ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games MADDEN 15 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285335)

CoMoChief 07-30-2014 08:56 PM

There hasn't been a good Madden game since 2004 or 2005

10 god damn years....

College game is/was better....so long to that game though. :cuss:

Gonzo 07-30-2014 09:06 PM

God I remember game day and 2k. They were far superior. I wish EA would just give up or the NFL would let a better studio take over for a few years.

srvy 07-30-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10776000)
I would just buy Madden 25 used. If you didn't play it last year etc.
I'd bet an ice cold beverage that the difference between 25 and whatever is coming out this year is most certainly not worth the difference in cost.

:shrug:

Its 25.00 new at xboxlive I wouldn't give 10 bucks.

lcarus 07-30-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10777015)
God I remember game day and 2k. They were far superior. I wish EA would just give up or the NFL would let a better studio take over for a few years.

Yeah I'm ready for 2K to make an NFL game. They did an amazing job with NBA 2K14. Best sports game I've ever played. I've been a Madden fan for my whole life, but enough is enough with their product.

And Gameday was absolute shit as far as I can remember.

Mav 07-31-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10776563)
Negative, Madden went down hill as soon they removed vision cone which made online play a joke (2008ish). Now it's asinine to play defense as you can't read the QBs eyes, they can't give you a fake read, they aren't forced to "aim" (not even in the general direction) etc. It's just "durrrr throw to any receiver on the field at any point with no indication of anything and your QBs positioning doesn't matter." Now it's less of a football simulator and more of a them park game for dummies.

The vision cone was awesome. It exposed shitty players and really helped players like me who has ridiculous stick control rightfully smash chumps.

I still maintain that this last Madden was pretty good.

ThaVirus 07-31-2014 01:51 AM

MADDEN 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10775944)
I'm a top 50 ranked player on XB1, and I can tell you that if you go for it on scenarios like the above, chances are you will lose if you miss even 1 conversion. The sad fact is that you are FORCED to go for it, because kids have glitches to come in untouched and block your field goal or punt. Makes every game a damn struggle for me. Every game I get matched in, is a top 100 player, and pretty much whoever turns the ball over first, loses. The defensive AI is horrendous, and supposed 'fixed' in M15. The only team I have ever used online is KC, and every dam game is vs SF, SEA or CAR.

Ah, the glitches. I cannot ****ing stand glitchers. It's bad enough that you play like a bitch (use the same 3 plays all game, go for it on 4th and 15 from your own 12, onside kick every time, etc), I can't understand why someone would want to glitch.

It's like campers on Call of Duty and the guy that just uses the one special move over and over in fighting games. Do you feel good about yourself? Are you actually enjoying this cheating bullshit?

Idk, I guess I'm just different. I play the game to have fun. Winning obviously makes everything better but I've never found myself doing something cheap in order to do so.

.... One thing I will say about the little bitches, though, it really makes sense to go for it on 4th down. The defense is just so pathetic that you have an amazing chance of converting and if you punt the ball away, you're likely just giving up 7 points in doing so. Madden really, REALLY needs to fix the defense.

lcarus 07-31-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10777246)
The vision cone was awesome. It exposed shitty players and really helped players like me who has ridiculous stick control rightfully smash chumps.

I still maintain that this last Madden was pretty good.

If the defensive AI wasn't just so awful.

Mav 07-31-2014 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10777253)
If the defensive AI wasn't just so awful.

I don't have that problem. I run straight man two high safety.

I control whatever I need to. If someone abuses the tight end, I'll use the mlb, and everything else I'll control the safeties.

Hell against Calvin whores I'll use a corner.

It's all about taking away what they want to do. I never blitz either.

Aspengc8 07-31-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10776563)
Negative, Madden went down hill as soon they removed vision cone which made online play a joke (2008ish). Now it's asinine to play defense as you can't read the QBs eyes, they can't give you a fake read, they aren't forced to "aim" (not even in the general direction) etc. It's just "durrrr throw to any receiver on the field at any point with no indication of anything and your QBs positioning doesn't matter." Now it's less of a football simulator and more of a them park game for dummies.

Madden was never intended to be a football sim. The 2K series was. This is the first year EA came out (during E3) and said they are moving away from arcade style and intend on putting out a sim game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10777274)
I don't have that problem. I run straight man two high safety.

I control whatever I need to. If someone abuses the tight end, I'll use the mlb, and everything else I'll control the safeties.

Hell against Calvin whores I'll use a corner.

It's all about taking away what they want to do. I never blitz either.

Are you on XB1 and play online? Unless your running some sort of 'max coverage' with man, where you have DL dropping back to cover curl/flat areas, you will get roasted in straight up man cover 2. Need to bring heat vs good players or man will get shredded. Smart routed out routes and 1-step motion slants get open almost 100% of the time vs man. You are correct though, if you can user/take away what they are trying to do, you can be successful with man coverage. I just personally wouldn't user a safety with man defense, only with cover 3/6 with the single high safety. Other good thing with man d is using the individual 'shade coverage' defensive play-maker. If your quick enough on the stick, you can shade all of their receivers 'outside' and manual cover the middle for slants. If they try to throw a out or corner route, it gets picked 85% of the time, or at the least, swatted or puts your AI player in a position for you to click on and swat/strip/knock the ball loose.

WhawhaWhat 07-31-2014 06:27 AM

When does the new Mutant League Football come out?

The only football game I buy these days is FIFA.

lcarus 07-31-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10777321)
When does the new Mutant League Football come out?

The only football game I buy these days is FIFA.

They're makin new Mutant League? Hockey too?

ragedogg69 07-31-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10777414)
They're makin new Mutant League? Hockey too?

probably not.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2013/10/upd...y-wont-happen/

lcarus 07-31-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10777804)

That's a shame. It could really be a great remake.

C3HIEF3S 07-31-2014 03:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l2aSebUmGO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC native 07-31-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10775944)
I'm a top 50 ranked player on XB1, and I can tell you that if you go for it on scenarios like the above, chances are you will lose if you miss even 1 conversion. The sad fact is that you are FORCED to go for it, because kids have glitches to come in untouched and block your field goal or punt. Makes every game a damn struggle for me. Every game I get matched in, is a top 100 player, and pretty much whoever turns the ball over first, loses. The defensive AI is horrendous, and supposed 'fixed' in M15. The only team I have ever used online is KC, and every dam game is vs SF, SEA or CAR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10777252)
Ah, the glitches. I cannot ****ing stand glitchers. It's bad enough that you play like a bitch (use the same 3 plays all game, go for it on 4th and 15 from your own 12, onside kick every time, etc), I can't understand why someone would want to glitch.

It's like campers on Call of Duty and the guy that just uses the one special move over and over in fighting games. Do you feel good about yourself? Are you actually enjoying this cheating bullshit?

Idk, I guess I'm just different. I play the game to have fun. Winning obviously makes everything better but I've never found myself doing something cheap in order to do so.

.... One thing I will say about the little bitches, though, it really makes sense to go for it on 4th down. The defense is just so pathetic that you have an amazing chance of converting and if you punt the ball away, you're likely just giving up 7 points in doing so. Madden really, REALLY needs to fix the defense.

Yes, I only used KC too. I got tired of people quitting when I shut down their gimmicks with KC.

Also, grew really sick of the ****ers that used only 3-4 plays and would set them as audibles/hurry up plays and run them non-stop.

I quit buying madden about 4 years ago and won't buy another one until they fix this type of bullshit.