLB pass rushing option does fill a need though. Zombo is replacement level and Dez Moses is.... yikes.

If Dee Ford shakes out to be more than the 1.2 sacks/season of production that Zombo roughly is, then it addresses a need and looks to be a decent pick to build for the future.

Even though he's a third rounder, Gaines could push Parker out of the fourth CB spot. Now, this isn't exactly a win-now move unless Parker becomes a free safety but if that does happen and Phillip gets over a tackle/game then it's a win-now move and builds for the future once Flowers gets jettisoned... which seems probable.

:( Wouldn't another team have to absorb a fairly substantial contract at this point?

Discuss Thrower 05-22-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10645313)
:( Wouldn't another team have to absorb a fairly substantial contract at this point?

Next season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-22-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10645320)
Next season.

Eh, time marches on.

bshmerlie 05-22-2014 02:51 PM

I am confident that the Chiefs and Alex will still come to a cap friendly deal probably in the neighborhood of 14-15 million. Thats a fair price for a starting QB and still give the team cap space to keep talent around him. The 49ers are going to be raped by Kaepernick and their team talent will suffer as a result. I'm sorry but unless you're Tom Brady or Peyton Manning 20 million is too much for these young QBs who really haven't proved anything. And even if they do win a Superbowl once should they really be making 18-20 million when they can't afford to keep the rest of the team together. I like Alex but if he wants more than $15 million let him walk. Start working on Murry and get him ready to take over in 2015 if it comes to that.

The Bad Guy 05-22-2014 03:20 PM

If you're going to tell me Dee Ford doesn't fill a need, then I'm going to tell you you shouldn't be doing analysis on any ****ing NFL team.

ChiefsCountry 05-22-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 10645513)
And even if they do win a Superbowl once should they really be making 18-20 million when they can't afford to keep the rest of the team together.

If they win a Super Bowl who gives a shit what they get paid.

The Franchise 05-22-2014 03:53 PM

Walterfootball's shit is getting pathetic.

From their 2015 mock draft...
Quote:

13. P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
The Chiefs could use more talent at cornerback. Dunta Robinson was a big disappointment, and they need a long-term complement to Brandon Flowers. Sources have told me that Philip Gaines was a reach in Round 3.

Williams (6-0, 190) had an excellent debut as a starter in 2013. He was the Defensive MVP of the BCS National Championship Game as he had seven tackles and a critical fourth-quarter interception that helped spark Florida State's comeback win. The first-year starter totaled 35 tackles with seven passes broken up and three interceptions for the season.

chiefzilla1501 05-22-2014 04:03 PM

Umm.... Walter....?

There are reports that Philly traded down and planned to take Dee Ford at #26. Also that Atlanta was trying to trade into taking Ford. Maybe he was a reach. But saying they could have traded down and taken him is complete baloney.

And Dee Ford does fill an eventual need. I seriously can't believe how many people actually believe that the best strategy is to pigeonhole ourselves to a few positions if they actually think they have a playmaker.

Maybe he was a reach. I don't know. I'm not going to say either way. But Walter's reasons for hating this pick are mostly idiotic.

OnTheWarpath15 05-22-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10645634)
Umm.... Walter....?

There are reports that Philly traded down and planned to take Dee Ford at #26. Also that Atlanta was trying to trade into taking Ford. Maybe he was a reach. But saying they could have traded down and taken him is complete baloney.

And Dee Ford does fill an eventual need. I seriously can't believe how many people actually believe that the best strategy is to pigeonhole ourselves to a few positions if they actually think they have a playmaker.

Maybe he was a reach. I don't know. I'm not going to say either way. But Walter's reasons for hating this pick are mostly idiotic.

I find it funny that guys who bang the "everything predraft is smokescreen" drum ever year, have no problem believing "reports" that come out damn near every year - the player we took was coveted by someone else.

Everything you hear before the draft? Bullshit.

Everything you hear after the draft? Gospel.

The Bad Guy 05-22-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10645613)
Walterfootball's shit is getting pathetic.

From their 2015 mock draft...

He's become laughable.

He gives the Gaines pick an A-, but then follows it up with "sources tell me that was a reach."

Way to put your balls on the line, Walt. So you loved the pick, but some dickhead freelancer that you talk to says it was a reach so that's gospel?

**** off.