ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Taylor Swift says you're wrong if you think the music industry is dying (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284852)

LoneWolf 07-08-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10735682)
Music should be free.[/I]

Why?

Coochie liquor 07-08-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10735507)
I, for one, am happy to dance on the grave of the days when released albums had one good song, one okay, and eight filler tracks for $16.99.

This!! Those bands were getting paid (well record companies were) and putting out subpar product! Eff those fat bastards!!

KCUnited 07-08-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10736026)
Why?

By free, I mean the ability to listen to without purchasing. Streaming, Bandcamp, etc.

rico 07-08-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10735990)
kewl Taylor Swift thread bro

I like your kewwl avatar, Kurtz dude!

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-08-2014 11:51 AM

Thank God. After reading Ms. Swift's thoughtful insights on the music industry, I can now sleep at night.

LoneWolf 07-08-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10736035)
By free, I mean the ability to listen to without purchasing. Streaming, Bandcamp, etc.

Again I ask why? Do you get to go to a department store and pick out clothes to wear for free as long as you return them to the store?

These songs are created by the artists and they should be treated like any other product. We have become so entitled as a society that we believe that any intellectual property should be free. Music, movies, art, etc....

Aries Walker 07-08-2014 01:28 PM

This about sums it up.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/music_industry

listopencil 07-08-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10735502)
A cookie cutter country artist doesn't know shit about shit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Djp8ODyRK68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayO nBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true ,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,& quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,& quot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Mennonite 07-08-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10736050)
Again I ask why? Do you get to go to a department store and pick out clothes to wear for free as long as you return them to the store?

These songs are created by the artists and they should be treated like any other product. We have become so entitled as a society that we believe that any intellectual property should be free. Music, movies, art, etc....

Screw them. Pirate everything.

lcarus 07-08-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon Cheeseburger (Post 10735422)
I'm going to go steal her music off of Kazaa.

Haven't you heard of Bearshare? God dab boy... get with the times!

Mennonite 07-08-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10736275)
Haven't you heard of Bearshare? God dab boy... get with the times!

Music downloaded from Kazaa can only be played on phonographs, I believe.

What.cd and Waffles are the best music trackers. Or so I have heard. I'm mainly into movies these days.

lcarus 07-08-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 10736282)
Music downloaded from Kazaa can only be played on phonographs, I believe.

What.cd and Waffles are the best music trackers. Or so I have heard. I'm mainly into movies these days.

Oh I remember the days of ordering 15 free CDs from Columbia House. I was only 11 at the time. I'm not sure how, but I get the idea I ****ed my parents somehow financially.

Mennonite 07-08-2014 02:06 PM

Columbia House was a great deal...until you forget to send the form back at the end of the month and you end up with a mailbox full of Melissa Etheridge and Bell Biv Devoe cds at $18.99 a pop.

lcarus 07-08-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 10736301)
Columbia House was a great deal...until you forget to send the form back at the end of the month and you end up with a mailbox full of Melissa Etheridge and Bell Biv Devoe cds at $18.99 a pop.

Hahaha, I seriously think I ended up with a ****ing Melissa Etheridge CD in our mailbox. My mom says what the hell is "come to my window" and why are we being billed 28 dollars for it?