ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life NJ threatening to take boy from parents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284314)

BucEyedPea 06-12-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10687066)
That situation was somewhat difficult because Children's Hospital, which happens to be one of the best in the world, was telling state officials that they believed that the daughter was misdiagnosed and the parents were causing the misdiagnosis.

That's not what I read or am hearing on the news or talk shows. There was just a different diagnosis by another doctor earlier at Tufts Medical Center in Boston. The parents went with that diagnosis--they weren't causing it. Doctors can disagree.

Quote:

Recently, the state decided to exit the situation after it became clear I guess that doctors at different hospitals have different opinions about the situation and it's not really clear what's right. But still, a very unfortunate situation overall.
Oh really, recently? That was the case made by the parents and others including other experts. The news up there must really be delinquent in their reporting 'cause the national news has been all over it reporting differently. If the state has decided to exit the situation it's because national news brought attention to this as an abuse of parental rights.

Quote:

Unfortunately, there are crazy parents out there who misuse their children to get "attention", and the concern was that these parents were doing just that, to the serious detriment of their daughter.
You are the ONLY person I have ever heard make such a statement by taking the side of a psychiatrist who reported the parents to the state of Massachusetts for medical child abuse for following their doctor's diagnosis when this was just a difference of medical opinion. In the meantime her health worsened.

Even others in the psychology profession in Mass said they're ashamed at how their profession has acted in this case.You truly deserve to live in such a Stalinesque state.

notorious 06-12-2014 03:57 PM

Oh, ya.

If something like this happens to you, get the **** out of that state as fast as possible.

Chief Roundup 06-12-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 10687145)
Did you think that they weren't going to have pellet guns when he reaches the age to use one?

The price of guns are only getting higher.
A .22 I payed $65 for when I was younger is now worth $300.

Pepe Silvia 06-12-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10686848)
This country is turning into an evil umpire.

Treading on dangerous ground that's for damn sure.

LiveSteam 06-12-2014 04:17 PM

Boston children's hospital has & is getting away with taking a lil girl from her family. Murica

jspchief 06-12-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10686922)
They would have a stroke at my house. My son has his shotguns, bows and pistol in his room.. They are probably loaded, actually I know his pistol and shotgun are loaded by his bed...

Sounds like your needs to learn about gun safety.

TLO 06-12-2014 04:24 PM

Not sure if thread will end up in DC?

HonestChieffan 06-12-2014 05:33 PM

Education administrators are more ****ed up by PC rules than the dumbass teachers who work for them.

Fansy the Famous Bard 06-13-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10686954)
Good for you.

As a child, I witnessed my dad, my brother, and a cop at my kitchen table. Cop was grilling my brother about some burglary or vandalism etc. my brother didn't do anything, but somehow his name came up from someone else etc. the Cop was doing his best interrogating, and my dad interruptedd him and said "Excuse me. is my son being charged with a crime"?
Cop: "well, no. not yet"
Dad: "Son, don't say another word. You (pointing to the cop), can leave now"
Cop: "Sir, we're conduting an investigation....."
Dad: "I don't really care what you're conducting. we're done here. please leave"
nothing ever happened from the investigation or whatever. never heard about any of it again.

it was awesome as a kid to see someone tell a cop to get bent lol. He wasn't a dick about it or anything, just the fact he told the police 'no' was shocking to me. I was probably 7 or 8.

Isn't your brother going on this Ride down to Branson with us next weekend?

Uh... sorry Dayze, I can't make it.

BigMeatballDave 06-13-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10687164)
Oh, ya.

If something like this happens to you, get the **** out of that state as fast as possible.

This

Bob Dole 06-13-2014 06:44 AM

How do you "spin your pencil like a gun"?

Dayze 06-13-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10688234)
Isn't your brother going on this Ride down to Branson with us next weekend?

Uh... sorry Dayze, I can't make it.

LMAO. I have two brothers and.....yes, he's 'that one' going to Branson.

be sure to lock your saddle bags.

Dayze 06-13-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10687141)
Let's not draw any conclusions.

LMAO

DMAC 06-13-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

LMAO

ptlyon 06-13-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

ROFL

:shrug: