ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Covitz: Eric Fisher still not cleared for full practice sessions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283957)

FringeNC 05-28-2014 08:03 AM

What I find interesting is that I considered the improvement in the offense in the 2nd half of the year to be a function of improved O-line play and perhaps a change to a zbs. Now the offense line has been blown up. It's a little scary. Let's just hope Dorsey and Reid know what they are doing.

RunKC 05-28-2014 08:04 AM

Can we at least wait until training camp to start this shit? People are being babies about Houston not being here bc it's "voluntary" but are giving a guy coming off surgery flack bc he's not practicing full on in the same said "voluntary" workouts?

If he said he was 100% healthy I doubt Reid would do anything different anyway. There's no point in risking injury in VOLUNTARY workouts to a guy who just came off surgery. That's how you end up with Sean Lee type of shit happening.

LOCOChief 05-28-2014 08:04 AM

I wasn't a fan of the pick but I think Fisher will develop into a dominant LT. Usually takes up to 3 years to evaluate a pick but so far it hasn't looked good.

htismaqe 05-28-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 10655235)
I wasn't a fan of the pick but I think Fisher will develop into a dominant LT. Usually takes up to 3 years to evaluate a pick but so far it hasn't looked good.

Agree pretty much 100%.

I think Fisher has all the tools. He needs to stay healthy.

In58men 05-28-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10655229)
Fisher isn't playing RT this year dumbass.

Oh lord ****ing no, like that changes everything lol. He still ****ing sucks and it's the worst pick at 1.1 you can possibly do. Another reason why Reid and Dorsey are ****ing jokes.

RealSNR 05-28-2014 08:16 AM

The injury occurred before the end of the season.

Why didn't we just IR him and get the doctors to do both surgeries ASAP?

Instead Fisher dawdled until February/March to have the procedures done, taking away valuable offseason time to gain strength

milkman 05-28-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 10655235)

Here's my problem.

I can see Fisher developing into a John Alt level LT.

That's pretty good, but that isn't Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, guys that would have justified the status of being the #1 overall pick.

I do think that Fisher has potential to be very good, but he likely will never be #1 overall good.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-28-2014 08:28 AM

With the way Marcellus gapes on here you'd think Zed was daggering his asshole daily.

Big Tedd 05-28-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10655257)
Here's my problem.

That's pretty good, but that isn't Willie Roaf, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, guys that would have justified the status of being the #1 overall pick.

I do think that Fisher has potential to be very good, but he likely will never be #1 overall good.

I agree that Fisher is not a number 1 overall type of talent. Neither was any other player in that lame ass draft. Chiefs had the best pick in the worst draft ever..

ct 05-28-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10655151)
You guys are good for a laugh every single morning during the off season.

I don't know how some of you make it through a week without a mental breakdown over running out of vagasil.

ha, this

TEX 05-28-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Tedd (Post 10655264)
I agree that Fisher is not a number 1 overall type of talent. Neither was any other player in that lame ass draft. Chiefs had the best pick in the worst draft ever..

The pure definition of CHIEFS LUCK. :shake:

RealSNR 05-28-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Not an excuse for picking a vagina of a tackle at #1.

LOCOChief 05-28-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10655257)
Here's my problem.

I would agree, but we know a 1/1 is not a lock and short of Roaf we haven't had a LT like Alt since and if he achieves that level than there would be no reason for me to ever question the pick again.

milkman 05-28-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

That is exactly the kind of draft that you take a risk.

You don't have a clear cut #1 overall, you take a guy that has big time playmaker potential, and big time bust potential.

RunKC 05-28-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10655244)
Oh lord ****ing no, like that changes everything lol. He still ****ing sucks and it's the worst pick at 1.1 you can possibly do. Another reason why Reid and Dorsey are ****ing jokes.

Shoulda picked that Geno Smith guy huh?ROFL